It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600ft Jellyfish Crop Circle Found In Oxfordshire Field

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gusan

Prof. Robert Pots described two 'crop' formations in 'A Natural History of Staffordshire' 1886.

www.bltresearch.com...

I found this site today which is very informative and interesting

www.bltresearch.com...

Extract from their home page

PURPOSE: The BLT Research Team Inc.'s primary focus is crop circle research - the discovery, scientific documentation and evaluation of physical changes induced in plants, soils and other materials at crop circle sites by the energy (or energy system) responsible for creating them and to determine, if possible, from these data the specific nature and source of these energies. Secondly, our intent is to publish these research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and to disseminate this information to the general public through lectures, mainstream articles and the internet.

There are drawings with Prof. Pots article, not sure how to up load them

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
reply to post by gusan

Prof. Robert Pots described two 'crop' formations in 'A Natural History of Staffordshire' 1886.

That site you linked claims it was 1686 not 1886.

1. In July, 1880 the prestigious science journal Nature (Vol. 22, pp. 290-291) published a letter from British spectroscopist J. Rand Capron in which he described his discovery and subsequent examination of multiple circular areas of flattened wheat on a farm in southern England. He describes areas of crop "forming ... circular spots [with] a few standing stalks as a centre, some prostrate stalks with their heads arranged pretty evently in a direction forming a circle round the centre, and outside these a circular wall of stalks which [have] not suffered." Capron suggested that these flattened circles were the result of "some cyclonic wind action" and enclosed a sketch of the "most perfect" of these circles which, unfortunately, Nature did not publish.

2. In 1686 an even earlier British account of geometric areas of flattened plants is found in A Natural History of Staffordshire, written by Professor Robert Plot, LLD, the first "keeper" of Oxford's Ashmolean Museum and a professor of chemistry at Oxford. Professor Plot describes not just circles, but flattened areas "obtaining three parts of a circle, others being Semicircular, some of them Quadrants." These various designs were found both in "arable grounds" and in "open pastures ... And not only in a single, but sometimes in double and treble Circle[s], one within the other."

So we have several sources that point out crop circles in the UK going back to at least the 17th century which pretty much exclude the satellite lazer technology man made theory.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Great!
Can you also find circles throu the years constant all the way to present time?

So, now those who believe in man made secret laser microwave etc..have to explain this facts.
Also, i think that if this really was man made the people behind them would have come forward long time ago..think about it. It is no joke and no lough if somebody does not go out and say "hahaaaa it was me and i did it this way"

Sorry for my english.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Wow! i believe this is a great find and who or what ever done this is amazing.

Now lets get to the technical side of this...
A jellyfish and a Dreagonfly in 1 week.
Both represent the enviroment but is there a hidden message in these two crop circles.

The Jellyfish has 7 tails
The Dragonfly has 7 cycles/circles.
Now in a year there are 7 cycles

You can find your own personal cycles by using a simple calculation. The first cycle starts on your birthday, and each of the 7 cycles lasts 52 days. (7x52=364).

364 days a year so maybe this is reprsenting something.
I do belive there are codes to crop circles and we should all have a go at trying to crack them even if your idea is the worst.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Does any one think that there could be some connection between the Nazca lines in Peru and Crop circles????
www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by isaacbrown
Does any one think that there could be some connection between the Nazca lines in Peru and Crop circles????
www.world-mysteries.com...

That popped in my mind too as we were looking at earlier reports.
In the videos on crop circles that have been recently posted there was mention of the soil under the fields being affected. I don't know how accurate that report is but I immediately thought of the possibility that the Nazca lines would be an aftermath overtime of the very same phenomenon (or something in those lines). That is pure speculation though.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks for posting that! What I found by looking at your link...
That very simple very small circle took two weeks of planning....
12 students, and 24 hours!

Hummm....the jelly fish would have taken days then if it was made by mere mortals, and many more "stompers" as it is absolutely huge!

Yeah maybe..... but these students are not regular crop-circle makers.
If this jellyfish was done by an experienced team over a day or a few days, then i think it's possible.....or more to the point...probable.

Now the owners have not wanted a fuss about this and have been a little annoyed at the amount of people turning up to view it (or so they say)... but then no publicity is bad publicity right.

The site was extremely busy on Sunday and to be honest, like most crop circles.... this is most probably man made.

[edit on 5/6/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Could be the signs of the locusts that will torment mankind if they are not already here anyway where they escaped from the abyss or are in preparation.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
has anyone noticed that the four circles at the top are actually seven circles again, with the three smaller overlappin circles it makes seven, why this recurring number seven? peace

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

Hi sorry about the delay

The barley was defo bent and not broken and in places it was not flush with the ground. The area was very calm and quiet eerie. It did not appear that the barley was purposely flattened.

In our opinion, there is no way this could be man made as looked like it needed military planning (maybe they were involved!!) and days to do. No way that this could be done over night by team of people in the high barley. You could not even really the pattern whilst inside it so how it could be made by someone is beyond me.

My non beleiving partner Gemma, was real excited and euphoric about the experience.

Any other questions, please let us know

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

Thanks you for you post! Wow, nothing like first hand information!
Interesting about the barley being high like that how you say and too difficult to manuever in let alone to make this giant!

Your report is very much appreciated by all of us I am sure!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

No problem....We will be looking out for other reports from now in our local area and will defo get to them and take pics. We will also try and geo tag the pictures so we can give precise co ordinates when we publish them on flickr for example

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Two short videos on the Jellyfish crop circle...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

Thank you for that. It's amazing how you said that in some parts of the circle, they were flattened above ground height - now that would be humanly impossible, because you wouldn't be able to flatten it without treading on it! And also, if you are inside the circle you can't actually see the pattern to get a frame of reference!

Amazing stuff! Thank you so much for reporting on your experience with your partner!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Some argue the formations are the work of artists with access to computers and plenty of volunteers. The 'Circlemakers' are a group of artists, including Brit artist Gavin Turk among others, who say on their website that they get together with other teams of circle-makers to create ambitious formations.

Source Link
Circlemakers Link

Don't know if anyone saw this but thought it could shed some light or other possible explanation other than being paranormal.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by delta38

From your link...did you read all of the site? This is a story these guy claim is true...what do you think?

Once in the field, our initial job was to set up the datum line - A taut length of string (on this occasion pulled diagonally across a number of tram lines) that acts as a spinal cord from which the formation can grow. Finally we were off, and like the low munching of sheep our stompers began to turn the design into reality. After about an hour, we three circlemakers converged on the same point and began quietly discussing our progress. Suddenly my attention was drawn to a light that had appeared from nowhere. It was a few hundred yards away and directly in front of us. As soon as I'd registered its presence I alerted my colleagues. Amazed, we stood there gazing at this football-sized orange light as it hung motionless, about forty feet above the surrounding countryside. After an estimated five seconds the light began to slowly descend. Within another five seconds it had descended about ten feet and had faded into invisibility. With little time to spare, we excitedly returned to our work, always hopeful of a repeat performance.

Subsequent daylight checks revealed no evidence of the light's existence. That year also saw a large increase in the number of luminosities reported around circle sites. Did we witness a naturally occurring phenomenon - or were we really being scanned by the genuine circlemakers?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

No problems

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Anybody want to speculate on why the number 5 vertical circle from the top (3rd from the bottom) does not conform to the consistent decreasing circle diameter from top to bottom?

Each lower circle is slightly smaller than the one above it until you reach the Fifth circle, which deviates from the consistent pattern, and then the 6th and 7th circles go back to the patterned reductions...

Just curious...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Also - Have you noticed the correlation between some crop circles and world events?

Check this article, released 2 days ago:

GIANT JELLYFISH THREATEN TO DOMINATE WORLD'S OCEANS

Coincidence?

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Yes...I did look at the circles as you suggest and they are different there at the bottom of the long middle of circles! From looking at it, nothing comes to mind...

And is that not wierd about the jellyfish overgrowth? A few pages back, or on the other thead, there was a post about it with reference to the RSOE Map...I will see if I can find it...Good Catch!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join