It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600ft Jellyfish Crop Circle Found In Oxfordshire Field

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't mean to be rude but it has been shown that people go out and do this stuff and the fact it is in the jellyfish shape kind of suggests some people were having fun. It's not alien, it's a bunch of people, either drunk or thinking it is fun making some rubbish up.

Oh and i would point out that these designs are actually easier to produce than the geometrically perfect designs of other crop circles.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Oh I am not thinking UFO here...at least I dont think I am...anyways...
Do you have any idea how they use heat to produce this type?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I don't think it is heat. I think it's simple compression. Problem is that it isn't researched enough to identify which method is used. All i can say is that it would no doubt be human because simple documentaries have shown that humans do this kind of thing and if aliens were trying to send signals then why the hell would they produce jellyfish?

It's all nonsense sorry.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Some of the simple crop circles, yes...there is a team of men who have admitted to doing this...but...well I was all set to just dismiss the possiblilty of any type of "other" expanation...until I found some scientific data to back up this idea that maybe these types of things are made by some unidentified
method. I was just looking for an explanation...and found this:

It is unlikely that an atmospheric plasma vortex system could account for the changes observed in the clay minerals. The data, however, rule out direct mechanical flattening of the crop circle plants by human beings utilizing planks or boards as an explanation for this event. Control studies carried out by BLT over the last several years have shown that significant node-length increase and expulsion cavities do not occur in crop flattened by boards or planks, human feet or cement rollers, or to crop which has been 100% over-fertilized. And, since either geologic pressure and/or intense heat is required to cause decrease in KI of the clay minerals--and neither can be produced by planks, boards, cement rollers, feet, etc.--this, or a similar mechanical mechanism, must be ruled out. It is our intent to carry out additional plant and soil research in an attempt to replicate the results of this XRD study, if funding can be obtained.

It should be mentioned that the farmer/owner of the field and his wife, as well as an unrelated individual, reported dramatic aerial light phenomena in the immediate area of this crop field around the time the formation was discovered, as well as the fact that cell phone failure was observed during sampling inside the formation. Reports of similar events at other cropcircle sites around the world are increasingly common. Whether these incidents are relevant is not known, but it is our opinion that they should not be dismissed without investigation if further scientific study cannot provide an adequate explanation for the data.

www.wccsg.com...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Actually there has been extensive research including a $1 Million Rockefeller Foundation grant.

In 1999, researcher Colin Andrews received funding from Laurence Rockefeller to conduct a two- year investigation into crop-circle hoaxing. Andrews put together a team that studied crop circles that had been commissioned by various media outlets and infiltrated several groups known to be creating man-made circles.... Andrews concluded that 80% of all circles studied showed "unassailable" signs of having been man-made, including post holes used to demarcate circle layouts or evidence of human tracks underlying the circle sites, but could not account for the remaining 20%, for which he was unable to find signs of human interaction.[6]

Minuscule spheres of magnetic iron have also been found, distributed either around the perimeter of the circle or linearly, which suggests a very complex delivery system. [2] Bent or extended nodes in the stems of cereal grasses too have been found, suggesting that the crop has been subjected to a very rapid electromagnetic burst, causing the moisture inside the stems to expand, stretching or bending the nodes to almost three times their length. Holes have been found in the nodes, suggesting a rapid microwave burst, causing the moisture to turn into steam, which then forces its way out, leaving expulsion cavities. [3]

In 2002, Discovery Channel commissioned five aeronautics and astronautics students from MIT to create crop circles of their own. Discovery's production team consulted with crop-circle researcher Nancy Talbott, who provided them with three attributes that she believed set "real" crop circles apart from known man-made circles, such as those created by Doug Bower and Dave Chorley.[25] These criteria were:
Elongated apical plant stem nodes
Expulsion cavities in the plant stems
The presence of 10–50 micrometre diameter magnetized iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly
Over the course of a single night, the team was able to create a stereotypical "man-made" circle that they then attempted to enhance using the three criteria. The team used lengths of rope to plot their design and trampled the wheat down in a spiral pattern using lengths of wooden board attached to loops of rope. To meet criterion 2, they constructed a portable microwave emitter, using it to superheat the moisture inside the corn stalks until it burst out as steam. To meet criterion 3, they built a device—dubbed the Flammschmeisser ("flamethrower")—that sprayed iron particles through a heated ring. However, the device proved to be too time-consuming to use, and they were forced to finish the task by using a pyrotechnic charge to distribute the iron around the circle. The circle was later analyzed by graduate students from MIT, who declared it to be "on a par with any of the documented cases". Their conclusion was later questioned by Talbott, who noted that the team had only been able to recreate two of the three criteria. Talbott also expressed concerns that the iron particles were not distributed laterally. Furthermore, she felt that the team's use of night-vision headsets and other technologically advanced items would be out of reach for the average hoaxer.[25] This would have been even more so in the '70s and '80s when night-vision equipment was rare outside official use.
The creation of the circle was recorded and used in the Discovery Channel documentary Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields.[25]

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6/2/2009 by trusername]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

yes... a lot of 7s.and 7 is us the 7th planet. made a lot of sense to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Oh how pretty!

Question - do the farmers have crop losses because of these? Does it make it harder to get the crops harvested? Do the crops come up in future years okay where these things were?

It's pretty but whoever the perps are probably cost the poor farmer a bunch.

ya making a crop circle without permission from the land owner is VANDALISM and is a Crime

if your a aspiring artist for crop circles, seek permission first

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Very interesting indeed! Thanks for the link...thinking about wiki, and never thought this would be on there...maybe tinwiki!

From your link...

In 2002, Freddy Silva published Secrets in the Fields (2002).[37] He paraphrases Gerald Hawkins' summary: "If crop circles are made by hoaxers, then they should stop doing it, because they are breaking the law and damaging the food supply. If they are made by UFO aliens, they shouldn't give us back the dates of our trips to Mars and the names of the men from the Titanic era – famous, clever, but now forgotten. If some are transcendental, the power behind it should realize that our culture is not now willing to accept transcendental happenings. But if they are indeed transcendental, then society will have to make a big adjustment in the years ahead." (p. 299)

Critics have cited what they refer to as the "shyness factor". This alludes to the fact that no crop-circle makers have been caught in the act. This assertion is not true however, and there are cases of circle makers being apprehended, including one high-profile case in 1998 when a circle was made for the media and the makers interrupted when seen in the act. In most cases, it appears that the creation of crop circles is a nocturnal activity. Usually nothing is reported, and during one attempt to observe the creation of a crop circle, numerous individuals witnessed nothing out of the ordinary, yet were astounded to see a crop circle in the field 500 yards (457.2 m) away from the one they had been watching the next morning.[30] Crop circles known to have formed during daylight have not revealed the presence of hoaxers.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 3-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
ho hum ............... its that time of year again

my standard question is - why crop circles ? why not carvings in solid rock - or the boneville salt flats ?

my freind who believes whole heartedly in the ` aliens dunn it ` explaination - brushes the question off with the excuse ` aliens are not like us , they dont think the same way we do `

that may be true - but if it is you cannot double back and start interpreting the " message "

so ATS - why crop circles ?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Interesting how the number of them go up in summer. Are aliens taking vacation or is it more that humans just feel better doing it when it isn't raining?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
That is a very impressive design,however if you look closely at the tentacles you can see the exact place that they used a smaller plank to taper the tentacles out.It goes from a wide plank to a smaller plank size about halfway down each tentacle.All circles are man made IMHO.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by tarifa37]

I left this post on the other thread about this crop circle.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
That's a really nice piece of art, but that's all it looks like is a piece of art. If it was from lightning or a UFO landing would'nt it have some kind of singe marks ?

'nuff said.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

You been reading my thread?
I find it a bit spooky that this jellyfish image has 'cropped' up...

The day before BTS posted this, I posted this..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is there more to this image than we are reading into?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Interresting find. The corrilation with the crop jellyfish and the earths magnetisfier is also interresting. I look at it once a week to see how its changing due to the closer we get to galactic center, and how its shrinking.
Interresting.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This crop circle was foretelling the Air France disaster that would happen a few days later. The primary numbers in the crop circle are 4 and 7. The Air France flight was 447. The jellyfish symbol is showing that the disaster would happen in the ocean. The increasing size of the circles as they approach the head of the jellyfish show the increasing speed of the airliner as it approached the water. The small dots inside the larger circles represent life, or passengers. The head of the jellyfish has circles that are shattered into smaller circles, showing how the approaching circle is shattered into four major and eight minor circles, or aircraft sections. The stripes on the head of the jellyfish indicate compression waves from sudden impact with the water. The tentacles also demonstrate the splash of impact.

Just a thought.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

any evidence for this bout of 20 / 20 hindsight ??? or are you just cherrypicking elements to suit your pre thought ` theory ` ??

PS - is this explaination mutually exclusive ? its the 5th so far

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There is no way on earth this could be claimed to be bored uni students with flat boards & lots of time

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
any chance of being something other than jellyfish. Circles down centre don't seem very jellyfish like.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join