It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peta Boycotts Canadian Maple Syrup until seal hunt ends!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I thought this would be a great place to start this since PETA is at it once again, if someone started a thread I apologize in advanced.

PETA or should I say, some ignorant people who think their pocket puppies are more important than the planet. Really need to wake up. I’m so tired of PETA and only for the reason that they are never true to their causes. As most of us can see the take in money from true pet lovers and use it for their own twisted political agendas.

This time they have gone too far, but really I’m LAUGHINGMYASSOFF ! Why you ask, blow back!

This is a great time for maple syrup shacks and producers, PETA just gave our countries producers a huge jump into next year’s market, with huge world interest into the product. The seal ban is being used to attack a different industry, trying to use it as leverage against the hunters. But if we have learned anything from Americans, its one important thing called blowback!

The seal hunt has been going on since man could walk upright, with Inuit and arctic Russians hunting the land since the beginning!

Certain countries within the EU moved to ban the trade of these furs a few years back, funniest part of the lmao again is these countries where the biggest importers of these products, and still are haha!

PETA's track record shows it holds no water against these Hunters and Tradesmen. Just today I listen to some PETA rep on the radio in California telling us about the “slaughter" of the seals, and to boycott maple syrup, like if you guys don’t buy our sweet treat our whole country will collapse....what mental midgets. Our host would in turn remind her it is a HUNT.

And that’s what it is a hunt, happens in spring to control the seal pop. And feeds the people until the ground can grow food, and they can hunt the other animals they eat all year long.

If you even try to debunk this you will prove the whole theory right.

How you ask, will trying to debunk this happen. Consumers all of us. No one is innocent, you eat what you want or desire, they eat to survive, if a great famine comes these people will laugh at you for relying on the government to kill the animals, cook the animals, and put them in a wrapper for you. Vegetarians your killing "living" things too, beautiful flowers and plants, there is no difference it's all alive. And all a part of the universe we live in and share. To debunk is to truly show your will to control others.

My only question, well more of a rhetorical one. Why doesn't PETA save endangered domesticated animals and live stock and leave the people of the world they don't understand alone?

Answer: Reliance, dependence, and laziness.

You people in the cities rely so much on the government to take care of you. You have totally detached yourself from the realities of life. You totally over look the guy who shoots the cow, guts, skins, cures the meat and pelt, Cuts and prepares it for you, so no doubt seeing a creature being killed will turn the same stomach that the cow is in.

If you don't understand it, don't demonize it. If you do understand it then you know what I’m talking about, maybe you still disagree, maybe you think your will and ideals are greater than others. Who's to say YOU, why? You don’t live there and you don't understand it. Ask Dr. King if the people understand difference....WAIT!! One of the greatest men to live and we can't ask him a question WHY??

Edited for Spelling, and Sarcasim

[edit on 2-6-2009 by humilisunus]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by humilisunus

As most of us can see the take in money from true pet lovers and use it for their own twisted political agendas.

I can't see, can you please show me?

The seal hunt has been going on since man could walk upright, with Inuit and arctic Russians hunting the land since the beginning!

They hunted the seals for food and fur, to keep warm. The Inuit hunt accounts for only 3% of all seals killed.

The majority of seals are hunted for fur that people use for clothing which is unnecessary. There are different types of imitation fur that is perfectly fine. The argument is real fur is bio degradable and apparently warmer.

But put yourself in the seal's shoes. Imagine if some thug of a human was coming at you with a hakapik? You probably wouldn't be too happy with that, would you?

The reality is a lot of these animals a tortured before they finally die. The Canadian sealing regulations say rifles, clubs and hakapiks are permitted, and that if using either the club or hakapik, the animal must be struck in the head to crush it's skull.

There is plenty of video evidence to prove seals are beaten to death and suffer greatly. That is the problem most people have.

My only question, well more of a rhetorical one. Why doesn't PETA save endangered domesticated animals and live stock and leave the people of the world they don't understand alone?

Peta have a massive campaign to stop live stock cruelty, AKA slaughterhouses.

You people in the cities rely so much on the government to take care of you. You have totally detached yourself from the realities of life. You totally over look the guy who shoots the cow, guts, skins, cures the meat and pelt, Cuts and prepares it for you, so no doubt seeing a creature being killed will turn the same stomach that the cow is in.

An unfair generalisation. Most people are concerned about how animals are killed, and that they're killed humanely. In fact in New Zealand the media has been going crazy after some pig farms in the North Island were exposed for their treatment of animals.

In fact more and more people are becoming vegetarian. This is proof that people are aware and are taking action against animal culling.

In my opinion Peta are just doing their job, trying to stop the unnecessary animal killing that happens in this world of greed.

Just try, for once, to put yourself in the shoes of the animal on the other end.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Thank you for your response.

First you ask me to show you about the money and true pet lovers, this one is easy.

Every granny/grandpa, or decent person will and do contribute to what they think are good causes, elderly people with retirement savings get hit by these people first, because grannies and grandpas really do care. Then you have the euthanasia list, which you don’t have to argue with me about, for I understand that many of the animals are in dire need of it after abuse. But many are not, and when homes aren’t found the act takes place.

“They hunted the seals for food and fur, to keep warm. The Inuit hunt accounts for only 3% of all seals killed”

With all due respect this is what I mean by how detached most are. The furs were to keep warm. Yes they did make leathers from some, and oils from fat for light, and eat the meat. You are overlooking the biggest part, the fact that this is their currency in a barren land. Grain, medicines, art, fur, meat, and friendly relations. This is the true story, while I’ll agree that many people hunt traditional lands that have no right to it, the Inuit currency has been crushed, their trade routes gone. I am sure a McDonalds isn’t going to fix their problems.

PETA are rich, yuppie socialites who buy up add time/space, while there are always hard workers in causes like this. If PETA truly cared about anything on this planet they would have been named themselves PETH, get it ? Whoever preaches to save something that has nothing to do with our fellow man is a hypocrite, detached and disillusioned from reality.

Unfair generalization?

I don’t see it that way, I see it as people thousands of miles away, watching from a TV or PC are going to voice their opinion. Go look it up, wiki it, get your news where you may. It’s still only a stitch in fabric of these peoples live you would destroy to save a seal.

“Just try, for once, to put yourself in the shoes of the animal on the other end”.

I do put myself in their shoes, their meat, their fur and their lives. The part you’re not hearing is, we make sure they are not hunted to extinction, but it also controls the population of “fish” eaters in the area, which makes up a huge part of Inuit diet. You do realize we live in a food chain right? Our whole means of survival depends on the food.

Why is Africa not fed and wells of abundance drilled? Why are we killing people in foreign lands for “their” resources? Because WE my friends need new TVs and new cars and toasters, where the hell is it supposed to come from? There’s no shadow government it’s us, the “chewers” the consumers, we expand and conquer, we “take” what we need and want, instead of what is right and what we should be doing. This is why we are ruled, we want to be.

This for me is the tip off the iceberg, if you want more questions I have millions so don’t tell me how ethical it is to starve and drive people from their lands because you can’t stand the sight of how reality works.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by humilisunus]

new topics

join