It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacqui Smith to 'resign' as Home Secretary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Jacqui Smith to 'resign' as Home Secretary

news.google.com

Miss Smith has signalled she will step down when Mr Brown reshuffles his Cabinet after this week’s local and European elections.

Her departure emerged as three more Labour MPs – including serving minister Beverley Hughes – signalled they will leave the House of Commons at the next election.

Miss Smith will remain in parliament and intends to contest her marginal seat in Redditch at the next election.

A source close to the Home Secretary, who had been “hurt” by revelations about her expenses claims, said she had spoken to Mr Brown about her plans two months ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.google. com
news.google.com
n ews.google.com
news.google.com

[edit on 2/6/2009 by m0r1arty]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
♫ Ding dong the witch is dead ♪

So Jacqui Smith the tyrant that has tried to shut down the UK's freedoms through illegal electronic surveillance and a massive database of all it's citizens is to step down.

Now whilst I understand that the role of Home Secretary is never an easy one - I've always though her bulldog attitude and lack of knowledge of how systems work to be particularly poor and ill-conceived.

Who will replace her?

Well it's certainly a big question as Labour moves further away from being a contender for the next UK Government.

-m0r

news.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
cant see a change of face will bring too much change. Labour are hell bent on losing the next election. Dont worry we'll have Cameron and his little Eton chums taking the reigns soon

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Indeed the Cameron Era is nigh, hold on to your hats for another spell of the Tories systematically destroying the country. You would have thought people would have learnt their lesson after Thatcher, but it appears not!

As for Jacqui Spliff, good riddance to bad rubbish. Lets see what halfwit steps into the fray next, no doubt they will have spent £50k worth of taxpayers money on a pond or similar............

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
Indeed the Cameron Era is nigh, hold on to your hats for another spell of the Tories systematically destroying the country. You would have thought people would have learnt their lesson after Thatcher, but it appears not!

As for Jacqui Spliff, good riddance to bad rubbish. Lets see what halfwit steps into the fray next, no doubt they will have spent £50k worth of taxpayers money on a pond or similar............

Sorry, is that better or worse than three-day working weeks and evenings spent in darkness? Thatcher did what simply had to be done, painful as it was.

You may have, of course, meant "an era of the Tories systematically creating a financially stable nation". Like they did before Labour got their grubby Orwellian mitts on it.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
She should have been sacked...the worry is this woman will be moved sideways...in which case she is still there to wreak havoc elsewhere. I really think if anyone should have been made an example of, it is her..useless woman.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

TLMOE, I'm not suggesting for one minute that the Labour Party have covered themselves in glory either. I think all governments over the last 30/40 years have been pretty disasterous regardless of political stance.

To suggest Thatcher is in some way a saviour and worthy of praise is not an outlook I will ever have, although you are of course, entitled to your opinion and I respect it!

I shall be voting Green in the next election as I have done in the past. Too many people fought for too long to make sure we could exercise our democratic right, the fact that we have no-one worthy of voting for should not stop people voting.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
hold on to your hats for another spell of the Tories systematically destroying the country.

Would you like to explain just how a Tory government could destroy this country any more than the Labour government already has?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Have you read my post above? I've stated quite clearly that this is not just a snap at the Tories.

Try reading before making sarcastic comments.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join