It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we are part of something bigger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I always think about stuff like this.

What if we are tiny little cells of something big, like a alien or other type of being.

The planets and suns could be like the electrons and neutrons and nucleas and stuff.

We already know we are cells all clumped together so what if the universe is cells all clumped together to make up a being, and tha being is cells which make something bigger and so on..

Ahhh my head hurts

Thoughts people.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If you fell outward to the limit of the universe would you find a board fence and signs reading DEAD END? No. You might find something hard and rounded, as the chick must see the egg from the inside. And if you should peck through that shell (or find a door), what great torrential light might shine through and discover our entire universe is but one atom on a blade of grass? Might you be forced to think that by burning a twig you incinerate an eternity of eternities? That existence rises not to one infinite but to an infinity of them?
Perhaps you saw what place our universe plays in the scheme of things- as no more than an atom in a blade of grass. Could it be that everything we can perceive, from the microscopic virus to the distant horsehead nebula is contained in one blade of grass that may have existed for only a single season in an alien time-flow?

What if that blade were to be cut off by a scythe?

-Extract from The Gunslinger (Stephen King)

[edit on 01/06/09 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think about that all the time.

Think the phrase 'bigger picture' - everything is replicated on smaller and bigger scales, ad infinitum.
Don't motorway/road/river/canal networks look a bit like say, veins and nerves?

Mindboggling.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

That section of The Gunslinger never ceases to blow my mind every time I read it. A co-worker and I were having a discussion on religion and stuff and I tried (key word here- tried) to quote that to him and got it all wrong and he then proceeded to call me an idiot.

Anyway OP, you are not the only one to question our place in the universe, as others will point.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Same here. Never has something made so little and yet so much sense to me. I was also reading the book Holographic Universe at the same time and they seemed to tie in with each other so well.
Its a brilliant theory.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Holographic Universe eh? Gonna have to look that up then. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join