It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Jacqui Smith to resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Breaking: Jacqui Smith to resign

www.guardian.co.uk

Jacqui Smith 'to resign as home secretary' as expenses row continues

Jacqui Smith will stand down as home secretary in Gordon Brown's cabinet reshuffle, it was reported today.

The revelation ends weeks of speculation about Smith's political future following a furore over her controversial parliamentary expenses claims.

The move will pave the way for a radical shake-up of Gordon Brown's cabinet following what is expected to be disastrous local and European election results for Labour this weekend.

She has endured a torrid two years as home secretary and came under intense polit
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Good riddance! It's a about time this women stepped down. It almost seemed as if she would never step down or lose her job, no matter how corrupt she was shown to be!

Hopefully her dream Orwellian society will fade away now that it's biggest fan will no longer be in power. It's a good day indeed that such a dangerous politician is on her way out.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Jacqui Smith, as we kick it shut behind you.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I just hope the door doesn't hit her on the ass on the way out!!

Anyone know who is replacing her - should be an interesting appointment!

Cheers for letting us know.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Time to get the beers in and have me a party!
although being realistic im sure there is another vile politician lurking in the shadows just itching at the chance to bring in draconian new laws to save us from the evil terrorists.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have just seen this on News 24, my work colleague pointed it out to me. I cheered and shook my hands in the air upon hearing the news.

I despise the woman, her attitude and what she has done in her short tenure as Home Secretary. Thankfully, the rest of the Labour cretins will be on their way out inside of a year, never to be allowed back in!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good riddance to one of the worst home secretaries in living memory, i sure she used to use Orwell's 1984 as an instruction manual

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A National Holiday should be announced and it shoud be mandatory that everyone get's absolutely deliriously happily drunk as the proverbial in celebration of such wonderful news.

The only problem is that they will just get another clone like, self-serving, corrupt, career politician who will just blindly follow party line rather than the interests of his / her constituents to replace her.

All 646 MP's should resign and stand for re-election on non-party aligned manifesto's aimed at putting the care's and concerns of their constituents first.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thank all the gods that this foul woman has finally gone. Harman, Blears and Mandelson, we want you out next.

Honestly, this has made my day.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I have just seen this on News 24, my work colleague pointed it out to me. I cheered and shook my hands in the air upon hearing the news.

I despise the woman, her attitude and what she has done in her short tenure as Home Secretary. Thankfully, the rest of the Labour cretins will be on their way out inside of a year, never to be allowed back in!

Perhaps NuLabour were a blessing in a very good disguise, then. After all, it was almost 20 years before Blair's labour got back in after making such a royal hash of everything in the 70's. Think how long it will be before Labour is back in again. 30 years? 50? I'm getting giddy just thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

That's FANTASTIC news!

I can't stand that woman and her bizarre attempts to imprison the UK people.

I'll have to stop there, because if I continue to say exactly what I think of her I'll be banned.

Goodbye you despicable, sick, twisted specimen of a Human.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

The Tories will, yet again, have to spend the next decade (at least) putting the country right again just like last time!

Plus they'll get bad press for having to make tough decisions forced upon them by, yet again, another reckless, spend happy Labour Government that seems centred around sinking the country.

new topics

top topics

join