It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V, 2009 series remake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Youtube Trailer

In 2010 abc will be airing the remaking of the V series. Theres not a lot of info but it looks quite good. Aliens arriving on earth with a message of peace and hope, surely its to good to be true.
Anyway i wonder how far it actually differs from the original, im sure diehard fans will have something to say.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Hopefully, ABC will do a better job of the series than NBC did when they ran it. The trailer looks interesting, and I am a fan of the miniseries. I definitely will check it out.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The miniseries was probably one of the most realistic ideas of a hostile alien takeover you could envision...will be great to see it redone...

Man, when I was younger, I'd move heaven and earth to catch each episode....when it originally aired....

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Here's the review I posted on another thread.:

I just ran across this review of the pilot of the new V series on ABC and thought I'd add it to the thread:

Pilot Inspektor: An Advance Review of ABC's "V"

Apparently they loved it.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I should state that the first miniseries was good, but the second one had a terrible ending with a little girl who saves the world. Too silly and contrived to take seriously afterword.

When the hourly series started, the show dumped genre favorite Michael Ironside (Ham) which totally ruined the show. I did like the characters' use of the names Charles and Diana. Diana was my favorite character as she was very evil and sexy, a good match.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I should state that the first miniseries was good, but the second one had a terrible ending with a little girl who saves the world. Too silly and contrived to take seriously afterword.

Wasn't that the end of the first miniseries? Yep, I just try and block out that scene...kind of like electing to forget the second Highlander movie....

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The little girl was in the second miniseries. The first one ended in a cliffhanger of sorts. They should of kept us in suspense, as they did not know how to end the storyline.

ABC has a good track record of late, so I am not too worried. I just hope they do not move it around like they have other series so it can grow an audience.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I remember the red dust choking the aliens, and the little girl keeping the mothership from crashing into LA, but I'm probably just running it all together.....mostly...I just remember Diana...sexy, evil reptilian lady...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I dont recall the original at all, maybe i never saw it or if i did i was too young to recall. Will definately try and chase it up though. I am hoping that the new one will be shown on tv in Europe aswell.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Im dreading the reptilian hysteria theat will ensue. thats if they do reptile aliens again. I always thought V is what started the reptilian hooohaaa.

I liked V, i watched it again recently online and LMAO, but still secretly enjoied it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I actually have it on DVD (so for those who want to see the original, should be easy to find). It was only like $15 at Walmart or Target for the miniseries.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I had a look on amazon and every episode and mini series is around $51US. Hopefully i can find it somewhere local in Europe next time im out shopping.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Since the show will be expensive to produce, the makers will probably be selling it to many overseas markets. I would even expect a European production company to co-produce the series.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I actually have it on DVD (so for those who want to see the original, should be easy to find). It was only like $15 at Walmart or Target for the miniseries.

I've got it on dvd as well--I just loved the series.
What more could you want---nasty reptiles invading the earth with a good guy one thrown in as well.
I might even watch it again now

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Here's the new head alien..."Anna"...

Not sure why they changed the name. Apparently, this actress was in Firefly (never saw it)...

Just from an initial glance, not seeing it...but all depends on how she acts it...as Diana was one sexy lizard to live up to....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
[mod edit:
removed]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

join