It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Military to swear Allegance to OBAMA...? hell must of froze over...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
www.newstin.com...

its all over ... just look...

THE NATIONAL LAW JOURNAL Wednesday, January 28, 2009 Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution Michele Chang

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon, including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may break with a centuries-old tradition. A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Adminis tration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution. "The oath to the Constitution is as old as the document itself." the spokesman said, "At no time in American history, not even in the Civil War, did the oath change or the subject of the oath differ. It has always been to the Constitution."

The back-and-forth between the White House and the Defense Department was expected as President George W. Bush left office. President Obama has already signed orders to close Guantanamo and to pull combat troops from Iraq But, this, say many at the Defense Department, goes too far. "Technically, we can't talk about it before it becomes official policy." the spokesman continued. "However, the Defense Department, including the Secretary, will not take this laying down. Expect a fight from the bureaucracy and the brass."

Sources at the White House had a different point of view. In a circular distributed by White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, the rationale for the change was made more clear. "The President feels that...

WHAT'S NEXT... IS HE GOING TO ASK THE ALLEGIANCE OF ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS & SET HIMSELF UP AS GOD TO BE WORSHIPPED??? the date on this is pretty old.... hummm... what do you think...?

[edit on 2-6-2009 by BornPatriot]

[mod edit: clipped quoted content, added Required EX tags]
Mod Note: Quoting External Sources – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
first of all, where did this information come from? I may have missed the source, but it needs to be listed on your OP. I will reserve comment untill I see where it came from.

edit to add: I tried to search the sorce you listed but could not find the article. Please post a link to the article.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by network dude]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This post should be moved to the HOAX section.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Technically, the military already takes an "Oath of Allegiance" to the President. When swearing in before you being your time in the military, you say how you will protect the people of the United States, defend the Constitution, and obey the President's orders.

But, I agree, this is probably just some hoax article.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
what do you think...?

I think its an article from January.

And if you google it, its acknowledged as a satirical piece.

As such, I think its completely irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Law Journal - postings for January 28th -

Positive Parentalism

President Barack Obama is considering such approaches to address insurance problems in the United States

Course Correction Needed

President Barack Obama's nomination of Harvard Law School Dean Elena Kagan to be the next solicitor general inspires reflections not only about who should be the solicitor general, but also about what should be the role of the S.G.

I'm not seeing the 'military to swear allegence to obama' for January 28.
It may be under a different date ... ya'll can go to the homesite and see
if you can find it.

Home Site

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

you did ... it was in the first line... read the article next time... tks...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

could you link what you posted to the actual article? I searched the site and did not find it. I just don't want to be one of those idiots who spouts off about stuff that isn't true.

Nevermind. I just found out that it's false info, and not true at all.
look here

[edit on 2-6-2009 by network dude]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

This one needs a [HOAX] tag on it.

I don't like Obama either, but spreading untruths about him is not going to do anything but get the Obamanites ginned up.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

look you got a issue with me.... stop reading my post's... please... I suck big time - so stop wasting your time - wasting mine... in other words... well you know what I'm thinking....

well then have your OBAMA, produce the required documents and I will shut up.. until then he is an enemie within with a enemie agenda. we dont like committing suicide and I'm very good at what I do and this will not be America if they succeed....

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

woah there big thunder! Breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Now that you are calmed down, I am a conservative who like your self, does not like the current adminstration at all. But you posted a steaming turd and didn't bother to fact check it. I did. the going motto here is to Deny Ignorance and by doing that, we are not supposed to fly off the deep end about a post that isn't even true. In my first post I simply asked for your source in a link so I could read the article. Your condescending remarks after that pissed me off enough to post the truth about your article. You are in a den of wolves, try not to show up with a pork shop tied around your neck next time.

Have a nice day

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Senore~ ... I like you know how to kill something... make it less appealing... I did not write it.... I can not verify everything.... and as near as I can tell -- the word HOAX sort of doesnt hit home with this article... do you recall a gentalmen named Adolf Hitler... mon Furer... he made the Military swear allegance to him... and since Russia is calling Obama one of their own... Communist.... hummm are you sure its a hoax... Senore~

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If you didn't know that it was fake then just leave it at that. Don't try to make it sound as if it could be true.

You acknowledged that you wasn't able to verify it. Someone else has proved it to be false. Even a moderator said it was proved false 6 months ago.

Just say thank you to those who did the leg work for you and move on.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
but what if ..... its true .... check out the hoax.... it reads like a mud job.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

if this was true, it would boil my blood as I took that oath in 1990 when I joined the USAF. I still consider myself under that oath and will until my last breath has left my body. Don't get your panties in a wad over this though. No need. Trust me on this, if you let this thread go unchecked, you would have had it on the front page and a few others would have had a ball with your facts. The liberals treat Obama as he is the second coming of Christ. Have your guns loaded and your facts together and nothing will stop you. But fighting over your ego will not win any wars.

Have a nice day

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
but what if ..... its true .... check out the hoax.... it reads like a mud job.

What if all the rivers turned to jello?

6 months later and still no change to the oath and no change being mentioned.

Just say thank you and move on.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No one would go for this, its the exact same thing Germany dealt with.

You had to pledge an oath to obey hitler.

Too many people knows where this path leads.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
HOAX...

urbanlegends.about.com...

And if that doesn't satisfy, this should:

www.wnd.com...

Unless someone would like to claim that WND is covering for Obama...

I didn't think so... Thread move in 3... 2... 1...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is definitely a hoax, but the idea of pledging a loyalty oath to the office of the President is not much different than the present military service oath, which states:

"...I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States ... and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States"

The wording in the present oath is superior, because it explicitly states defending the Constitution.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

join