It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many of you are actually Aliens

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist

The Forer effect (also called personal validation fallacy or the Barnum Effect after P. T. Barnum's observation that "we've got something for everyone") is the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically for them, but are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people. The Forer effect can provide a partial explanation for the widespread acceptance of some beliefs and practices, such as astrology, fortune telling, and some types of personality tests. A related and more generic phenomenon effect is that of subjective validation.[1] Subjective validation occurs when two unrelated or even random events are perceived to be related because a belief, expectancy, or hypothesis demands a relationship. Thus people seek a correspondence between their perception of their personality and the contents of a horoscope.

Just my two cents. Flame away.

The actual definition of this effect might simply be an attempt for a person to explain something they see in society in others but not themselves, and instead of trying to recreate that in their own lives, they try to comprehend, but basically they can't because they are just missing the pieces at this time, however everything is subject to change based on personal experience.

So if this effect gives you confidence in your current belief, who am I to challenge it, but it does not speak to the validity or invalidity of either approach.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I like this topic for many reasons. I don't necessarily believe the conclusions or "signs". On the other hand I see no reason to discount the possibility. What intrigues me the most is the elevated emotional tone taken by ones who demand proof for a subjective thought sequence.

(Early on someone posted a link to scientific findings which attempt to prove that parts of our DNA do not originate on this planet. I'll leave it to you to find the link yourself it if you really want proof.)

Why bother to post on a thread that clearly disturbs your paradigm? Why insult people who are willing to open their minds? There is nothing in existence that is not open to speculation. Proof and facts are subjective.

Even in the law, proof is subjective, open to criticism and opposing "proof" is offered. The duty of the jury then is to compare "proofs" and decide among themselves which proof if the proofiest.

So far, in this very interesting subject nothing has been proven one way or the other. I'm not even asking for proof. Exploring ideas and possibilities is probably the most enlightening experience one can have.

I said early on in this thread that I've always felt/intuited/believed that the purpose of my life could be a training exercize for being a guardian angel after death. I can't prove how I feel or why I feel it. And I'm not swayed by anyone else's ideas whether for or against. But it is very interesting to read all of your comments and thoughts on the subject.

Many of you are acutally aliens. That statement causes some people to feel that their individual beliefs are threatened. Somehow, rather than allowing others to explore the idea, it is instead taken as a personal affront. I don't get it. I just don't understand how discussing the possibility of the statement can be so threatening.

People are different. People are imaginative. People require belief systems that are dependable and reliable. This topic seems to derail those long-held beliefs that support a person's idea of reality.

There is no proof available for many things we humans take for granted. And as far as the intellectually acceptable proof provided by science, it only holds weight because a majority of people believe in it because someone smarter than they said so, and other smart people backed them up.

Accepting someone else's proof is a form of ignorance in my opinion. I didn't accept that the planet is round because I discovered it for myself. I was taught that it is round and everyone believes it, so why question the obvious? What if the planet is actually oblong? Where would we be then. All proof gone out the window. Debates, graphs, mathematical caluculations, satellite projections would all become sources of proof to either substantiate or disprove my claim. Yet the shape of the planet does not care what you or I think. It just is what it is.

The possibility of humans possessing "alien" characteristics is fine with me. Perhaps aliens ARE trying to help. Perhaps not. Its subjective and open for debate since no proof is forthcoming.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I know I'm an alien and I don't care what anyone else thinks... I mean... look at my avatar for god's sake! If that won't convince you nothing will! Someone said to me the other day.. "IRM, you are out of this world man", and I knew at that very instant that what they said must be true! Then the day after, I wasn't feeling very well and another friend said, "IRM, you look a bit green around the gills"... and I thought, "Yeah... like a Martian!" Jeez! If that wasn't some major validation right there, nothing was! Then later that night, I kinda upset my girlfriend and she proceeded to throw china plates at me... and i was like "Yeah... flying saucers.. what is life trying to tell me?!!!" Coincidence? I think not!

IRM

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

That is the role of the Star Seed in my opinion, to be a catalyst, it would be impossible for them to hold us down, nor are they really trying to, we are not here to separate ourselves with the masses, for if I am one, yet to be determined, I would be here because I love humanity, and that love for humanity has nothing to do with being a Star Seed. We are simply here to remind people of their divine nature and to start respecting themselves before it is too late.

Oh, I liked this. Before we forget this isn't about how different people are. Of course people have many differences, here and throughout the galaxy. But we are all ONE! Those who are more awake, and the visitors themselves, are here to remind us of our natures, of the fact that everyone is on mission. We should seek answers within, through meditation, and report for active duty. Its not about running from this planet, but embracing and healing her. They are here to remind us and nudge us, and wake us up. With the all the abilities we possess, we surely can stop allowing a small handful of wolves and madmen to run this planet, we surely can bring balance and harmony back. Its just that we have forgotten who we are, and our missions.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

Fair enough. Just putting out there for some to consider.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist
reply to post by SoulOrb

I think what he is referring to is this:

The phrase "drank the Kool-Aid" came to describe any blind devotion to a cause or person.

www.npr.org...

Don't drink the kool-aid.

In other words, do not be a Jim Jones follower, following a "new Messianic figure" blindly.

A few words of advice, never ever follow someone, without thoroughly investigating their beliefs 100%. Don't be a Rainbow Family member.

Look at a few examples of people who did.

* Jonestown

...it is the largest such event in modern history and resulted in the largest single loss of American civilian life in a non-natural disaster until the events of September 11, 2001.

Was September 11th, a mental "Jonestown" on America, to blindly follow "mass-media"?

Charles Manson was of the same ilk as Jim Jones, just a different type.

* Polpot

* Adolph Hitler

All of these sociopathic individuals sought one thing, blind obediance, cooperation, and to make the world a "better place" somehow.

I happen to love kool-aid, but I'm the only one who fixes it, and I'm the only who drinks it.

I keep demanding people stop following me, and tell them as well they do it at their own peril, I may give them a job in politics. This usually makes them think because people avoid real life action within politics, unlike myself.

I have been called a Walking Wikipedia because I know a little bit of everything about almost everthing concerning Government, Military, and Law Enforcement, as well as Politics.

My friend, a self-proclaimed "psychic" and a former assistant to Law Enforcment told me that I would make a very good Serial Killer Interrogator, because nothing scares or phases me.

I read on a daily basis, about Law Enforcement issues, Government issues, Military issues, and almost every book I reference here with ATS, I own or borrowed from the library.

The pen is in fact mightier than the sword, for the man with the sword can pick up his sword and lead a contigent, but the man with a pen can pick it up, and lead the whole damn army.

I am no damn alien, I know I feel different and see everyone as alien, because I was born as a leader, charging headfirst out of my mother's womb, and my first words were "coup coup".

Most politicians, want to do away with what they term "useless eaters", but not I.

I want to do away with the "useless users" preying on society as a whole.

Stalkers, rapists, and pedophiles, are my political target. I always hit what I aim at.

I think Sandy Shaw's song, "Puppet on a String" says it all, about being a loving and devoted follower, on a string.

I seek no puppets, and hold no strings, all are welcome to come and go as they please.

I'm working on opening a non-profit, and anyone who's interested, can become a part of it, and if they chose to leave, I will assist them in opening their own non-profit or business, as a way to say thank you and farewell.

Stop The Stalkers

Read about my fight against stalkers here, since I was six years old.

Left-Wing, Right-Wing, This Turkey, Knows How To Soar Like An Eagle

Become a member of the Bully Pulpit, so you can debate me politically, if you do not choose membership in the Bully Pulpit, you can only read, and not post replies.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Diggity03

Hahaha! I also smoke, and i drink aswell.
Guess im not a starchild.
NEXT!

Peace!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I fit the profile for the "Starchild" - but I smoke like a chimney!

It regulats my metabolism and keeps me calm.

I joke I'm just "reproducing the atmosphere of my homeworld" for myself.

But seriously - I really think I am!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here is a question we have not discussed..
Assuming the abduction accounts are true.. and the hybrids exist..
Are the hybrids starseeds or do they have earthbound souls with alien dna?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hybrids have et souls. But all souls are et, just perhaps some have been here longer than others. They also have alot more et genetics. Thats one of the things I think about that counters 2012 disasters. There are many hybrids, here even. And many earth based ets here. Even in my area. Why would they be coming here in large numbers if the world was about to end through some terrible cosmic or nuclear tragedy?

Seems more like an upgrade.

Edit to add: But not all hybrids are earthbound. Many are for other planets. Such as other genisis projects. Also, you have to understand, some ets are billions of years ahead of us. There are stars billions of years older than our suns in this universe. They can hollow out entire astroids, and create inner water worlds that mimic our outer planet, the size of a US state.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Is this thread for real? I think we have all been had. Besides, for all of the points mentioned in the original thread, I believe there is a clinical term for it: Socially inept.

reply to post by SoulOrb

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Very good OP, Fox, am very glad to see all the response to it; perhaps this will stimulate more to look around and really see instead of blindly following the hounded dogma and programming force fed all from birth;

considering our planet is relatively young on the galactic scale of things timewise, and that the multi-verse is far older than we can imagine or comprehend, the supposition that most have et souls is very viable and,to me, it would be hard to imagine it any other way, since we are eternal travellers and i seriously doubt that our little ball of rock is the first stop that many have made on the long journey home.

kudos to all that have joined in and posted here, and may many more step forward and join the fun; it is time to wake up,people, we are all one people, all from the same original source, and all in the basket together;

to those who sole purpose appears to be to discredit or clamor for an end to this, yes, for you, in your limited perceptions of things, it is most likely impossible for you to comprehend being more than what you perceive, and even tho there is a very large amount of information and research available to read and study it is still judged not worthy of proof;
I submit to you that proof as called for is subjective and always debateable unless it is made of rock or steel, but to be wieghed and evaluatd in the eyes,heart, and mind of each individual.

again,kudos,SFM, good show.

seeker

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Thanks for posting this. It's funny how I'm reminded that my husband and I communicate through the power of suggestion---telepathically. So far it only works one way. I suggest something and he does it. Just yesterday we were driving and I suggeted he take the scenic way back home instead of the highway. He turned to me to ask me, "Did you just tell me to take the scenic way?" I just smiled. We've been married over 20 years and it first happened when we were dating. We get along great and we're always intuned to each other.
We have two kids but that's another story. Just wanted to thank you about this post as I've been a member who tends to lurk in the background. Despite the fact that I'm in the criminal justice arena, I can always tell who's evil, guilty or innocent I'm here to help the majority and send the rest straight to prison. I'm always right.
Thanks again

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
Very good OP, Fox, am very glad to see all the response to it; perhaps this will stimulate more to look around and really see instead of blindly following the hounded dogma and programming force fed all from birth

again,kudos,SFM, good show.

seeker

Thank you for your kindness, Seeker. Yes, it's time to awaken other Starpeople as well.

Originally posted by Exotic

Thanks for posting this. It's funny how I'm reminded that my husband and I communicate through the power of suggestion---telepathically.

I'm here to help the majority and send the rest straight to prison. I'm always right.
Thanks again

You are very welcome, Exotic. Glad it helped you.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing that. I find it very interesting. I have a few questions about this issue.

1. How many of the six creterion does one have to meet to be considered to be a starperson? I met 3 out of 6, am I a starperson?

2. If I am a starperson what about my mother and father? Are they starpeople as well? How does the genetic information of a starperson transfer from one generation to another?

3. What exactly is the ascension I've been hearing so much about? On what date or what time period is it supposed to occur?

4. If a child with ADHD were to get worse with a prescribed medication, the parents could hold the doctor responsible for malpractice.
But if a child with ADHD were to get worse because the parents beleived this information and withheld medication, who would be held responsible?

Thank you

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
its certainly interesting, especially to me as i tick the box for everything, even ADD and Asperges she mentions in the youtube links

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake
Thank you for sharing that. I find it very interesting. I have a few questions about this issue.

You are welcome, mandrake

1. How many of the six creterion does one have to meet to be considered to be a starperson? I met 3 out of 6, am I a starperson?

You don't have to be all 6, just a few is enough. When you feel deep in your heart that you are not from here, than you are a Starperson.

2. If I am a starperson what about my mother and father? Are they starpeople as well? How does the genetic information of a starperson transfer from one generation to another?

Most of the times, our Earth parents are not our Star Family.

3. What exactly is the ascension I've been hearing so much about? On what date or what time period is it supposed to occur?

Many say it's 2012. Many say it's sooner. None of us knows for sure, but it WILL happen. Here is a video to help you understand what it's all about.

4. If a child with ADHD were to get worse with a prescribed medication, the parents could hold the doctor responsible for malpractice. But if a child with ADHD were to get worse because the parents beleived this information and withheld medication, who would be held responsible?

Oh that one I cannot answer, because I don't have children myself. I hope that someone here among Starpeople on ATS can answer that question.

Peace,
Mulder

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

yes yes the angels genetically engineered us for their own selfish reasons but it was God ultimately who created us via the way he works by putting person A or person B in his pathway to fulfill his plan. these angels from nibiru are coming back, the fallen ones as well to deceive. do not be deceived it is not these angels that are our true fathers, they simply picked up mud and made a brick, but that mud belongs to God and it was God who created that mud. do not be deceived.... new age religion is in this thread and it is easy to fall astray due to the complexity of the matter at hand. we were made alittle lower than the angels...they live 500,000 years we live 1-110 ....but after our death we will shine as the brilliance of the sun, higher then the angels, for our destiny is greater and our work here harder, our test tougher, our reward bigger.

Do not be deceived Jesus, the one TRUE GOD gave his son for you and died on the cross, died on the cross because of the planet of crossing fulfilled the plan of God despite some of its "angels" evil schemes to use man as their slaves, once slaves who will be set free to be higher than these.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hey Mulder, you've always seemed a tad off to the bunch, but hey aren't we all? I dig the philosophy.

I wouldn't doubt my ethereal being isn't from this planet........ I mean hell, who in the right mind besides a human would want to land on this mass of dung tumbling through space besides someone who wants to make a difference? xD

good luck with the writing, Mulder, keep it coming you always give some food for thought

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join