posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:27 PM
1. The state or condition of being conscious.
2. A sense of one's personal or collective identity, including the attitudes, beliefs, and sensitivities held by or considered characteristic of an
individual or group.
3. Special awareness or sensitivity.
4. In psychoanalysis, the conscious.
5. The state of being conscious; knowledge of one's own existence, condition, sensations, mental operations, acts, etc.
6. Immediate knowledge or perception of the presence of any object, state, or sensation.
Can this issue be discussed within the frame work of humanity and without it being a discussion about God?
I'm looking for alternative theories on the subject, not a debate on religion.