It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Rampage in Philadelphia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by OKCBtard

Could you elaborate further? What about accepting all social networking circles except the ones that sponsor hate requires good luck? Or did you mean that I would need good luck finding a networking site that doesn't harbor hate and aggression?

I'm saying that a website which specifically, as its reason for being is designed for one racial grouping, then that promotes racial difference and accentuates notions of group identity politics and division- from this it is no giant leap that racially based nastiness may occur, fostered by misplaced notions of grievance.

Now it is a free country and I believe people should be allowed to join such sites, but I will not pretend it is anything other than a racist site

"OurSpace.com is an online social location that provides African Americans a superior way to connect with others whom share similar experiences and perspectives. OurSpace.com enables users to share pictures, video and music. As a member of OurSpace.com you'll notice that it is easy to make new friends through our secure online social environment. "

Holy poo, did you even read the last post on page 4? This website is a social networking website for black people, nothing more! Now if the people abuse its messaging ability to device a flash mob has nothing to do with the website as much as the users.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]
(Oh no! Anything but Mirthful me!)

[edit on 2-6-2009 by OKCBtard]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is pretty much what I see on my TV in the news everyday.
I can't even watch it anymore.

Philly is getting worse everyday but if people think Philly is bad they should go to Camden the news has even given up on Camden and doesn't even report about the insane things that happen there anymore, but Philly is becoming more and more like Camden everyday.
It's scary as I spend a lot of time in both places due to having medical problems and these places are where my doctors practice and the best places for medical treatment.
When I was in Philly and my mom was leaving really late after I was put in my room the police officer who walked my mom to her car told her to just go through the red lights and not stop for anyone.

It's really sad, and there are so many countless lives being lost ad most of them are the children who are paying for this.
This is a very deep rooted issues that goes beyond typical law enforcement problems and criminal behavior it's a culture/social issue that is being pretty much ignored, while they try to fix the superficial mess on the surface.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

In America, if you're a black american, you can pretty much forget about it. It's a life of hell because of the color of your skin.

Yeah, it's that simple. You hate black americans, so they hate you back. You started it, and you can finish it.

That's all I have to say.

I have to call complete BS on this.

I work with black Americans, they all have degrees, well paid jobs, and they love life.

There is however a vocal contigent of the black community who go around saying things like "you hate us all" as thinly veiled justification for events such as this one in Philadelphia.

You appear not to have noticed that Obama, a black man, could not have gained office were it not for the support of MILLIONS of white voters who put him into office.

That's right, millions of white people voted to put a black man in charge of them.

This huge "they hate us, so we can do anything because we're angry" comfort blanket that certain sectors of the black community have wrapped themselves in for so long came undone on the night of the election.

I'm afraid that you're just going to have to live with the fact that we actually quite like you, all we ask is that you start liking us back.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

You are so right in every thing you said. My question to anyone to everyone is how the heck do we change any of this????? While in the beginning of the Civil Rights era legislation was necessary for real change to occur, there is no way that the government can do a thing about this. I don't know who or how this is going to get solved and I have thought and studied and beat my brains into a wall trying to think of a way to "fix" this horrible thing in our society. I try to educate young people about this stuff, but how few people do we each really touch. Sorry for the rant here, but is there any solution that any of us can come up with????

My only response to the white general groups and black groups is we know our heritage, white people that is. I know my roots came from Ireland, England and Germany. Because of slavery they do not know if they are from the north, south, or what region of Africa that was stolen from them along with their freedom. Therefore as a group they have the only real kinship available to them.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Perhaps the Fresh Prince is behind these riots

Nah this sort of thing is happening worldwide regardless of colour, teens these days are a bunch of douchebags with no respect for man nor beast. I am sayign this and I am only 29 however the younger generation I see coming up would rob an old woman rather than hold the door for her. Bring back the draft send these punks to helmand province and see how butch they really are, all these characters are good for is cannon fodder

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

"OurSpace.com is an online social location that provides African Americans a superior way to connect with others whom share similar experiences and perspectives. OurSpace.com enables users to share pictures, video and music. As a member of OurSpace.com you'll notice that it is easy to make new friends through our secure online social environment. "

Holy poo, did you even read the last post on page 4? This website is a social networking website for black people, nothing more! Now if the people abuse its messaging ability to device a flash mob has nothing to do with the website as much as the users.

Correct it is a racially based website set up for once particular race- a racist website

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Correct it is a racially based website set up for once particular race- a racist website

You really didn't read that post did you? I clearly stated that while the website may be directed to the African American community, white people ARE allowed to join. There just aren't that many on the website. Keep in mind I have an account on the website, I am white. A website can not be racist, there may be racist people on the website, but the website itself is still just a social networking site directed towards black people. Now wether or not the mob of "teens" that formed and went on a rampage was race related, we still do not know. Until they catch one of the little #s we may never know.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Perhaps the Fresh Prince is behind these riots

Nah this sort of thing is happening worldwide regardless of colour, teens these days are a bunch of douchebags with no respect for man nor beast. I am sayign this and I am only 29 however the younger generation I see coming up would rob an old woman rather than hold the door for her. Bring back the draft send these punks to helmand province and see how butch they really are, all these characters are good for is cannon fodder

Now that is something for us to think about, we do tend to make everything about race here. Kids are very different now and I am 51 so I have seen kids really change over my short life time, I cannot imagine how this seems to a person 15-20 years older than myself. We have raised a very spoiled and lazy generation, their toys play for them for god's sake, they don't even have to think to play so what can we really expect from them. Sad really.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious[/i

Oh, great! Now the ATS Klan sub community is trying to make their come back.
And who else to start it, other than good ole Atlanta. Still, again, don't know what they're doing in Atlanta, but I sure don't plan to go there.

It's great that ATS has a lot of international folks, so that other countries can see the bitter hatred that exists in America. Even black americans hate black americans. In America, if you're a black american, you can pretty much forget about it. It's a life of hell because of the color of your skin.

You said it. From your keyboard to our eyes.

A black man is president. THANKS TO MILLIONS OF WHITE PEOPLE.

Blacks are promoted and hired ahead of whites regardless of their lack of qualifications to be hired or promoted. It is done simply because of their skin color.

Government benefits are handed out to millions of blacks based on skin color.

Blacks are given opportunities for advanced education based solely on their color.

SOUNDS LIKE HELL TO ME. But you are right about one thing. (STUPID, IGNORANT, DRUG ADDICTED) black Americans are angry. Those black Americans who have taken advantage of the opportunities to advance through education and hard work instead of PIMPING,MAKING EXCUSES, AND DEALING DRUGS are now running America and it's businesses, military, and schools. Those blacks who did not work to improve themselves are just angry.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by groingrinder] please fix the code that causes the tags to not work

[edit on 6-2-2009 by groingrinder] please fix the code that causes the tags to not work

[edit on 6-2-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No one is implying that the site ITSELF condones violent activities. The whole point is these "youths" that appear to belong to a couple of local schools are USING that site to organize these mob groups.

An even bigger point is if these kids are using the internet to organize their group they apparently are NOT poverty stricken inner city kids that can't help it because poverty and a lack of education makes them do these things. That is the standard excuse for their violent activity, and it doesn't work in this case so instead people just say "how is it racist?"

Originally posted by OKCBtard I clearly stated that while the website may be directed to the African American community, white people ARE allowed to join.

LOL....black people are allowed to join StormFront too. It is the internet, virtually anyone can join any site they like if it is a large commercial site that caters to open registration.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

No one is implying that the site ITSELF condones violent activities. The whole point is these "youths" that appear to belong to a couple of local schools are USING that site to organize these mob groups.

An even bigger point is if these kids are using the internet to organize their group they apparently are NOT poverty stricken inner city kids that can't help it because poverty and a lack of education makes them do these things. That is the standard excuse for their violent activity, and it doesn't work in this case so instead people just say "how is it racist?"

The site in which these events were organized on doesn't really matter to me. It was just when someone said the website was racist when I posted my explanation as to why it was not. Once again the site is irrelevant.

I personally do not see poverty as an excuse for acting like an animal, maybe lack of education or counseling, but not poverty. While they may have used the internet and computers to organize these events, that is not to say they are not poverty stricken. As I said before we have to get ahold of one of these thugs and interogate them before we start assuming we know all there is to the story. Also I am not totally convinced that this sudden outburst of rage was race related nor am I convinced that the woman just cassually got out of the car when surrounded by hooligans. I think there is definatly more to the story.

Also comparing the ability for blacks to join stormfront, an openly racist and hate driven site, to that of white people joining an african american social networking site is the equivalent to comparing apples to oranges.
Now say if ourspace had done nothing but drudge through news articles to demonize white people, then the comparison would be valid.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

on one hand you're trying to say the site itself doesn't condone violent activities and on the other hand you're saying that because it was used to organise the group the group must have been racist?
have i missed something?
if the site promotes racism then it must condone racism, which is violent by nature.

[edit on 2/6/09 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
we wont report their last names but hey the girls mother will glady give you hers. stupid reporters. and stupid kids. whos masterminding this? cant be just 1 or 2 kids gettin huge amounts of kids, has to be someone older.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
cant be just 1 or 2 kids gettin huge amounts of kids, has to be someone older.

i really don't think it requires a whole lot of organisational skill to get a few teens riled up for random acts of oafishness.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by Myendica
cant be just 1 or 2 kids gettin huge amounts of kids, has to be someone older.

i really don't think it requires a whole lot of organisational skill to get a few teens riled up for random acts of oafishness.

Indeed! Reminds me of a clock work orange or Eden Lake. Sometimes angry groups of youth express themselves in ways that are either violent or irrational.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

as the proud parent of a 14 year old boy, i can honestly say that what would be required for him to behave in this manner would be a little pressure from his friends and the belief that he could get away with it.

he's a good kid, average, bought up well by parents that are interested. no poverty or hardship, not too spoilt, really no reason to be thuggish other than an overabundance of testosterone and energy.

it doesn't take much for a 13/14/15 year old kid, of any race, to express themselves violently or irrationally. it doesn't take much for adults either, for that matter.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for nap time to be over so all the kids proclaiming, "RACISM!" can come back out to play. It is almost safe to say that the attacks or frustration vented was not race related and until someone comes fourth with some evidence to the contrary, I will be forever inclined to dismiss this as some urban youth rebellion. In fact I wouldn't give it too much thought had anyone not been hurt. But of course when surrounded by a bunch of angry car pounding, chip bag throwing thugs, who doesn't want to get out of the car and confront them? That part of the story to me is stil suspect.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is nothing new parts of South Philly have a long history of race riots, and they always jump off in the summer. As my dad says when it gets hot its riot weather all you can do is hope it rains.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Time for the police to:
A) Join the "ourspace.com" website undercover
B) Wait for next mob to coordinate attack
C) Round up the mob using all the latest technology:
Active Denial System
Sound Wave Cannons
The Taser Shockwave

I used to be against these "riot control" technologies out of general principle. However, this latest demonstration of general anarchy calls for a forceful full level response by the authorities, based on that same general principle.

If we're gonna do this, then let's git 'er done.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by harrytuttle]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Besy post ever

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join