It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Rampage in Philadelphia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Teens Rampage in Philadelphia

abclocal.go.com

SOUTH PHILADELPHIA  June 1, 2009 (WPVI) -- For the second weekend in a row, teenagers attacked both people and property, causing a lot of damage to both. Police say word spread online for the teenagers to mass in the street.

Nick and his girlfriend Susanne were in a Jeep, stopped at the light on Broad Street.

"Laying in that bed in the hospital thankful that I'm breathing, I'm alive," said Nick.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Sonya610]

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Interesting new phenomena. Apparently the social networking site www.ourspace.com (The leading social networking site for African Americans) is being used to organize these small riots. Two weekends in a row too! I wonder if this will catch on in other parts of the country.

These rampaging "teens" are linked to the local Jr. High School and an online social networking site? Last time I checked the poverty stricken were NOT hanging out on social networking sites, so I guess the old standby excuse of poverty and oppression won't play out so well this time around.

Imagine the inverse; groups of white teenagers organizing online to trash stores, carjack, and attack lone black couples based on their race. Would that story be buried by the MSN too? Not likely! It would probably make the national news and there could easily be hate crime charges pressed. We could expect the victims and the NAACP to be granting interviews, making statements, and turning this into a huge national media event.

The news video is better than the article.

abclocal.go.com

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Remember flash mobs?
These were an excelllent version of this stupidity.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yes I remember flash mobs. I remember them playing stupid pranks, I do NOT remember them beating people nearly to death. Were they doing that as well? Or do you think pillaging and carjacking and beatings are the same as pretending to faint at the site of a giant toy dinosaur?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Interesting new phenomena. Apparently the social networking site www.ourspace.com (The leading social networking site for African Americans) is being used to organize these small riots. Two weekends in a row too! I wonder if this will catch on in other parts of the country.

These rampaging "teens" are linked to the local Jr. High School and an online social networking site? Last time I checked the poverty stricken were NOT hanging out on social networking sites, so I guess the old standby excuse of poverty and oppression won't play out so well this time around.

Imagine the inverse; groups of white teenagers organizing online to trash stores, carjack, and attack lone black couples based on their race. Would that story be buried by the MSN too? Not likely! It would probably make the national news and there could easily be hate crime charges pressed. We could expect the victims and the NAACP to be granting interviews, making statements, and turning this into a huge national media event.

The news video is better than the article.

abclocal.go.com

totally correct, and all those left wing "REVERENDS" who make a living out of race would be organising protests- verminous filth that they are.

More to the point, blacks have their OWN social networking site?!?!?

That isn't racist much then

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yes I remember flash mobs. I remember them playing stupid pranks, I do NOT remember them beating people nearly to death. Were they doing that as well? Or do you think pillaging and carjacking and beatings are the same as pretending to faint at the site of a giant toy dinosaur?

indeed, bizarre analogy from the poster, and I doubt the "flash mobs" were racially organised

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
BROAD STREET

The middle part of South Broad street is a rough neighborhood.
I don't even go there during the day let alone after dark.
At the very S. end of S. Broad are the sports stadiums.
At the very N. end of S. Broad is the theatre district.
In between ... it's nasty.

N. Broad .... eeeeeeeeek!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This sounds great, not the idea of a mob of teenagers getting together to trash everything and everyone, but the fact that through social networking word can be spread and groups formed and something like this (but on a peaceful level) can be arranged and carried out.

Now if only these people would start promoting an uprising against the facist control of this planet worldwide. Maybe that would make the news channels stand up.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
More to the point, blacks have their OWN social networking site?!?!?

That isn't racist much then

Better yet if youths were meeting on a "Leading social networking site for White Americans" and that lead to violent assaults on other races.

My god can you even imagine? LOL.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is what happens when people let Political correctness and other NEW moronic philosophies we are dealing with run their lives and program their thinking.

Growing up in Brooklyn Ny this sort of thing was a weekly occurrence for me and in Brooklyn lol, it could be ANY group of people doing it...

Walking home was asking for it... different group of thugs on every corner, and driving could still lead to this sort of thing (particularly pre-giulliani)

There is a simple solution

Carry weapons, Your car is your best weapon

I have on several occasions simply driven right through people...

You didn't often see... Car jackings, and never saw LA style riots in my neck of the woods...

The people, particularly the White People... simply weren't raised to be giant sissies as they now are across much of America...

This would for me... have been a FUN instance, like bowling with a V6

I'm not saying kill anyone... or even grievously harm them... you want to avoid the cops

But when this happens to a person driving a 2 ton vehicle, I have to say

"they deserve it for being retarded"

This chick didn't even follow the roll up your windows and lock your door method when driving through a rotten neighborhood (yes, I do so around certain trailer parks too... let me live brothers who read this, not bagging, parts of china town got the mandatory lock up too so did many Caucasian blocks)

But this girl... so pc, she didn't not lock her doors and roll up her windows.... she got out of the car to "talk to" rowdy teens? ANY rowdy teens?

Sorry but rowdy teens of any markings are disposable in my book...

"It would be racist to African Americans to roll up my window"

LOL

This young woman obviously never had any African American friends because if she did...they'd have told her where to roll up her windows or around who and what types of characters to do so

Seriously

Mopus vindictus survival guide to the inner city

1: Roll up your windows

2: Lock your g-d damned door

3: stay in your damn car

4: learn how to do a doughnut when surrounded

5: understand that the body damage a human does to your car when you hit them is less in cost than the damage to your face if you get ouit of your car

6: Use your gas pedal

7: Discover how fun and exciting it is to watch a punk roll over your hood at lets say...30 MPH to be humanistic about it

8: resist the temptation to back up over them... the cops will come and you will be busted

9: Don't post the cell photos of the vehicular assault on a social network like these youths or you will also AS THEY WILL.... get busted

10: know how to pull dings and get blood off your car before hand... be prepared to change your tires and dispose of them for forensic reasons... if you screech out particularly they can prove it was your car

Life is so simple when you follow your natural instincts instead of being brainwashed into behaviors by the media

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Very good points!!! And yes the girl was clueless, she will not likely make that mistake again. But perhaps that is also the fault of the MSN. If they broadcast stories and videos of these things then people would not be so CLUELESS when it happens to them.

Reminds me of this vintage video of a Juneteeth Festival, if more people were aware of this sort of assault they would be MORE CAREFUL when surrounded by mobs of excitable "teens".

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Imagine the inverse; groups of white teenagers organizing online to trash stores, carjack, and attack lone black couples based on their race. Would that story be buried by the MSN too?

as far as i can tell, the only evidence you have for race being a factor in any way is the fact that the riot was organised on "the leading african american social networking site". where do you see evidence of racism in that?

you don't present any evidence of racism but you suggest it as fact, emotively. i'm left with the impression that you're just spinning the story to push an agenda.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

WARRIORS!!!! COME OUT AND PLAAAAYYYYYY *thud* UGH!

Ahh...gang bowling...I can dig it

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Dead right man, too many pussies.
Getting out of your car to talk to them, what an idiot.
I definately would've hit them with my car, no problems with that whatsoever. And it's self defence anyway.
If I was out 'lookin for trouble', like these teens were, and I was gonna bash the hell out of some couple in their car, and they ran me over, I would 'suck it up', I'd understand that I derserved it. I'd have paid the price for my actions and I probably wouldn't do it again.
That's why I'd hit teens with my car. To teach them a lesson, don't gather in crowds and get violent.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Its almost like the black community wants some kind of aparthied. I certainly wouldn't want black people living near me if they were actually going to create their own racially-based online communities and then use them as a mustering point to go out and wreck havoc on the unsuspecting people around them.

How utterly dreadful and backwards.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by piemanas far as i can tell, the only evidence you have for race being a factor in any way is the fact that the riot was organised on "the leading african american social networking site". where do you see evidence of racism in that?

you don't present any evidence of racism but you suggest it as fact, emotively. i'm left with the impression that you're just spinning the story to push an agenda.

if you want to be peter pedantic, use of that networking site automatically denotes racist behaviour as it is a social networking site specifically for one race.

I am left with the impression that you are just trying to deflect the racial aspect of this story

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Its almost like the black community wants some kind of aparthied. I certainly wouldn't want black people living near me if they were actually going to create their own racially-based online communities and then use them as a mustering point to go out and wreck havoc on the unsuspecting people around them.

How utterly dreadful and backwards.

very much so

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

What's with all the racist arguements? How is this, in any way, a racist event? A group of 'teens' was the story, not a group of 'blacks'.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Lol, sound advice.

When allied with the fact that I am a 20stone, (280 pounds to my colonial friends, lol) skinhead with the apparent appearance of a phsychotic lunatic when angered has always stood me in good stead.

You got to be prepared to do what's necessary to survive, pretty simple really.

However, none of this address the core issue of non-white's using social network's to organise racially motivated assaults and violence.

If this had happened in the UK then the PC brigade would have come out in their defence and turned it around so that it was a justifiable expression of their disaffection with the inherent racist society and as such it is all my fault!!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Too true brother. Same thing would, and has, happened here in New Zealand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join