It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA plans launch invitations to Twittering media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

NASA plans launch invitations to Twittering media

www.reuters.com

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (Reuters) - NASA, which has tiptoed into the new world of social media with Twittering astronauts and Facebooking rovers, is taking the next step with an invitation-only outreach to "the twedia" to cover a space shuttle launch.

There are so many details to work out that the so-called TweetUp, originally planned for next week's launch of space shuttle Endeavour, has been rescheduled for the August flight of shuttle Discovery, said Michael Cabbage, a spokesman for the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This looks very interesting. Are NASA opening up in any way?

It would fantastic if ATS could get involved in this somehow.

It also demonstrates how new media seems to being embraced by the 'establishment' to a point. I think this could be a particularly good oportunity to get up close to NASA and speak to them about the anomalies that pop up on every STS mission.

ATS is a twittering media outlet. As such, we could possibly get there - get asking the questions of NASA that others simply won't ask.

I think that this is a good move from NASA, although, to be honest, part of me is thinking that they may have some agenda - like keeping the bloggers and microbloggers away from the rest of the media.

What do you think guys? A potential good idea here for sites like ATS, or a publicity stunt?

I think we have a good opp here.

Peace,

MGGG

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join