It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos from inside a Prince Hall Masonic lodge in North Carolina

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by lee anoma

I can see where this thread would be confusing. I will try to explain it to you from what I understand. The OP thought that by showing the pictures of this lodge (which was posted on their web site) he was showing that Masons treated Prince Hall masons poorly. When in reality each lodge is responsible for their own respective building. Much like the lions club, Ruitans, Woodmen of the World, or any other organization that collectively owns property. I suspect the OP is of African dissent, and caries a chip on his/her shoulders, and also has a warped idea of masons in general.

If I am wrong on any of my assumptions, please feel free to set me straight.

If a lodge from any town needed help with a project, they would need only ask a fellow lodge and there should be ample help available. That is kind of the idea of masonry. There are lodges in the south and other areas, where the old mindset of racism still exists in some members. (masons are people, and not all of them are super smart) But this racist mindset is in direct conflict of the basic principals of masonry. Where men are to be judged by their internal qualities and not the external. IE hypocrites.

So in conclusion, The masons in the lodge presented by the OP are proud masons and have every right to be proud of what and who they are. Racism is stupid/racist people are stupid, and masons are good people trying to be better people as a whole.
Thanks,

Mike

So there is something wrong with being "of African dissent [sic]." I see now that our true colors are starting to show.

Instead of waiting on people to beg, it would be better for Freemasons to seek out those who could use some help. That would be a more genuine gesture of "relief" and "charity" ... or maybe they think of themselves as god-like entities who answer people's prayers?

What are you talking about? I dont pick anything up as racist from his post at all if thats what you are implying. I've noticed from your posts on here you really dont understand freemasons and refuse to listen to anything. So what is the point of even posting?

As far as racism in masonry, it goes both ways. There are certain prince hall lodges (not mine) that refuse recognition because they consider it submitting to the "white man" or something. I don't consider these people real masons. And once again, my lodge isnt one of those lodges.

And prince hall masons arent treated bad or anything as far as I know. We are proud to be prince hall masons. I've recently met brothers who arent prince hall, they visited our lodge, they were all great guys and treated us with the utmost respect. We are visiting their lodge next month.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Sorry that I'm just checking out this post, but if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the lodge website, you'll see a picture of the 5 pointed star turned to represent the Goat's Head. I read all postings, but didn't see anyone commenting on this or explaining why it exists on this webpage >>> unless Masons truly do the Devil's work.
Watch ~ the symbol will be removed now that I mentioned this. Oops!

I didnt check the website because my net is really slow. But its probably the O.E.S symbol. Nothing to do with satan. My wife is a member of OES and shes christian and pretty religious, but not the preachy type. Yeah donating to charities and helping people is really the devils work. lol.

If its not the oes symbol it could be anything, but I doudt it has to do with satan. The pentagram, and even the inverted pentagram means many things to many different people. I may be wrong but I believe it only became satanic when that guy from the 60s came up with the church of satan. I cant remember his name. Freemasonry has nothing to do with "the church of satan". And I'm pretty sure no masons follow that guy wahtever his name is. I believe people in the church of satan believe in no god, that goes against what freemasonry is all about. A huge amount of masons are christians and some are of other big religions and some are just spiritual.

And I doubt itll get deleted. I doubt anyone here is affiliated with that lodge. lol conspiracies are funny sometimes.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

You mean this:

That's the symbol for the Order of the Easter Star, which I believe is a representation of the Star that shined over Bethlehem when Jesus was born.

Yes, there going to delete the symbol because little old you just outed their big secret.

Here is a link for OES clipart.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Beaufort is an exceptionally historic town with a lot of history. Black Beard the Pirate died off one of the barrier islands that are near there. It is also not too well off. The houses do look like that in the historic district and if you go down the back roads, back behind the "good part", some of the houses rival Nassau, Bahamas in term of poverty strickenness. There is an underbelly of poverty there that maybe the average tourist won't see. But there is also wondrous beauty there.

Sit on the dock and look across at the islands. Go a little down the road and visit Cedar Island. Wonderful area of the country.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
I went to Silver City, ID, this last Saturday and took part in the Annual Homecoming. Silver City is in the southern mountains of Idaho and the Lodge cannot meet there every month due to the weather, environment, and location. It is a very old building and is currently being renovated.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by KSigMason]

I think that building looks awesome. I like "oldschool" type wooden buildings. I like the background too. I wish I my lodge was like that. We are in the middle of a city which is bland and industrial with factories and such.

I like nature

Cool pic.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hi i am new to ATS and was browsing can someone tell me what prince hall Freemasonry is exactly?

Thanks in Advance

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by adama1

Hey, Adama.
Welcome to the site.

I am a prince hall mason. It started in 1775 when black people couldnt be masons in the us. A man named Prince Hall and a few others were made master masons. He started his own lodge. Basically its just the lodges that a lot of black people choose to join. We do everything the same as other masons. Most lodges are chartered and recognized. Although there are prince hall grand lodges too. I believe we are recognized in about 80 percent of the us. We are recognized in my state which is California.

And we dont exclusively only do stuff with prince hall masons. Brothers who arent prince hall masons visit my lodge often and we visit their lodges.

Hope that helped.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Good stuff Brother, Sorry to hear the Brotherhood took so long to be inclusive in USA, the temple building looks grand nice and cosy all the best.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

The pentagram was used as an occult symbol by Agrippa, who lived almost 200 years before the formation of the Grand Lodge of England. The pentagram surrounded by a circle (which is how the emblem for the OES appears) is universally regarded as occult.

Nice how so-called "philosophically-minded, free-thinking" Masons mention that some members of OES are Christian, which is a logical fallacy.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by adama1

It was a "seperate but equal" Masonic lodge that was created in the 1700's so that White Masons wouldn't have to sit with Black Masons. When Prince Hall Freemasonry first started, the members were forbidden from learning the degrees until several years later. It only makes you wonder.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Nice how so-called "philosophically-minded, free-thinking" Masons mention that some members of OES are Christian, which is a logical fallacy.

How is it a logical fallacy? I was baptized Christian and I'm a Freemason? I still follow the teachings of Christ? Who are you to tell someone else what they are or are not?

I gave a logical answer to the question and you just brush it aside because you don't want to believe it.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

It's a fallacy of distribution. In other words, you are saying that OES is good/bad because Christians are good/bad people.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

I Don't think you mean to come off as a troll, buy guess what? The OES is a bunch of ladies and some men doing the same thing any other group is doing. Planing fund raisers, meals, sharing each others company. In my area they are all old ladies. My mother in law is in it. The star is supposed to have to do with women from the bible and apparently the teachings are based around Jesus Christ. I am not a member so I can't possibly think I really know what goes on inside their meetings. They probably have races on their hover-rounds.

Here is some help for you in the future. You don't know everything, and you might be wrong about your preconceived notions dealing with masonry and it's components. When you go out in public and state the way you think, those who know will think you an idiot and probably not pay you any attention. And sadly, you seem intelligent. It's a shame to waste all the energy on a lie.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yep, and mentioning "women," "old ladies," and kids who think it's cool is also a fallacy of distribution.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

I'm not saying it's good, bad, or indifferent. I'm just saying OES's symbols have Christian meanings.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

reply to post by network dude

Yep, and mentioning "women," "old ladies," and kids who think it's cool is also a fallacy of distribution.

You will need to explain that one.

You see, I know people who are in the Eastern Star, I know a little about some of their symbols. But I have no idea what you just said.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There was an earthquake in Beaufort last week. Just sayin.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

although this isn't really on topic, I just read about one in Charleston SC yesterday or this morning. I hope the eastern coast doesn't fall off into the ocean. We have been joking about that happening to CA for years. Irony is cruel.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The masonic lodge is in Beaufort where the earthquake was.
But it's interesting that Kentucky also has a tremor lately too, horse country.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
...I just read about one in Charleston SC yesterday or this morning. I hope the eastern coast doesn't fall off into the ocean.

Maybe if you forwarded your Reptilian Overlord monthly tithe to me more promptly I would not be forced to use HAARP on you again.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join