It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos from inside a Prince Hall Masonic lodge in North Carolina

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Read a little further and I now see some people have volunteered to help this lodge.
I just wanted to point out that this would be a generous act.

Kudos.

Was that what this thread was about?
I just don't get it.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kayne1982
Just wondering where the chequered flooring is for the rituals?

Checkered floors, or pavement, is prevelant mostly in United Kingdom lodges and not seen as much in lodges here in the United States.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kayne1982

The checkered floor is emblematical of human life, checkered with good and evil.

reply to post by lee anoma

lol...that was good.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

It seems to me that one angle of this thread has been missed, and it may be instructive. The Brothers of this Lodge posted the pictures on their website. It follows that, although it may be a bit more humble than many of us would like to see, or that we see in our own Lodges, they are proud of what they have. I expect that they see a greater need to spend their time and money on others, than for themselves, which is both admirable, and in line with the teachings of our Fraternity. That they are proud of what they have is a lesson in itself. Truly, if more people were thankful and proud of the bounty that has been conferred upon them, rather than focusing on ratcheting one's 'things' up another notch, wouldn't many more find more happiness and satisfaction?

Just a thought for consideration

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Checkered floors, or pavement, is prevelant mostly in United Kingdom lodges and not seen as much in lodges here in the United States.

Here in the southern USA, a great many, if not most, Lodges have the checkered mosaic pavement, and it is technically the regulation form.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I stand corrected. All of the lodges I have visited in the North (over 25), with the execption of one, did not have this feature. I would like to see our lodge install something similar as I think it adds a more formal air to the degrees.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Don't know about you guys but if I was part of a secret cabal working in cahoots with the Illuminati to control the world I'd at least cough up the funds to meet somewhere tastefully decorated, say, the local Holiday Inn conference room. I've been to a few Masonic lodges in my time, all of them have been dumps. Welcome to the world of the struggling "benefic" organization!

What is really sad is how decrepit your average VA hospital or VFW is, that is just disgraceful.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by electricthought

That's called "trespassing," it is not Disneyland! Why did you go there?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

You are correct, the death knell came a few decades ago when chapters
began having public membership drives like they do here. So much for selective societies!

One of the chapters here even rents a booth at the county fair and gives out literature packets, they gave me a whole mess of stuff in April and I am a woman. No, I did not join!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by electricthought

Were you trespassing?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Don't know about you guys but if I was part of a secret cabal working in cahoots with the Illuminati to control the world I'd at least cough up the funds to meet somewhere tastefully decorated, say, the local Holiday Inn conference room. I've been to a few Masonic lodges in my time, all of them have been dumps.
See! Further proof that the Masons are NOT part of a secret cabal working in cahoots with the Illuminati to control the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Here are a few of the pics of My Lodge that I said I would upload. I apologize in advance the pictures are kind of blurry because they were taken with my camera phone. Oh, and I forgot to get a pic of the kitchen. This is my first time posting pics, so bare with me.

Front Of the Lodge

Lodge Floor East
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Lodge Floor West

Lodge Floor Center

Just Outside of Lodge Room

Downstairs, Some Brethren enjoying Repast

Me, as newly installed Tyler

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Level_Head]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Level_Head

Nice job on the pics. Your lodge has a nice floor in it. Yours uses three lights instead of three burning tapers? Is yours F&AM of AF&AM?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Now just hold on there a sec.

Everyone knows masons control the foreign exchange market. In fact, they control it so well, they can draw pictures with it that are understandable to other masons who can then place buy and sell orders for their profit.

As evidence, see the screen shot of a monthly market below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb5e0d030201.gif[/atsimg]

This is for the forex security gbp/usd commonly known as "cable" - another mason symbol am I right?

Huh? YESSS!

[disclaimer: this post is put at the end of a mason discussion where few will see it rather than starting a thread about mason codes in forex charts because actually I think the masons are great and they do a fantastic job, i.e. don't kill me pleeeeeeeeeeze!]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Level_Head

Nice job on the pics. Your lodge has a nice floor in it. Yours uses three lights instead of three burning tapers? Is yours F&AM of AF&AM?

We are F&AM. Yes we use lights instead, I guess they are just easier and less dangerous.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

could you get me on the list to receive inside tips? My lodge never conveyed that info to me. I have not had time to take over the stock market as we have been so busy with world domination and junk. Gota feed the goat. thanks.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have never been in a Lodge that used anything but electric lights for the TBT's. I am GL of NC AF&AM.

As for the 'Mason's control the market' foolishness, someone may want to pass that along to all of the Charities, to include the Shrine Hospitals, that are facing serious losses in funds. I would like to get that memo as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

Psst, it's a joke mate. Undermind's just making funny.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by lee anoma

lol...that was good.

It was?
Okay.

Still not sure I understand this thread but if it's to show that not all Masonic lodges are immaculate, luxurious temples then mission accomplished.

That lodge is run down for sure, but according to the site, the members aren't about its appearance. Perhaps it doesn't matter.

I don't know much about Masons so I have no idea what goes on in a lodge.

- Lee

EDIT grammar.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by lee anoma]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

we use candles. I thought everyone did. But we have a few other things that apparently are out of the norm. (we dress casually) That is why I love this place. I am always learning new things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join