It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea deploys Warship to Nkorea maritime border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

South Korea's navy deployed a high-speed patrol boat armed with guided missiles close to the country's tense maritime border with North Korea today, vowing to "punish" any attacking forces.

The move comes after reports the North had stepped up military drills in the area after threatening a military strike on the South.

"Compared with North Korean boats, the Yoon Young-ha is armed with overwhelming fire power."

The South's navy will "punish immediately" any North Korean forces attempting provocative acts in the area, he said.

'emphasis mine'

What a good chess move.

Position our men on our side, but close enough for North Korea to attack, if indeed their intentions are hostile.

The deployment comes amid high tensions with the North, which has reportedly been using high-speed boats for landing exercises near the western border - twice the site of deadly naval clashes since 1999.

Thats concerning, are they training? or just putting on a side show?

www.watoday.com.au...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What will the response of the north be to this recent action ?

The issue of North Korea seems very different this time around , not what I have grown accustomed to in past dealings with NK .

As much as I hope this all blows over in a week or so , I have a lingering feeling that it won't .

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hey All,

Makes sense to me. The South Koreans have a lot of faith in their naval forces, and by all sounds of it the North Koreans wouldn't have a chance against them.

On the mainland I'm sure the South Koreans have adequate cover from some kind of short / medium range missile to protect their fleet. It does feel like real life chess sometimes... Your move North Korea.

Shane

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Heres the lastest:

news.yahoo.com...

Supposedly the north is trying to provoke a responce and entered the waters to the south.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Heres the lastest:

news.yahoo.com...

Supposedly the north is trying to provoke a responce and entered the waters to the south.

Now that I'm not surprised at.

I have heard rumors, seen documentaries and the such that claim NK has a very large submarine fleet any truth to that at all?

If so it could make for a very hairy situation for SK in this particular case although I'm sure the US does also in the area.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This might be the reason.
"NKorea violates SKorean waters amid high tension"

SEOUL, South Korea – South Korea said a North Korean patrol boat entered its waters around their disputed maritime border Thursday but backed off after nearly an hour following repeated warnings. A senior American diplomat meanwhile cautioned Pyongyang that its bad behavior would no longer be rewarded.

Yahoo news

new topics

top topics

join