It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim kills U.S soldier...in Arkansas !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – A man with "political and religious motives" killed a soldier just out of basic training and wounded another Monday in a targeted attack on a military recruiting center, police said. The shootings were not believed to be part of a broader scheme.

Though they also confirm that he did it out of religious belief:

Muhammad had converted to Islam at some point in his life and interviews with police show he "probably had political and religious motives for the attack," the police chief said.

Full article

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
He was an american muslim i'm assuming? People kill each other all the time in this country..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lighter78

That is unfortunately very true but he killed for religion, not for their wallets..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is a sad story, i feel for the family of the soldier. Seems many things are blamed on religion. Hope this doesnt turn into a more rascist story

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by artvandalay

I am assuming this is the first time you have ever read the news.

What you should be asking yourself is why the MSM thought it fit to mention the guys religion.

Could it be to spread hatred?

Hey...it worked.

BTW...i am a Muslim. Care to accuse me to my internet face that i am a potential murderer?

[edit on Mon Jun 1st 2009 by geek101]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

So because it is mentioned in the news it is "to spread the hate" ?
Are you a victim?
Do you feel attacked everyday by the media because you are a Muslim?

BTW...i am a Muslim. Care to accuse me to my internet face that i am a potential murderer?

What does it mean? You like to stir up things? You want to attract people's sympathy by becoming a victim of my "islamophobia"....that is a very muslim strategy..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
GUYS STOP NOW!

Stop Bashing Christians! Regarding the Murder of Abortionist.

Read this thread, and see the hipocrossy you are commiting. Read it, and understand you are being very bias on this.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
They came to that conclusion after an interview with the suspect. They didn't pull that statement out of their butts.

They also said that this wasn't part of a bigger plot. Doesn't sound to me as if they are building this up to be bigger then what it is.

Of course most here will ignore that part of the article, if they read it at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

[edit on Mon Jun 1st 2009 by geek101]

Trust and respect are both earned, not automatically bestowed at birth. Since none of us really knows you, how about we just wait awhile before passing judgment? Meanwhile, try to stay out of the news over there in London, OK?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I'm not buying

So Carlos Bledsoe 23, oh wait I'm sorry, Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad drove up to the recruiting staton and started shooting...

Ok, so this guy, an American, who at some time in his life converted to radical islamic faith
but is not a part of a larger group or larger conspiracy (wow, really thanks), according to (*wink* *wink*) the Little Rock Police Department (because I'm sure they're experts in dealing with radical muslim terrorists).

Of course he only got the HRAPs (hometown recruiting assitance program) and not an NCO or Officer.

One of two things happening here:

1. Complete Fear Mongering by the MSM - (starting to plant seeds about that Obama martial law?)

2. Government Fear Mongering by the Govt. - same motive?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by artvandalay

Watched some of the coverage on the msm before going to work this morning regarding your post. Based on the title of your post, I take it you don't like Muslims very much. What happened in Little Rock today was a senseless crime, people get murdered throughout the U.S. and the rest of the world every day. Attacking a military recruiting office in a country where serving in the military is optional is a pathetic and cowardly act. I'm just annoyed that religion has to play a part of this in any way when it shouldn't. Bad people do bad things every day.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Why wouldn't they mention his religion if it was in fact a direct cause for his actions?

A man with "political and religious motives"
as described by the article. I believe his religion plays an important role in this news story, just as the terrorist who murdered the abortion doctor in Kansas. Religion is not exempt when the suspect in question is said to have murdered as a result of extremist views.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

You're right, I don't like religious people but I especially don't like the muslims who are in my opinion the most violent/irrational of all.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Please look at this thread religioneers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
This is my post, you are all ignoring it.

Your being one sided, and not admitting your own faults, and how this only applies to those of other faiths!

This is ignorance at it's upmost.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by artvandalay
reply to post by jitombe

You're right, I don't like religious people but I especially don't like the muslims who are in my opinion the most violent/irrational of all.

I'm not anti christian or any religion for that matter, but christians have waged more wars over religion than any other.

I think history would show that your post is ignorant and irrational.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well you are talking about the crusades that happened quite some time ago now, we have evolved ....

I have lived among Muslims and many other religious group and none of them have shown a refusal to share the world with the Western world like the muslims do.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I think history would show that your post is ignorant and irrational.

My post is only a link to a news article.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Did you ever think that just MAYBE your conditioned to believe things of that sort, ever so subtly, so once the news mentions a murder on an armed services member, you will just think, "Oh, well there go them Muslims again!!"

Give me a break. This sounds like a story the MSM was told to pick up to incite hate and fear. 'Terrorists attacking in America! Better lock down now so WERE SAFE!'

Not buying it. Nor am I buying the 'reasoning' behind the malicious opinions toward Muslims.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by artvandalay
reply to post by jd140

Well you are talking about the crusades that happened quite some time ago now, we have evolved ....

I have lived among Muslims and many other religious group and none of them have shown a refusal to share the world with the Western world like the muslims do.

WW2 was a religous war also. Atleast the German side of it was.

You can't forget about history and claim one group is more radical then any other group.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join