It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: No link between Saddam Hussein, 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Cheney: No link between Saddam Hussein, 9/11

www.cnn.com

"I do not believe and have never seen any evidence to confirm that [Hussein] was involved in 9/11. We had that reporting for a while, [but] eventually it turned out not to be true," Cheney conceded.

But Hussein was "somebody who provided sanctuary and safe harbor and resources to terrorists. ... [It] is, without question, a fact."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So it was a wrong call but ultimately the right thing to do? ...and for who may i ask? ...for you and your Halliburton (who you were once the CEO)? ... for Bush's oil cronies and his papa's military defense contractor business? Why can't you cut the crap Dick and tell us the real reason we are there. It was a golden business/theft opportunity... which you all made bank on.

www.cnn.com

[edit on 1-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This criminal is campaigning hard for his possible trial coming against him. He seems scared to death to me? That in itself feels good, but getting him in a cage, or dead, would be wonderful! I'm not a big fan of the death penalty, but believe there is a place for it. Making money you don't even need at the expense of others lives is at the top of my list! Take your medicine Dicky boy I'm sure there is still room in hell for you!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst
This criminal is campaigning hard for his possible trial coming against him.

This is what I was thinking. Cheney has spent quite a bit of time talking to the media lately, perhaps he should pull a Bush and buy up some land in Paraguay so he can hide out when the time comes. After all, it's a little late for him to start trying to save face, don't you think?

Cheney knows that Iraq was an illegal invasion. If he didn't, he wouldn't be on the news trying to justify it to this day.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Yes, he's simply trying to plant the seed of his defense. What is so pathetic is this guy avoided the spotlight for years while in control and now his ugly mug is a fixture on every network? Sad thing is people will buy into his bs in droves. Hard to say which is more pathetic, him squirming or people feeling for him?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yes... anyone who has been plugged in the past decade must be wondering what the modus operandi of The Dick Cheney Magical Mystery Media Tour is really all about.

He has sought out and been interviewed by more TV journalists and talk show hosts during the past month than during the eight years he was vice president.

The topic is always the same. Torture was done during the Bush–Cheney Administration, and it was effective. Persons held at Guantanamo Bay are evil and should never be released. President Obama’s actions are a threat to national security. Cheney claims that because of the actions he and George W. Bush took after 9/11, there were no more attacks upon the United States.

He's not selling a book or movie... so what's this big effort all about? Could it be a desperate attempt to keep the GOP a float and/or focused in championing their 8 years of "accomplishments". I don't see anyone buying this wash.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
So it was a wrong call but ultimately the right thing to do? ...and for who may i ask? ...for you and your Halliburton (who you were once the CEO)? ... for Bush's oil cronies and his papa's military defense contractor business? Why can't you cut the crap Dick and tell us the real reason we are there. It was a golden business/theft opportunity... which you all made bank on.

www.cnn.com

[edit on 1-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

S&F

Yes! It was the biggest robbery & heist in the world history!

Check out the video: Iraq for sale in a thread I made about this!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The media are a powerful tool, so who knows what reaction he wants from these things.

There will always be a conveyor belt of these people, to come along and do this stuff.

Ask yourself if he is enlightened, would you want to be also?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Agreed with a few other posts here about Cheney being on the lamb and defensive.

Why has all of this not opened up for one of the main perpetraitors of all that is wrong with our system and planet...George Bush Sr.?????

Cheney will lie and smack his way around this man to the end. We need to see him vaporized and then go straight to the source.....

This chain of corruption and abuse needs to cease.
I am all for modern day torture techniques being used here.
And we all do know about said techniques.
(this being the only instance of use I am for)

Peace...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Cheney is the biggest war criminal in the US govt. I think he's just covering his hide.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Oh I have seen this so many times. Criminals who respond in such manner.

"Oh it turns out he didnt murder my son, but he was a child molester so I should get a medal for killing him."

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Am I the only one who knew back then that the whole WMDs was a bunch of garbage and that Saddam had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11? I'm surprised people are still shocked over this. Cheney is just trying to back peddle in order to save his own neck. Iraq was all about the oil plain and simple.

They tried to kill two birds with one stone. Invade Iraq take the oil. Fuel the fighting in Afghanistan don't kill Osama so they could have their boogy man still alive to scare the masses into submission. They created this mess in the first place and it got out of hand, and in the prosses created some real enemies of the US that they dont have control over anymore.

It's all about the "The New Great Game" See my signature if you want to see some of the real details. I'll be making a video for the contest. Myself and a few others have been compiling some real good info stay tuned.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst
This criminal is campaigning hard for his possible trial coming against him. He seems scared to death to me?

According to his daughter, you are ABSOLUTELY right!

Daughter Liz: Dick Cheney is Afraid of Torture Prosecutions

Last night on CNN, Liz Cheney revealed that her father former vice president Dick Cheney is speaking out in defense of torture right now because he is afraid of being prosecuted for war crimes. Apparently, the person that Cheney is most interested in protecting is himself.
******SKIP******
I don’t think anybody should be surprised that a man who is motivated by, and motivates others, with fear is frightened of prosecution. Cheney is on the attack, not out some desire to protect the nation, he is trying to save his own legacy, and keep his butt out of prison. Guys with heart conditions don’t do well in the old pokey.

And here's a thread I started on ATS about the article.

Daughter Liz: Dick Cheney is Afraid of Torture Prosecutions - ATS Thread

Hey Cheney, "If your scared, say your scared!"

I do believe a lot of people would really enjoy hearing your scared and sweating bullets now for your past decisions!

[edit on 6/2/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

My favorite bits pepper throughout your OP

Imagine that, the king of fear-mongering actually showing fear!

Who'd have ever thought he would be afraid of going to jail over his decision to use waterboarding and other "questionable" interrogation techniques on prisoners!

[SARCASM] I mean, so some people died while being interrogated! ... And so he tried to cover these things up! ... After all, techniques like waterboarding aren't torture, ... Well, Okay, maybe SOME people think some of the techniques the Bush & Cheney administration have approved and used are torture, but that doesn't mean their ILLEGAL! [/SARCASM]

Well, maybe "Tricky Dicky" should be afraid!!!

If something like this could spook the likes of Cheney, then there must be something to this, i'm looking forward to seeing him get grilled on the hot seat.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

There is plenty Cheney is going to have to worry about if he ever does end up having to defend his and the Bush administration's decisions they have made!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Just being the devils advocate; his daughter doesn't say she or her father is afraid of prosecution... though i think in this case actions may speak loader then words:

What's more, as part of a full-throated defense of her dad's torture policies, Liz Cheney has been all over the television news. I asked my friends at Media Matters to check on just how many interviews Cheney has done lately. They came up with this list that spans the last 10 days (and today isn't over yet):

* On the May 22 edition of ABC's "Good Morning America"

* On the May 22 edition of MSNBC's "Morning Joe"

* On the May 22 edition of CNN's "American Morning"

* On the May 21 edition of CNN's "AC360"

* On the May 21 edition of Fox News' "Hannity"

* On the May 21 edition of "MSNBC News Live"

* On the May 20 edition of Fox News' "Your World"

* On the May 17 edition of ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos"

* On the May 16 edition of Fox News' "Fox & Friends Saturday"

* On the May 15 edition of Fox News' "On the Record"

* On the May 12 edition of Fox News' "Live Desk"

* On the May 12 edition of MSNBC's "Morning Joe"

That's 12 appearances, in nine and a half days, spanning four networks. (On today's "Morning Joe," Liz Cheney was on for an entire hour -- effectively becoming a co-host of the program.) And this is just television, and doesn't include Liz Cheney's interviews on radio or with print media.

source: www.washingtonmonthly.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Last night on CNN, Liz Cheney revealed that her father former vice president Dick Cheney is speaking out in defense of torture right now because he is afraid of being prosecuted for war crimes. Apparently, the person that Cheney is most interested in protecting is himself.

I am no fan of Cheney trust me; this is disinformation at its worst. Liz Cheney made no such statements about her father; you have to be careful of disinfo websites.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Well, She DID mention that one of the reasons that her father was speaking out sooo much was because the Obama administration "MAY perhaps look into prosecuting former members of the Bush administration".

And just what what do you think they would/could prosecute them for?

She also DID mention that another one of the reasons was that the Obama administration was going to make public interrogation techniques used by the Bush administration and stated that the reason that her father was speaking out against this was because " the terrorists could now train to this'!

Come on now!

Her and her father just don't want the public to see these "interrogation techniques" because the public will probably realize that a lot, or at least some of the "techniques" they approved would be deemed torture.

The article NEVER actually quoted her as saying that her father was afraid of being prosecuted, but it sure isn't too hard to read between the lines to see that what he/she are doing is trying to, shall we say, "put this puppy to rest" so that Dick won't ever have to fear being prosecuted for his past decisions.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Liz Cheney, yesterday on MSNBC...

and Rachel Maddow's grilling expose on Liz's bull

[edit on 5-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

top topics

join