It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOR) Summer Camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
"Whuuu, Where am I?"

"Welcome back, Your on the train."

"Train? What train? Whats going on!?"

"You've been designated infected, contained and are now subject to quarantine."

"But I'm not sick.. Oh my god OH MY GOD!!! Wheres my family? John! Katie! JOOOHN! KATIE!"

"Calm down,just try to calm down. None of us are being transported with our families. We can only pray they didn't get picked up."

"What the heck!? I'm not sick! Their not sick. Whats going on!?!"

"You or someone in your family did something or said something the Feds did not approve of."

"What are you talking about how can you know that?"

"I'm a member of The Rebellion Underground. My name is Hector"

"Your a member of TRU. No way. NO WAY! This isn't happening. I'm A Republican Goddammit! I don't have anything to do with you terrorists! Get away from me! LET ME OUT! THERE'S BEEN A MISTAKE!"

"CALM DOWN! I know how you feel. Believe me I do. They took my son in New York at the Nine Eleven rally of 2011. The determined him ill while in custody. I KNOW how you feel. But the truth of the situation is this: Your on train because you or someone close to you said or did SOMETHING. Now you and your family have been designated sick. With any luck you'll be going to a blue camp and not a red camp. Who knows maybe you'll even get to see your family again one day."

"But why?!?"

"Do you really believe everything the mainstream media says.?"

"Of course I do. I don't have time to waste my life on crazy conspiracy theories."

"So you think we're crazy?

"No, I know your crazy because you think our government kills its own citizens but your the ones that bombed LA not the government"

"If thats so and we're the the crazies then what are you doing on this train?"

"I don't know. There must of been some mistake"

"There was. It was yours. Yours for not listening to us. It was yours for accepting everything the Feds told you. Yours for never questioning the situation."

"Thanks for the guilt trip thats exactly what I need right now! Do you feel better now captain high and mighty?"

"I'm just saying if more Americans had listened to us before the quarantine laws were passed then maybe we wouldn't be in the middle of this Revolution. "

"THEIR IS NO REVOLUTION!"

"Ha yeah , and their is no train either right? Wow you really are one of those special sheeple."

"Are you gonna insult me the whole way, because if you are then I am just gonna stop listening?"

"That was the problem in the first place! You and the rest of America didn't listen to us when we could of stopped all this but now its too late. It doesn't matter now anyways I suppose. We're both on a train to no where."

"Whats gonna happen when we get to where ever this train is going?"

"If we're lucky we'll go to a blue camp and enjoy psychotropic drugs, voodoo psychology, and re-education. And if we're not lucky then we will go to a red camp."

"Come on, I've looked on google maps those camps don't exist."

"Ahhh so you you DO ask questions. Maybe there is a reason your here after all."

"Asking questions is not a crime! Everyone asks questions. What you people do is incite anarchy."

"Well doesn't matter now what either of us do now does it?"

"Of course it does! There has been some kind of mistake. I'm NOT A DOMESTIC TERRORIST. Your the one thats sick not me!"

"No, thats not what I mean. I can see a red fence outside the boxcar?"

"WHAT?! What does that mean!?! OH GOD! OH MY GOD! NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! "

[edit on 3-6-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Great story! And let us hope that it stays only that!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
When's the book come out, I want the first autographed copy.
Great story, had me riveted, unfortunately I believe it goes along with our furture history.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Chilling...

Your story makes me want to run out in the sunshine.

Hopefully you’re not prophetic., if you know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Your story makes me want to run out in the sunshine.

What an awesome complement!

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Excellent story Silo. I like the way the tension builds, and how we aren't certain -- even at the end -- if the person the protagonist is talking to on the train is one of the "good" folks or the "bad", or even if such concepts matter at that point.

Great read.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Really well done,I'd like to know more about the characters and truly hope you'll keep writing more!
I'd buy your work,I like your style: edited,clean,and really scary!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A great and yet too realistic story once again

Great one Husband!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Very scary in a realistic way. Very well written. Your characters were real enough to make me think of people I know in real life!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

OOOOOHHHHHHH riviting!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Impressive! S&F friend. My personal favorite so far!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Even if we are foes, I really liked your story.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by born-indigo

Awww shucks..Im gonna make you my friend now. Thanks for the compliment born-indigo

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Now that was a very well put together and quite chilling story. A timely warning as well, for those of us who believe and even those who don't.

I hope you do well in the contest my friend, stories like yours are what make them worthwhile,

wupy

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I'd buy a copy of the book and recommend the local library to stock it as well

it's the kind of stuff I enjoy

www.quietearth.us...
(movies & books)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Awesome story and let's not hope it is prophetic! I love the way it seemed that I was actually watching and listening to people talk! Great entry.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You've Located a Real/Surreal Story tito,

That guy believes he is saved from the camps because he votes a certain way?,.. well, many people will have a rude awakening on this one. Our likes and dislikes don't matter to TPTB only control over all of us.

I hope you have Swift Victory on your 'Troll' problem too, those ___ are all over the Web.

Powerful story

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ahhhh. My last shameless plug of the contest. I had an OK time writing my story... I would of said a great time but as silo13 said It made ME want to go run into the sunshine myself.

I can say I had a good time reading all the other stories. Some of these stories have scared us, some have intrigued us, some have made us think, and all have given us a distraction from our normal ATS retinue entertaining our imaginations with confrimable fiction rather than speculative conspiracy.

And that was A nice change for me personally.

Its been great yall.

Good luck to everyone, and avoid google maps.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The contest has ended. Congrats to the winners. And now to continue this story.

Cynthia, got off the train with Hector and the rest of the people in that train car. The people gathered en mass in front of a brigade of gunmen in masks ready to keep any and all in line. A tall uniformed man, wearing a respirator standing above the crowd behind the gunmen spoke:

"Welcome to camp red echo 12. My name is Captain Redfield. This will be your new home for the interim as you have all been tested positive for H2N5b. Now, I want you to know that I understand you did not officially ask to be tested and that not all of you are showing signs of the sickness yet, but I assure you that we have kept an up to date and detailed medical record on every US citizen since the outbreak and while you may not appreciate they way you have been quarantined, it has been down for your safety and the safety of the greater nation. You will receive the best medical care and comfort we can provide.We do ask that you comply with the rules of our facility at all times as these rules of have been set up to ensure everyones safety.

I understand you all must have questions and their will be a time and place for that after your orientation. You will be segregated for your safety at this time. I would ask all the women to follow Ms. Haxly to the left down the yellow hall and for all the men to follow Mr. Spears to the right down the blue hall. I thank you for your complete cooperation with us and God willing we shall find a cure for us all. God be with you and God bless America"

With that the train let out a vent of steam and lurched into motion. As it left another line of armed guards could be seen waiting for the train to get out of their way so that the could push the crowd apart into its segregated parts.

In the midst of a chorus of protests and pleas Cynthia, continued the conversation with the only person she knew.

"Are we gonna die?"

"I think so, nobody ever leaves a red camp. We have tried to mount rescue missions before but we never had an luck on a red camp. If I were you I wouldn't eat anything, it will be quicker that way."

"Dear god, what exactly do they do here?"

"Every unholy thing you can imagine"

The train had cleared the track and the line of guards started moving forward in march step one foot, then other foot, then the one foot, then other foot, all the time yelling 'MEN TO THE RIGHT BLUE HALL! WOMEN TO THE LEFT YELLOW HALL!" Anyone that lagged behind due to fear or infirmity got a not so gentle shove in the right direction till they got the idea.

Cynthia and Hector parted ways not knowing if they would see one another again uncertain about their futures and terrified of what was to come.

CYNTHIA

As the crowd separated Cynthia stayed in the middle trying to look as inconspicuous as possible , meandering in the heard. The hall was big enough to accommodate all the women at first but as they moved forward it got smaller force them into single file. After awhile of slow progress forward she could here guards counting people off in tens.

"Alright next ten, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, STOP!"

She waited.

"Alright next ten, 1,2,3,4,..."

She made her way through the narrow hallway into a small lobby with ten doors.

"Line up to a door"

A cold chill went through her spine as she noticed nobody stepped back out of those doors. She wondered if this was it.

The doors buzzed open loudly.

"Step inside"

She stepped into a small hall with doors on all three sides in front of her. The door behind her closed. She heard another buzz and the door in front of her opened.

"Please step forward" Said a speaker.

She stepped into a tiny rectangular room with a drain in the middle of a metal floor with a metal bench just to the right and a one way mirror directly across from the door.

"Name and PIN (personal identification number?)" the mirror asked.

"Cynthia Jackie Roberts PIN 489-256-221."

A drawer opened.

"Please remove all articles of clothing including socks and underwear and place your cloths into the drawer."

She did so. As she was standing there with her feelings of shame and violation she could her another woman screaming. She beat on the glass.

"Hey, whats going on why is that women screaming?!"

"Stop knocking on my window or you will be tazed"

Cynthia stopped and began to sob as she realized what the metal floors were for.

A lukewarm spray fell from the ceiling soaking her. Her eyes stung from soap and tears. The spray stopped and the drawer opened again.

"Dry off and get dressed"

"These aren't my cloths" she said meekly looking through the lousy yellow two piece jumpsuit with matching sandals and towel.

"Dry off and get dressed" the mirror repeated.

She did so. As she put on her sandals she noticed tiny metal threads going all the way around the sandal. She sobbed some more.

The door buzzed again.

"Please step through the door and follow the path to your right."

She did so. The scream and the warning about being tazed had already taught her what the price of non compliance was.

All the side doors were open as she moved right down the path into another hall.

"Step into this room here and take a seat." A guard motioned.

She stepped into a room with a big screen and plastic seats like the type you'd see in grade school. Some of the women started to whisper among one another but were quickly shushed by the two guards standing in the back of the room.

"NO TALKING!"

The whispering ceased.

The room filled and the lights dimmed and the orientation show began.

Hector

As Hector was separated from Cynthia he made his way through the crowd of males to the front of the line. Having been to jail before he had an ideal of what to expect and wanted to make sure that if he was getting a bunk that he got a good one.

As he muscled his way through to the front he did not meet alot of resistance but his last conversation with what might of been that last woman he'd ever see had put him behind others.

As he was waiting in line in the narrow hall he too heard people counting of numbers by the tens. He decided to count off with the counter one number out of synch.

"1"

"1'

"2"

"2'

"3"

"3'

"WHOS DOING THAT!"

Nobody said a word but for a few sinkers.

"Remain silent during the orientation process or we will use force to restrain you!"

Hector did not push his luck but smiled at the though of giving the men some uplifted spirits even if only for a moment.

As his turn came up he lined up to the door and step through the double door process into the tiny metal room.

The man behind the mirror asked him " Name and PIN?"

"My name is Hector Isacc Rodriguez and I don't have no stinking PIN"

"Hector Isacc Rodriguez. A PIN number will be assigned to you during orientation. Please remove your cloths including your socks and underwear and place them into the drawer."

As he took off his cloths he continued to make small talk.

"You better be fully dressed behind that mirror. I'd hate to think some chulo was getting off on me"

The floor electrified as soon as he took his socks off bringing Hector to the floor in writhing agony.

"Mr. Rodriguez, comply with our orders or you will be reprimanded"

"Ahhhhhhh ow.. dang, Who knew your pinky finger had had so much power"

"Stop talking Mr. Rodriguez or you will be tazed again. Now place your cloths in the drawer."

He did so with out further small talk.

As the lukewarm ceiling shower turned on he took that moment to relieve him self in the general direction of the mirror.

The drawer opened up before the spray was completely finished.

"Dry yourself and get dressed"

Hector looked through his blue two piece jumpsuit and sandal set...

"Hey wheres my towel!? How am I supposed to dry off? Are you gonna come out here and blow on me."

The floor electrified again only this time it was a thousand times worse for Hector. His brain did not explode and his eyes did not boil but he only knew that after the electricity was turned off again. He was thankful he had not bitten off his own tongue. It took him a few moments to recover this time. He would of rest more but for the voice behind the mirror.

"GET DRESSED"

Knowing he could not take much more of that soaking wet as he was he got dressed as quick as he could.

The door buzzed open.

"Step through the door and follow the path to your right"

He did so and followed in line with the rest of the men into a lobby.The guards ordered the men into a room with a big screen and those same style grade school looking plastic chairs. Hector took his seat and took note of the four guards in each corner of the room. As the lights dimmed he could not help himself.

"Odelay, Wheres the popcorn?"

"Shut Up or you will be restrained!"

On the outside Hector was putting on a brave face for the men and a spiteful face for the guards, but on the inside he was scared to death that he had talked to the last women he would ever talk too and that this place would be his final resting place but not before lots of torture. He figured if he was going down like this he would give them all the trouble he could. It wasn't like they could kill him twice.

As the screen lit up he remained silent to see just what they had to say to the inmates.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by titorite]

top topics

join