It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother Tasered at Traffic Stop

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Let's review the article.

She was speeding.

She exited her vehicle... That's bad

She was swearing and got violent. If that's true, what should the police officer have done?

1.) Get physical. Force her to the ground and cuff her.
2.) Use his baton
3.) Taser
4.) Lethal force.

Clearly, the officer's life was not threatened so number 4 is out.

Throwing a 72 year old woman to the ground is likely to injure her.
Clubbing her with a baton is likely to injure her.

Taser may or may not injure her.

So, what should the officer do?

What do you think this is dude the 4 Options HAHAHAHA ridiculous
it wasnt Robocop that pulled her over lol Where is do no harm to OCP lol

It was WAY out of line and if you cant see that your not very smart.

IT WAS A 72 YEAR OLD LADY

ridiculous

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Insubordinate Soul

yea you are right! agree totaly. but this taser #e is gettin out of hand somthing Has to be done And Soon!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Insubordinate Soul

If you had even remotely bothered reading my previous posts in this thread you'd know my background. You didn't even bother to do that. You're just wasting my time, sir.

And yes, you're a rare gem. Just like everyone else posting on the internet.

Anyway, a positive cop story:

www.nola.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Im actually not suprised. Police these days seem to be on a really big power trip lately. Its sickening. There suppose to be keeping everyone safe and instead they just want a reason to act like an a-hole and pull out there guns or tasers.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Insubordinate Soul...

You've been online for a while now. I know you've looked at my previous posts by now.

C'mon man. Even you have to admit not all police officers are bad and that there are quite a number of good officers.

I know there is a lot of ignorance in this world. Be it people in the police force or even plain individuals such as those that post in here. Many people generalize. That's ignorance.

Look in this thread. I think you're a good person and know better.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Midav]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Was that directed to me or the OP?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Yes, my post was directed at the original poster. But, if you feel like you were obligated to post because I added the word generalization, help yourself out

When I was in Germany, I saw police beat the crap out of a Turkish guy for threatening someome else. That was legal. No tazsing. That was at the Heinerfest in Darmstadt, Germany. Also saw police whip someone for not moving speermuell fast enough off the street.

Yeah, I know, internet story and we can all make stuff up.

I'm actually a dual citizen if you believe me or not. All I will say is Americans complain too much. You don't know how lucky you are. Police here can be good and bad. But, you have to look at the good as much as you do the bad. Have an open mind, people.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

All I will say is Americans complain too much.

I dont know about you but that sounds like generalization to me.

And most of us are fully aware of how lucky we are. I tell myself everyday even though my life isnt the best, im not starving in africa, therefor I cant complain.

But anyways there has been an increase in these beatings by the cops for no good reason. And I dont like it one bit.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You caught on to what I said. Kudos

That's how I feel about police, Jess. Generalization isn't good.

There is an increase not because it's happening more. It's always happened. It's just how the news portrays it. I can't speculate on this story until I know more. I would be ignorant to give an opinion as I was not there. I doubt anyone here was. As I have said earlier, if the police officer did bad, fire him. Throw his butt in jail!!! If he was in the right, commend him.

Let's find out more before we comment. That's all I want to say. I say that for a reason. I've seen old people act very violent in my area of work. I know it can happen and why I give the officer the benefit of a doubt. See my previous posts. Please.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Midav

Obviously you have never been tasered....I have and it was probably one of the most scary things that ever happened to me.....it makes me sick to even talk about it because it was so brutal and unprovoked....so until you have been tasered yourself, you have no room to say that "Americans have it easy"

---this is just another example of how misogynists can torture YES TORTURE women and get away with it....rack up another point for the he-man woman hater club *snippers*

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is just horrible.

If this was to happen to my grandmother, I would go postal.

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mkultraangel

I've never been tasered? Nevertheless I've never been sprayed before either... oh wait! (hate that smell and the rubbing of the eyes. It lasts days... sucks when you accidentaly rub your eyes while wearing old clothes that have been sprayed... hate pepper spray and rather be tasered.. oh wait, I've never experienced either so nvm...)

Should the next debate be: Put in chair or body-wrapped. I choose the chair. Yup, been placed in both as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have the highest respect for our law enforcement officers. This thread was by no means meant to be an attack thier integriity or their actions as a whole. The message here is "tasering " should be taken seriously, considering that there is evidence that it can induce a heart attack, which on a 72 year old woman could have been fatal.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
As long as many of you people take the side of the so called innocent old lady, I will continue to stay open minded. Yup, you heard right: I will stay open minded.

Start opening up some. What does mine having/or not been tasered have anything to do with the situation that led up to the situation?

Being tasered has nothing to do with this debate!! Almost all of you are talking of emotion and not common sense. The point is what led up to the tasering.

What led up to the tasering? Was it legit? Was it not? I don't know and what I am trying to find out.

ATS is supposed to be an open minded site. Most of you are dissapointing me. If you're angry at me, I ask this... take a few minutes and look at yourself in the mirror. I'm not the one jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Midav

Okkaayyy dont act like you put that in there to see if I would recognize it. You saw you made a generalization and had to make something up real quick like you purposely put it in there. I wasnt born yesterday.

But anyways Im just saying if this woman was however old, im very sure these police officers could have tackled her to the ground come on. Is she the bionic 70 year old woman? Odds unlikely.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I would say that clearly #'s 3 and 4 are out, and i would say at her age # 2 is also out, that leaves #1 and the one option that you seem to have forgotten. How about he uses his mind to difuse the situation before it gets out of hand in the first place. If he was unable to calm her down then maybe he should have called it in, explained the situation and her age and requested that a more experienced senior officer respond to the scene to assist him.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

This ' Dangerous' speeding 72 year old woman was tasered after refusing to sign a speeding ticket

Wait, wait... Can someone please clarify this for me.
In America, when you are caught speeding, you have to SIGN FOR THE TICKET?!?!?

uhhhhh....

So why not just refuse to sign it and state that you are a sovereign individual who doesn't sign contracts? (Because that's all you're doing, signing a contract on behalf of the non-existant corporation being held in your name from the day you are born, ie. your name in all caps is NOT you, it's a corporation name)

Please don't reply with "If you don't sign it they can arrest you", since the detention of a natural person without a law having been broken is unlawful (speeding fines are statutes, you have to AGREE to being imprisoned for them), there has to be some consensus on your behalf as to your recognition of the police officer's sovereignty over you.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Dang you caught me! I bow my head down again. What can I say?

Understand some sarcasm. I don't have anything to prove to anyone. You're smarter than that, Jess.

With that said, you didn't much like my comment did you? That's the impression you give...

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Midav]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well if we think this tasering crap is out of control now, just wait until the LEO's get an earful of this news.....

LOCKPORT — It is legally permissible for police to zap a suspect with a Taser to obtain a DNA sample, as long as it’s not done “maliciously, or to an excessive extent, or with resulting injury,” a county judge has ruled in the first case of its kind in New York State, and possibly the nation.

In her ruling, Sperrazza cited numerous legal precedents and the state’s Criminal Procedure Law, allowing the use of reasonable force to carry out a court order.

From this article...www.buffalonews.com...

From this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparantly certain judges are now going taser crazy

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nrky

Yes we have to sign for the ticket, i take it this is not common procedure in other countries ?

So why not just refuse to sign it and state that you are a sovereign individual who doesn't sign contracts?

Yeah try to tell that to most LEO's over here, you'll be lucky to get the words out before the jackboots start stomping, or shall i say tasing

You see we no longer have a police force here, it's more like a gang of jackbooted street thugs

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join