It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother Tasered at Traffic Stop

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

To be quote honest "Officer Tiloke" I ran into an LEO with your exact attitude.

Before that incident, I was a happy middle class white guy content to live my life in peace and without interference. I've never been arrested, nor charged with a crime. I have a spotless record sans 1 speeding ticket in 15 years. I had supported the police, knowing that they put up with a lot of "garbage" and had the impression that they keep people like me safe. I even donated to the various local sheriffs organizations.

Then I ran into someone like you that pulled me over. My Crime? I left a grocery store with my Chinese wife holding hands and carrying a bag of food for dinner and laughed with her on the way.

Long story short, he followed behind us as we were walking to our car, then followed me from the parking lot, then pulled me over with no good cause once on a public street. He then lied about my tags not being paid for, told me 2 paid parking tickets from years before were unpaid, threatened me with a felony saying my insurance card was fraudulent, then went back to his unit to 'call my insurance' and at the end of the stop came back saying how much of a lucky day it was that the insurance agency was closed and he couldn't verify if it was real or not and let me go.

He lied at every step of the way. He claimed the insurance agency was closed yet when I called them 5 minutes later when I got home they were quite open, and a trip to the DMV the next day stated that the tickets were paid long before, my tags were plenty valid, and he wished me luck in tracking down the offending officer.

Eventually I did find the officer that day, and filed a complaint with his superior with all my paperwork in order from the DMV.

From that point forward I trust the police as far as I can throw them. I no longer donate to the police associations, and I intentionally vote no on EVERY single state and local proposition that comes my way to increase funding, or anything else that would benefit you and your fellow police officers.

You "Officer Tiloke" are a PUBLIC SERVANT much like Officer Taze a 72 Year Old Woman. You have taken Oaths of Office stating as such, not to mention the Code of Ethics written and adopted by The International Association of Chiefs of Police. You are to serve the people of the United States and the Local City/County/State. Your departmental polices therefore mean squat, as you are to uphold the Constitution on the Federal and State first, along with the laws of the land. Show me in the Code of Ethics were it's permissible to taze a 72 year old woman.

Your attitude is not one of a public service, but an us against you mentality in which we are guilty until proven innocent. And then you wonder why people assume all cops are bad cops. Hey guess what, you think all people are guilty until innocent -- welcome to the club. How does it feel?

Police your own first, and charge the 'bad cops' with crimes, and then maybe, just maybe we'll trust you. Until then you are accomplices and complacent to the rampant abuse in the police system against the people of the United States, and by default because of your inaction you are NO better -- good cop or not.

With that said I hope a proposition or legislation passes that requires special criminal charges against police officers that can't keep their hands away from the Tazer.

The ONLY time a Tazer should EVER be pulled is if the Officer would have pulled a gun instead with the intent to use it. Taze happy police officers that were not in life threatening situations should be charged with special crimes by the State and be subject to special circumstance clause which would open the door for mandatory life sentences or Capital Punishment. That's right, those that require people to uphold the law, you should pay double the price for breaking it.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Not Authorized

Amen brother! Like I said in my original post, I have been in contact with officer's that may have saved my life. The one who got me after my divorce hearing was certainly an elevated human being. He could have easily lost it, and we both would have gotten hurt. I have many friends that are officer's on every level, and I respect them greatly.

On the flipside are the ego-centric, taze-happy, comply or else, do-it-because-I-say-so, don't know the law, everyone's a crackhead baby-raper, it's your lucky day, type cops that give the rest a bad name.

This type generate a poor image of the profession, they put themselves, their fellow officers, and the public at risk. They cause economic hardships on the departments and the communities, and they ultimately turn innocent people into criminals when they lawfully resist.

Signing the ticket is a moot point, and there may be cases like Tilk was citing, but in my personal experience it is not enforced by decent cops, and letting the OP's situation escalate to a potentially life-threatening one is a careless and reckless act that should be punished.

Edit:
If Tiloke is still around, I hope he re-reads my original post on page 2. It was completely complimentary of law enforcement. They do deal with garbage a lot, and they normally handle it very well. I stated that two ways in my first reply. I think he got a little caught up in the ticket signing!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm fairly sure it's illegal to assault an elderly person anyway, no matter who you are.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ahh..those Ninja Grannies back again are they?

Gotta watch out them they're lethal. One swipe with a ninja granny handbag and things can get out of hand, fast.

It is said, they roam the loney roads, driving to and fro, a bit over the speed limit in the hopes of luring an innocent, fragile, unsuspecting traffic officer into attempting an arrest. Where, they are said to dull the senses with a secret ninja granny potion, reputed to have a faint smell of urine.

Then they pounce, full attack on the senses - with shouting...shouting and actual, real, genuine, arguing and complaining at their attitude! The cheek of these NG's! Hurting the fragile and sensitive traffic officers' feelings, for not allowing him to have his powerplay unhindered.

Seeeeeriousley disgusting situation in all honesty..unless she pulled a gun or a knife or something like that...perhaps..as a last choice. But using an intense electric shock weapon on an unarmed 72 year old woman? For a minor traffic pull? And this was the only viable option? Come on!

The bloke should not be in LE, full stop. He obviousley lacks the desired character and skillset...mental attitude is real bad.
If he couldn't placate a 72 year old woman, and handle the situation in a fair and unconfrontational way, he is really, really in the wrong line of work.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just think of the voltage output that one of those devices has,also how did he know that she didn't have a pace maker? There was IMO no reason,no reason at all to use this kind of force. I know how it feels to get hit with 480. And here he is using something that put out a minimum of 50kv (high volts but low amps)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So why isn't he charged with attempted murder?

I'm absolutely sure that the local DA would charge anyone who tased a 72 year old woman in the chest with the highest felony charge he could come up with, providing, of course, that the perp wasn't a cop. After all, he and the cop are on the same team, right? If he loses the trust of the police department by holding them accountable for lawbreaking, how long would he still be the DA?

There needs to be a greater degree of seperation between DAs and cops: I've not seen a cop charged with crimes but a few times in my life, then only when the evidence was not only overwhelming, but overwhelmingly public, too. Even then, they are usually merely subjected to "departmental discipline", usually a paid vacation for high ranking cops (suspended with pay), or busted to a crap job for awhile. If fired they usually find work at another department in short order.

But never have I seen a cop charged with and convicted of murder, manslaughter, or even assault , even when it it was plainly a misuse of force. After the DA's investigation, the cop is always cleared, shootings were "justified by department policy", beatings were the victim's fault.

I've known a couple of good cops in my life, they have my partial respect. Partial because while they themselves tried not to break laws doing their job, they turned a blind eye to those they knew were violating laws, mainly because they were afraid. One finally quit being a cop because he couldn't reconcile it. But most I've met are like Officer tase-grandma:

Submit or else!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills

Originally posted by Sundancer
The cop couldn't subdue a 72 year old woman without the help of a taser? What a wuss!

if he had he would have risked accidentally breaking her arm or her hip, old people are fragile. I swear Police officers have a thankless job. This old woman deserved what she got for behaving like an ass.

So instead of risking breaking her arm or hip by restaining her physically (or dare I say trying to calm her down by talking softly, waiting for backup etc), the officer decides to risk shooting an elderly lady in the chest with a tazer which could have stopped her heart or caused her to hit her head (or hip, arm etc) on the ground which could cause brain damge, broken bones or death? That makes lots of sense...?

Some cops are truly good people and others are not but it is the mentality creeping into the force which seems to promote that this violent method of arrest is justified (and she "deserved what she got").

As I mentioned before, if this elderly lady was a true threat then release the dash cam tape and prove it.......

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
One is either damned if they have the video on record
or
One is damned if the video is not on record.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Blahblahblahblah I HATE COPS blahblahblah.
Lets all jump on the anti-Cop bandwagon because all Cops are bad people!
Right?!

Doing 60 in a 45 WORK ZONE? She was just ASKING to be arrested after not cooperating, she didn't even want to sign a TICKET which could be CONTESTED in court. She was lucky her license wasn't taken away and she wasn't arrested right of the bat for going that fast.

This is a fine case of a double-edged sword. I doubt the man needed to use a taser, however, I do believe she deserved to be arrested due to her aggressive nature in which she confronted with the Police.

The woman did not die, nor did she have any dibilitating injuries. We do not know exactly how it went down, maybe she even attacked them. We cannot just assume that he tasered her unprovoked.

NEVER make up your mind unless you have all of the details. She broke the law. She did not cooperate, so she went to jail.

I think that is fair.

[edit on 6/2/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Why is everyone bashing all cops for the actions of a few?

This would be the same as bashing, and blaming every "white men" for some "white men" being NAZIS, or bashing and blaming every "black man" for the actions of a few black men, or bashing and blaming "all hispanics" for the actions of a few hispanics....

If ALL COPS were doing this, we would be seeing people being tasered every hour or so.

This cop in specific however should be suspended without pay, if not fired. That is unless the woman was reaching for a gun, or a knife, then i could see why a cop would do this, even to a 72 year old woman, but there is no mention of this in the story.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

My guess would be, because they let them get away with it. Inaction by good people changes their title imo.
My roommate got beat down one time without cause. They let me free if i wouldn't rat on them. I said i wouldn't then did.
they knew they were in the wrong.
I guess what i'm trying to say is, there's more than a few of these out there. There's some, lol. Some cops are bad, not a few.

I'll bet you back in the day, only a few politicians were corrupt.
then some.
then most.
Now?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Lets fire up Old Sparky in Huntsville for all of these taser crazy cops. This is insanity and this jack booted thug should be fired and sent to prison with a tattoo of what he has done so that every prisoner knows what he did to a great grandmother. Texas cops are out of hand and should not be allowed to use tasers permanently!

The Dude Abides.

"Every cop is a criminal and all the sinners saints"
"Pleased to meet you can't you guess my name."

[edit on 6/2/2009 by Monteriano]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FadeToBlack
Blahblahblahblah I HATE COPS blahblahblah.
Lets all jump on the anti-Cop bandwagon because all Cops are bad people!
Right?!

No,just the bad ones that tasers 72 year old ladies

Doing 60 in a 45 WORK ZONE? She was just ASKING to be arrested after not cooperating, she didn't even want to sign a TICKET which could be CONTESTED in court. She was lucky her license wasn't taken away and she wasn't arrested right of the bat for going that fast.

Oath of a police officer,we expect them to adhere to it.

I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS

I WILL DISCHARGE MY DUTIES WITH INTEGRITY AND WILL PROMOTE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCILIATION

I WILL EXERCISE MY AUTHORITY AS A POLICE OFFICER IN THE MANNER INTENDED BY THE LAW

www.intermin.fi...

This is a fine case of a double-edged sword. I doubt the man needed to use a taser, however, I do believe she deserved to be arrested due to her aggressive nature in which she confronted with the Police.

No one is arguing that point, I myself loathed the action of the taser being used.

The woman did not die, nor did she have any dibilitating injuries.

I don't have the time or inclination to teach you electrical theory but just know it takes very little current to kill you. It depends primarily on your body resistance. I=E/R. It's Ohm's Law;look it up.

We do not know exactly how it went down, maybe she even attacked them. We cannot just assume that he tasered her unprovoked.

You are correct in this regard, we don't know. But they take the oath for a reason.

NEVER make up your mind unless you have all of the details.

You know Webster defines a hypocrite as someone who "pretends to be better than he really is,virtuous without really being so.

She broke the law. She did not cooperate, so she went to jail.
I think that is fair.

Do you realize by you making this statement you have just done what you have accused us that have contempt for this officer.

Don't feel bad, some people genuinely fail to recognize that they have character faults that they condemn in others

Peace!!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

P.S. Hope to see you speeding in my jurisdiction soon.

Now you see there you go right there ! Why would you say something like that ?! What would happen if you saw him/her speeding in your jurisdiction, what would you pull out your taser and use it ??? Because that statement sounds ominously threatening. What kind of mentality is that for an officer of the law to have, you sound more like a damn street thug than a police officer
But yet you wonder why some people have a bad opinion of cops
Because all too often lately most seem to have that same mentality, some act more like street thugs with something to prove than they act like an officer that is supposed to keep the peace.

"Sign the ticket" is not an unlawful order. Refuse and you go to jail, fight that and you are escalating the use of force, not me.

She may have escalated the situation to the point where the officer had to use force to arrest her, however she did nothing to escalate it to the point that he had to use excessive force. She had no weapon, if she had the police department would have already stated that fact, so there was no reason for that officer to use excessive force. You're a police officer would you have to use a taser to arrest an unarmed 72 yr old woman ? Think carefully before you answer that question.

Can you please provide links to your external content, there is no credibility to your posts if we can not verify your sources.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Everyone needs to relax and just calm down,

This is an isolated incident.....

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

What? I beg to differ.

Here's why I think cops are #$%@! About 18 years ago the police were called to my home because of a domestic dispute. What was going on was that I had found out my wife at the time was cheating on me, which is sufficient grounds for divorce .. however, she didn't want to loose everything, the kids, the house, all its contents, any possible alimony, etc. So, I guess she figured that if she fought with me, she could get ME arrested for abuse and THAT would be her grounds for kicking me out of our home. BUT this is where I pat myself on the back EVERY DAMN DAY .. because I had set up a video camera in the living room before all this happened.

I just knew a confrontation was coming, and it wasn't going to be pretty. So, on that tape was recorded about 10 minutes where she simply started beating on me, hitting me in the head with a baseball bat and knocking me out cold for a few minutes while she continued to beat me with a bat.

During the whole thing I did not lay one finger on her, I refused to fight with her. So, what did she do? She walked over by the steps that led downstairs and pretended to fall, as if I pushed her. Funny thing is she slipped while doing this and actually fell and hurt herself, ha.

When the police arrived they didn't even give me half the chance to open my mouth. They jumped all over me, 6 of them, beating me up and handcuffing me and shoving me into the squad car, knocking my head against the door in the process a few times which almost knocked me out cold again.

Eventually one of the officers inside discovered the video camera .. and they rewound the tape and watched it .. and while they were doing so my wife at that time snuck out the door and got into her car and drove off. A minute later the police inside realized what was going on and took off after her while one officer remained behind to let me out of his car. They caught her about 4 miles away.

ONLY ONE of the officers apologized for what they did to me .. and the others I wanted to KILL after what they did to me!!!! KILL WITH EXTREME PAIN and bodily mutilation. #$%@ing swine! They didn't even give me a chance to talk, they refused to listen to me when they arrived, they used force against me and I didn't even resist or threaten them. #$%@ pigs!

THAT is why THEY need to watch their BACKS from now on while around ME!!! I hates them all. They are the enemy!

Oh, and I eventually got divorced, got custody of the kids, got the house and everything, and she got what SHE deserved too ... THE SHAFT!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
One is either damned if they have the video on record
or
One is damned if the video is not on record.

Probably the best post in here! No one was there. There may just be more to this. Perhaps she was being a pain in the butt. Perhaps he just wanted to taser someone for the fun of it.

Let's see what transpires...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cams

Police have a tendency to abuse their power as do many people with power. But I also must say this.
Just because the woman is an old granny does not mean she couldn't be a vicious, hateful, conniving, back stabbing, venom spewing, no good, lying bitch. We have one in our community and If something like that was to happen to our trouble making granny you'd see smiling faces all around town.

Perhaps it's just a case of getting what she deserved. Could be.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Everyone needs to relax and just calm down,

No,it one of a growing many incidents where the cop are getting out of hand. Like that cop that stop that guy from making it into the hospital before she died just to lecture him. He was too late,she died while her son was being held up because this cop misused his badge.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join