Grandmother Tasered at Traffic Stop

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I'm never nice and pleasant to them. I don't argue with them but I am certain they get the idea that I think it is pretty pathetic that we are paying them to sit at traps waiting for people going 9 freakin miles over the speed limit. There are dangerous criminals out there. There are women who have filed protective orders everyday, why aren't these cops being used to cruise the homes of these women thru their shift to let the person named in the order know they are watching? Or use them to cruise homes of registered sex offenders to let them know they are being watched? Or cruise areas where drugs are being sold to kids?

Back to the grandma, yeah she was mouthy but to taze and put an old woman on the ground is too much. I am a woman and managed 2 teenage boys on my own, I am sure that cop could have handled that old woman without putting her through that.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Video of a young guy getting tazed before he could even react, then his head pounced into the cement. Cops pulled up next to him so it wouldn't be on dashcam, but a news crew just happened to be across the street and caught them in action.

uk.truveo.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I have to agree the cop told her if she didn't cooperate he would have to taze her and she tells him to go ahead and taze her. So he did and at least gave her the option to just be calm cool and collective about it before he went that route.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

If this ever happens to someone from your family, I await for you to come in here and say oh he or she deserved it!!

1st of all he shoves her, over use of force, overuse of his authority, that in itself is Assault!! Then he tazes her, just to add to what he done to her. Lmao what a coward!!!

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow, hey Champagne, sorry for not reading through 10 pages of posts when past experiences on these topics tells me that 99% of them all say the *same thing.* I've never seen somebody get so worked up about people agreeing with them before.

I think with the traffic cams you probably do still have to sign the ticket. My guess is you have X number of days to return the signed ticket to the police, or they come looking for you. This time I'm just completely guessing though, we don't have traffic cams at all around here.

It seems to me that as soon as the woman agreed to sign the ticket, that officer's conflict resolution skills should have kicked in and recognized that as an opportunity to end the dispute. Get the ticket signed, let the lady go, and let everyone get on with their lives until the court date. But no, big bad pig man wanted revenge on an old woman for being ornery.

Although I will add that a 72 year old woman should be more mature than that. I've gotten a few tickets myself (I always forget to pay my vehicle registration or get my state inspection,) and I don't give the cops an attitude for ticketing me when I'm in the wrong. By 72, she should know that she was in the wrong and being a crotchety old hag doesn't exempt her from the law.

But no, I still don't think she deserved a tasing. The whole conflict could have been ended the instant she said she'd sign the ticket if he gave it to her.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Could not have said it better.My blood was boiling watching this!On old woman verbally abusing a cop and he has to resort to using a taser on her with no regard for the dangers of using it on the elderly.How do some of these spineless idiots get into the police force.The thing that struck me the most was the sergeant in charge defended this officer.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I hope someone else gets this.

The thing that hacks me off with cops is, we as citizens must not get out of line one little bit with a policeman. There are two completely different "standards of behavior" between the citizen and the cop. They can be any way they want to be; if we are rude or argumentative we can be arrested and charged with all sorts of things. But they can be complete jerks, they can scream in your ear so loud it could burst your eardrum, they can beat the crap out of you, they can grind your face into the cement when you're already down, they can whack you across the back with a baton, they now can even taze you with 50 thousand volts of electricity just because they don't like your attitude. And of course, they can shoot you 50 times if you twitch, and they keep their job. They hired on knowing they may sometimes put their lives in danger, but they now seem to be much more willing to put the citizen's life in danger before their own. They forget we are innocent until proven guilty. They treat you as if you have been tried and convicted and it is up to them to serve up your punishment.

This sort of police brutality began against the blacks but I don't think they have a race preference any longer.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is probably worth a thread of it's own, but you gotta see this to believe it.

A Gang of Cops Brutily Beat an Unconscience man then cover it up!

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

It has already been posted elsewhere, will look for the thread and post it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is the one I was really looking for. A 20 year old guy dies 4 days after a police beating, a death certificate is issued which states Homicide, then quickly the Coroner sends a letter that the certificate was a mistake, it was not homicide.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Think this is the right thread I was referring to, Unconscous man beating by Police, Link is above:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Oh yeah, thanks, I hadn't seen that. But the more threads about gestapo cops now, the better.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Back to the grandma, yeah she was mouthy but to taze and put an old woman on the ground is too much. I am a woman and managed 2 teenage boys on my own, I am sure that cop could have handled that old woman without putting her through that.

The view I am getting of tazer-happy cops is that the sole reason they're using it, is as a simple and effective pre-emptive strike. Just like how most car owners with those remote-unlockers unlock their cars with that gizmo, rather than manually putting the keys in the car.

Why wrestle with a granny if you have a one hit wonder? What if she had a weapon? And it (most of the times) doesn't even kill! Perfect!

The dutch cop I saw once had a much more effective method though, and he never even reached the news. We were waiting at a traffic light once when he sneaked up on the car behind us, opened the door and put his gun against the drivers face.

[edit on 12/6/09 by -0mega-]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

Yeah I saw a video yesterday of them tazing a guy when they walked up to his truck, he hadn't even put it in park yet.

The day of the "nice friendly policeman" is over.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I'm so disgusted I was speechless for a spell... (but I'm ok now..lol) I went to Utube to watch the video because the link here was dead.. I could NOT believe the comments I read regarding this issue. A lot were on the side of the cop!!! OMG.. first of all he states he shoved her to get her out of traffic.. he shoved her because he was pissed she wouldn't do what he wanted her to
do!!!! When these assholes train to become cops they learn a wide variety of ways to subdue someone that's *Out of Control*.. When the lady says.. Ok..Ok.. I'll sign it.. that should have been it! He got her to comply at that point.. it could have been the end of it.. but O no.. she went against what this guy told her to do.. she mouthed off.. SHES GOING TO JAIL.. you DO NOT mouth off to these control freaks or else!! Again.. I'm disgusted and I'm disgusted at ANYONE that thought this cop did a great job!!! Police State!!!

Heres a speech from Kenndy that warned of # like this.. Another time in my life that I was made speechless.. but again.. I recovered...lol

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11/06/2008 by tracehd1]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

.......yes. and then when she is lying on the ground screaming, he is threatening to taser her again if she doesn't get her hands behind her back so he can cuff her.

Inexcusable. He looks like a mountain standing beside her. I hope she does sue him. Unnessary force was used, anybody can see that.

"Lady, please calm down". He made no effort whatsoever to try to diffuse her anger. Absurd. I know there are good cops, and I believe most of them are good. This man is no example of that.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I renounce my defense. This cop should be fired and sentenced for Police brutality.

What a fu**ing pig.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by neves49
You fully illustrate a large part of the problem

How?

First I don't have any friends who would taser an old lady and if I saw an acquaintance do it I would turn them in in a heart beat, Second, cops are supposed to uphold the law and as such should be held to a higher standard while at work(when I am at work I do my job the way it is supposed to be done not however I feel like), Third, If the majority of them were honest and decent human beings whose goal was to uphold the law, no one would have to fear recrimination or losing their job for doing the right thing.

1. What if you had a friend that ran a drug smuggling operation? What if you had unrestricted access to his whole business. Would you turn him in? Whether or not you have actual friends who would do it is irrelevant, because what matters is 'Would you turn them in for their crimes?'. The Police works very much like this, they see each other almost every day. They are friends. Main reason #1 why they don't turn on each other.

2. I agree with that. But not everything is black in white, there is a gray area always.

3. Again, there is always a gray area. Not everything is perfect (as you already know), you have to judge the way things are and accept it. Is it screwed up that Police cover up incidents such as the one that beat up an unconscious man? Yes, definitely. But you can't say that if the majority were good human beings that this would never happen. You just don't know.

In addition to all of that there is the obvious point that people who like to tell other people what to do have some serious mental problems. Decent, sane human beings just want to be left alone and leave others alone. This is not to say that we need NO law enforcement, but we certainly don't need the type of criminal thugs in blue that we have now. One answer to this may be to get rid of almost all of the cops and then make sure that we pay the ones that we do have enough that we don't get the kind of semi-literate, crypto-fascist goons we have now.

I won't argue with that. We definitely need a reform of some kind. But don't think that I'm part of the problem just because I have a bit of sympathy for everyone.

[edit on 6/15/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
well im all for the cop on this one and I know you all are guna freak on me but its true the law is the law is the law and if you break it your gunna face consequences and if you decide to challenge those consequences there will be reprocuscions and regardless of age sex race etc you will face a punoshment for your actions and putting the life of a deputy and herslef at risk by arguing in traffic on a freeway is grounds for a shove if you ask me and also challenging a cop afer he has told you to do something is a bad idea to begin with. there was no right infringment there, she got physical and resisted and was warned over and over again about being tased and she got it exactly as promised! good on him!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Champagne

Plus, if she dared him to shoot her, was he willing to do that also?! What does a dare have to do with anything? The tazer is supposed to be used in lieu of lethal force, so can he justify shooting her dead in this instance? If not, then he is in the wrong!

Judge, "Why did you shoot the great-grandmother sir?"

Cop, "She dared me."

Judge, "Was it a triple-dog dare, or just your garden variety?"

Cop, "No, it was just your normal-type dare, but she did raise her voice."

Judge, "When she raised her voice, did she insult your mother, or call you a sissy?"

Cop, "No, she just yelled some and danced around a lot, I don't think she knows my mother."

Judge, "Guilty! A dare is not a valid justification unless it includes "sissy" remarks, insults to your mother, or escalates to a "Triple-dog Dare", case closed!"

OKay, if ATS gave an award for best post of the week, on any thread, this would have to be it. Made my day. Liw

new topics
top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join