It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother Tasered at Traffic Stop

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
She may be 72, but she was a handful, and was not cooperating. She defied the officer and told him at one point she was getting back in her car - I suppose to leave.

I don't think tasering was called for, maybe a couple pops with his nightstick, a roundhouse kick to the head, or just use his size, slam her up against the car or on the ground, and then handcuff her.

She wasn't completely innocent. She was stubborn.

Not a way to respond to a cop who's likely been catching crap all day long from everyone he met.

Just appears it was her turn.

Wow, your train of thought is disturbing and reconfirms my vow to never allow my mother to go into a nursing home.

A couple of pops with a nightstick? You make me sick.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'll say this, any cop who is no longer able to successfully subdue a 72 year old woman w/o injuring her, is no longer fit to serve as a police officer.

Why was the pig arresting her anyway? Because she didn't sign a ticket? They issue tickets to people with cameras all the time.

He truly is a Pig and a perfect example of how they attained the name.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Bombeni]

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Why was the pig arresting her anyway? Because she didn't sign a ticket? They issue tickets to people with cameras all the time.

He truly is a Pig and a perfect example of how they attained the name.

That tickled me.

Not that i'd call a cop a pig, but it did remind me of an incident i attended once at a shopping centre in Germany....when we came back we forund that kids had covered our patrol car in bacon rashers lol.

Heaven knows where they got that much bacon from, but it was a lot.

Back on topic, you're right....they give out fines by camera/post all the time, so why not do the same in "difficult" circumstances?

If a cop feels that the situation is escalating, back off and deal with it another way. That would work for certain situations, not all though so it's a judgement call to be made from the officer.

Thats where the problems often arise though....the judgement calls of officers.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So, I watched the video from the dash cam on the police car.

The woman was an idiot!!
She kept trying to walk back into the area where there was traffic.
She was argumentative. She was not complying the the officers requests.

She was daring him to tase her. In the end, she got her wish.

I think that this was entirely the fault of the 72 year old woman. Personally, I think that she got what she deserved. She is an idiot and I hope that she learned something.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I waited to see the vid before making a comment... now that I have there are two corrections to make. the first is she is a great grandmother and not an entirely innocent victim... however victim she was...

Now look I'm a grown man and I had had my share of experiences with an irate grandmother in my time... Heck I was once beaten by a broom welding grandmother, my own!!! its not a comfortable position to be in... still resorting to a taser??? the officer should be fired and brought up on charges of abuse... yes she was argumentative but no real threat to the officer involved... it would be little effort to spin her around and cuff her...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Well the showed the UNEDITED video on the local news here (as compared to the EDITED video that only shows the end).

It was pretty darn funny! The lady keeps yelling at the cop 'I AM A 72 YEAR OLD WOMAN, I DON'T HAVE TOO!"

They are arguing behind the car, he pushes her and tells her to get further in on the shoulder (because there is traffic whizzing buy). He tells her FIVE TIMES to move back or he will taser her.

She keeps saying "You going to taser a 72 year old woman????"

The last thing she says is "I DARE YOU!". Yes, she dared the cop to taser her, and guess what, he did!

LOL.

The clips of this video online leave ALL of that out and only show the ending. Typical media spin. She was truly and quite literally asking for it, plus I would bet if he had tried to handcuff her and she struggled she would have sued him for a broken/sprained wrist or some such thing.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Sonya610]

OMG, I just cannot believe the dumbing down of our citizens!!!! Yes I saw, probably we all saw the full footage on the news channels or elsewhere online by now, and to think that anyone, anyone, would condone a grown man, trained to handle situations, and sworn to "protect obey and serve" would tazer this old woman!!! That dirty lowdown mongrel is the scum of the earth. But the worst part is that fellow citizens would condone ANY man using a tazer gun on an old woman. I am a woman and I bet even I could have managed to subdue her with nothing but a pair of handcuffs.

I'm grossed out.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Well the showed the UNEDITED video on the local news here (as compared to the EDITED video that only shows the end).

It was pretty darn funny! The lady keeps yelling at the cop 'I AM A 72 YEAR OLD WOMAN, I DON'T HAVE TOO!"

They are arguing behind the car, he pushes her and tells her to get further in on the shoulder (because there is traffic whizzing buy). He tells her FIVE TIMES to move back or he will taser her.

She keeps saying "You going to taser a 72 year old woman????"

The last thing she says is "I DARE YOU!". Yes, she dared the cop to taser her, and guess what, he did!

LOL.

The clips of this video online leave ALL of that out and only show the ending. Typical media spin. She was truly and quite literally asking for it, plus I would bet if he had tried to handcuff her and she struggled she would have sued him for a broken/sprained wrist or some such thing.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Sonya610]

OMG, I just cannot believe the dumbing down of our citizens!!!! Yes I saw, probably we all saw the full footage on the news channels or elsewhere online by now, and to think that anyone, anyone, would condone a grown man, trained to handle situations, and sworn to "protect obey and serve" would tazer this old woman!!! That dirty lowdown mongrel is the scum of the earth. But the worst part is that fellow citizens would condone ANY man using a tazer gun on an old woman. I am a woman and I bet even I could have managed to subdue her with nothing but a pair of handcuffs.

I'm grossed out.

I saw the entire vid also and cannot disgree more with what Sonya610 said! Sure, she dared him to tase her, but she also stated, after getting out of the car that she would sign the damn ticket!! Why did he not just let her sign it??

Also, I have never heard that it is against the law to NOT sign a ticket!! I, IMHO, did not believe I am being unlawful simply because I disagree with the reason a ticket is given to me.....I would fight it from that point! The lack of a signature on a ticket does not mean I can just ignore it! I would still have to follow the law as far as pleading Guilty, Not Guilty, or No Contest and appear at the court date.

Sure her behaviour was wrong!! But she is 72 yrs old, for crying out loud!! If that had been my 75 yr old mom, they would have had to arrest me!!

I had an incident, in Lubbock, upon myself & my mom returning from Dallas at the Lubbock airport a couple of years ago. It was a year before my dad past away & he was coming to pick us up. He was late, of course. So I left mom at the front while I went to the restroom. On my return, I find a bicycle airport cop, in the second lined lane away from the curb, screaming at my mother - who was putting our bags into the truck of the car. He was beside the drivers side door also screaming at my father.

Needless to say, I starting running towards the cop - who was verbally abusing my mom and my dad. He had them both so upset - that was obvious to me. That being said, I had some not so nice words for him and called him a few choice names - including how fricking stupid he was being!! Well, then he decided to turn on me. Which, as far as I was concerned, was much better than what he had been doing. And, while they were shaken & intiminated by this idoit, I was not!! I keep talking back to him - which is not against the law and he told me I had better shut up!! SHUT UP?!?!?!? I will be damned if ANYONE tries to tell me I cannot stand up for myself and my elderly parents!

Finally, after I was in the car, he just kept on verbally trying to intiminate me. And, I told him what I thought of him & him threatening me. He stood in front of the car and told me to get out because he was writing me a ticket. I gave him my license & he stood there for 5 minutes trying to figure out what to ticket me with - fricking stupid person!!!

He, finally, ticketed me with being in the driving lane - which, of course, he was standing in front of us so we could not leave! I told him it was going to be a pleasure she him in court as I KNEW I, or my parents, had done NOTHING illegal!! Mom, and I, went to court that day. But the STUPID COP did not show up so everything was dismissed - what a fricking jerk!

It only took us 15 minutes in court for this to be thrown out. But it was worth it! It was a shame he did not show up!! I had a legit argument with a cop that was throwing his 'weight' around with 2 elder people & then with me when I came & questioned what he was doing.

I do not believe all cops are like this. But it seems more & more they just want to control the public rathar than talking to them with proper respect!!

That cop should have just let her sign the damn ticket...she should have just shut up & then filed a lawsuit based upon the so-called need to sign a ticket!!

So much for STUPID PEOPLE!! I see them everywhere nowdays & yes to this last poster - the dumbing down of our citizens has been going on for decades! I see it all the time with some posters here at ATS. People have been taught to just circum to any 'authority' type - no questions asked!! No wonder this country is in the state it is today - IT'S ALL THE FRICKING STUPID PEOPLE.........

Thanks for letting me rant.

EDITED: To include that I researched the signing the ticket thingy. Though it is NOT against the law to not sign a ticket. A cop can decide to just arrest you at that point because he may think that means you will not show in court. I still think this is stupid because if anyone decides NOT to go to court for a ticket they did not sign would just make things really bad for them selves.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Champagne]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

Plus, if she dared him to shoot her, was he willing to do that also?! What does a dare have to do with anything? The tazer is supposed to be used in lieu of lethal force, so can he justify shooting her dead in this instance? If not, then he is in the wrong!

Judge, "Why did you shoot the great-grandmother sir?"

Cop, "She dared me."

Judge, "Was it a triple-dog dare, or just your garden variety?"

Cop, "No, it was just your normal-type dare, but she did raise her voice."

Judge, "When she raised her voice, did she insult your mother, or call you a sissy?"

Cop, "No, she just yelled some and danced around a lot, I don't think she knows my mother."

Judge, "Guilty! A dare is not a valid justification unless it includes "sissy" remarks, insults to your mother, or escalates to a "Triple-dog Dare", case closed!"

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Went through all the pages in this thread and, mabe I missed it, but didn't notice the video of this grandmother getting tased, so, here it is, ...

Texas cop Tasers 72 year old, great-grandmother

[SARCASM] She was pretty threatening, wasn't she! [/SARCASM]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

Hey good for you standing up to that bully with a badge. Thank goodness the cops have dashcams now to protect us from their brutality. It is the only thing that holds them back but sometimes they just can't help themselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I am linking video footage which shows the whole thing from the beginning. The cop opened the grandma's door to arrest her, for not signing a ticket which is ridiculous, so that is the reason she is out of the car to begin with.

But the thing you need to see is the interview near the end of his sargeant major, and hear what this creep says about hiw OWN mother who is 77.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I had not seen the video until just now on the news and just knew the whole thing would be posted here.

If this prick was big and bad enough to shove her like that there is no reason he could not cuff her, none at all. You could hear the taser clicking as she was laying on the ground and the bastard threatened to do it again.

I would like to say a whole lot more, but since the T&C is so clear, I guess I can't.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Great granny should consider herself fortunate to not have been stopped by the two cops in Blue Ash, Ohio. They not only tasered the lil barking chihuahua, they shot it three times.

When did I become aware of all these overkill actions by cops? I guess it was when Rodney King was brutalized in L.A. and I saw the video on TV. At the time I figured, well, the dummy should have just remained motionless and quit trying to get up. But, then I thought, gee, the cops kept kicking him, etc. Who wouldn't try to get out of that situation? And then I see the kid in California who ran from the police, realized he had no where to go for escape and laid down on the ground, handse extended away from his body and surrendered and still got kicked in the head.

Police are really getting out of hand it seems to me. And some of them can't even handle a granny.

or a lil barking dog.

I wonder what might happen to me the next time I refuse to have my car searched by a deputy, having been stopped for just for driving with an inoperable taillight? It might not work out so well for me the next time from all I have been seeing and hearing lately. It is a bit scary, don't ya think?
Have you ever seen the video of that cop who stopped a guy for speeding and the guy went completely bonkers? The driver tore up his ticket and threw it on the ground, ranted and raved, insulted the cop, etc. Yet the cop kept calm and eventually difused the situation. And the cop got the guy to clean up the litter as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I had not seen the video until just now on the news and just knew the whole thing would be posted here.

If this prick was big and bad enough to shove her like that there is no reason he could not cuff her, none at all. You could hear the taser clicking as she was laying on the ground and the bastard threatened to do it again.

I would like to say a whole lot more, but since the T&C is so clear, I guess I can't.

If you saw the entire video which most people have not (see about 2-3 posts above where I linked it), you will also see that the cop opened her door and ordered her out of the vehicle to arrest her, JUST because she wouldn't sign the ticket. Can you imagine, a thug cop wanting to arrest an old woman who didn't want to sign a ticket? Not signing doesn't mean you don't have to pay it.

This is a sign of the times. 20 years ago there is no way the public would have stood for such a thing, I don't think any cop would have even tried this, but they are being pushed to get a very heavy hand with Joe Public.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I didn't find a video of them tazering a chihuahua yet but I don't doubt it. I did find this video which is hard to watch, of an innocent family being pulled over on the highway and forced outside to lie on the ground, and their family dog being murdered.

This could happen to any one of us now.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I was under the impression that signing the ticket is essentially an agreement to show up in court without having to actually be arrested and processed in the meantime. If you don't sign it, you're not agreeing to show up on your own so you have to be brought in.

I'm not sure if that's true though.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I was under the impression that signing the ticket is essentially an agreement to show up in court without having to actually be arrested and processed in the meantime. If you don't sign it, you're not agreeing to show up on your own so you have to be brought in.

I'm not sure if that's true though.

I did some research and you are correct, signing the ticket is your promise to either pay the fine or appear in court and if you refuse you can be arrested. So the cop was in his legal right to order her from the vehicle and arrest her but it does not justify him tazering her.

I don't know though why you have to sign a ticket when they can ticket you from a camera shot. It's just a stupid law to give them more power than they need.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I just do NOT see the purpose of being so rude to cops over a traffic citation. If i get pulled over I am always very nice and pleasant, once in a while the cop may be a jerk but so what, I still remain nice and pleasant and the vast majority of the time they will be nice back.

They have a rough job, they have to deal with crazy/unpleasant/dangerous people all day long. If you are NOT one of those people just be polite for God's sake. How difficult is that? Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

If you had read the posts already made, you would have seen that I already posted on this in the edit I made in my post!!

EDITED: To include that I researched the signing the ticket thingy. Though it is NOT against the law to not sign a ticket. A cop can decide to just arrest you at that point because he may think that means you will not show in court. I still think this is stupid because if anyone decides NOT to go to court for a ticket they did not sign would just make things really bad for them selves.

Geesh........read, people, read!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I just do NOT see the purpose of being so rude to cops over a traffic citation. If i get pulled over I am always very nice and pleasant, once in a while the cop may be a jerk but so what, I still remain nice and pleasant and the vast majority of the time they will be nice back.

They have a rough job, they have to deal with crazy/unpleasant/dangerous people all day long. If you are NOT one of those people just be polite for God's sake. How difficult is that? Sheesh.

In other words, do not stand up for yourself & your rights?? Sorry, officers should be trained on how to deal with people in a respectful manner BEFORE just being taught how to bring someone down - IMHO, of course! And, who the hell am I?? Just a US citizen who, supposedly, has the US Constitution on my side........

What goes around comes around! If you, I do not care WHO you are, are disrespecting myself, my elderly parents, or anyone I care about.....you will not be shown respect in return! Especially if you are being paid with MY tax dollars to serve & protect me & mine!

Those who condone such behavior by TPTB are a big part of what is wrong with this country today! I will not tuck my tail & passively allow that kind of treatment from anyone. Police are paid to be respectful to common citizens and, in my opinion, a traffic law breaker is in no way on the same level as a criminal.

Most people who have to deal with the public daily can in no way treat someone disrespectful just because they had to deal with an asshole prior to that. They would be fired immediately as should any cop who behaves in such a manner.

What I am noticing is cops acting like this simply because someone is not acting exactly as the cop wants them to act! F that!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join