It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Great-Uncle Says President Visiting Concentration Camp Site for 'Political Reasons'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Obama's Great-Uncle Says President Visiting Concentration Camp Site for 'Political Reasons'

www.foxnews.com

Obama plans to visit Germany's Buchenwald site as part of his multi-country tour, which begins this week.

Charles Payne, Obama's great-uncle who helped liberate a sub-camp of Buchenwald during World War II, spoke frankly about the visit in an interview with Germany's Der Spiegel magazine.

Asked if Obama would be traveling in his footsteps, Payne said: "I don't buy that. ... This is a trip that he chose, not because of me I'm sure, but for political reasons."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.spiegel.de

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well l, I guess he's not going to Disneyland.

Barry's great-uncle did an interview w/ Der Spiegel that goes more in-depth on the subject than the recent Faux news article I posted.

This has alot of connections in many ways. I think it would be a good idea before this gets too carried away, that we should post SOLID facts.

I know that there's TONS of ATS'ers that have mountains of info to drop..

Personally, I think this is weird! It's what his great-uncle says during the Der Spiegel interview. Like how Barry has been thinking about this visit BEFORE he contacted Charles Payne (great-uncle). There's just alot of oddities that stick out...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
what's a great uncle? lol

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Seriously a great uncle would be my mothers or fathers uncle... who cares if he is going to Germany...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by iamjesusphish]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Gee, news flash people. He holds the highest political and executive governmental office in the USA. Most everything he does is for political reasons, wouldn't you think?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That was a very interesting interview. Not from the point of view of this man's relationship, or lack thereof, with Obama, but the story of an American Soldier who saw first hand the atrocities of the holocaust.

You ATS holocaust deniers and revisionists should read this interview.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
what's a great uncle? lol

A "Great Uncle" is the Brother of your Grandmother or Grandfather. I happen to have multiple "Great Uncles" myself, but I typically just refer to them as "Uncles".

NOTE: The term "Great Uncle" is often necessary in speech because it denotes an older figure, who might typically be around the age of your Grandparents, as opposed to an "Uncle" whom is more or less closer to the age of your Parents. The Prefix of "Great" is also used to refer to anyone older in lineage than your Grandparents, i.e., the Parents of your Grandparents are considered your "Great" Grandparents, and their parents in turn are your "Great, Great" Grandparents, and so on.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes, this is for political reasons. However, I would find it hard to believe that Obama does not personally enjoy or find a few of these experiences interesting. I would be honored to get the experience of going the places he gets to and meeting the people he gets to meet. I would imagine it's the same for him but he get's to do it as his job.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Let’s hope as part of Bogus Barry’s multi-country tour, that after he finishes visiting the inoperative Buchenwald concentration camp for “political reasons,” he might find some time on his busy social agenda to visit the operative Gaza and West Bank concentration camps for “humanitarian reasons.” It would also be a considerate gesture, at tax-payers expense of course, for Sham Rahm to accompany him.

No respect for counterfeit sell-out clowns, or the self-serving governments / greedy special interest groups that they represent.

Peace on Earth!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Gee, news flash people. He holds the highest political and executive governmental office in the USA. Most everything he does is for political reasons, wouldn't you think?

Shocking isn't it?

We don't really need a "great uncle" to enlighten us about how and when a President is playing some mild politics. It is simply his opinion anyway and no more valid than my own since we aren't inside Obamas' head or heart, but I am sure he is possibly correct. Attributing political reasonings to the actions of a politician is the easiest thing to do.

To that I say...SO WHAT?

Obama isn't doing anything that any other President hasn't in some fashion.
Honestly...I thought they all look ridiculous when they do these sort of things on film or for the cameras but it's part of the game.

- Walk over to monument.
- Pause.
- Look pensive/concerned/disturbed.
- Look at a camera.
- Go back to the White House.

I suppose we could go through and make asinine assumptions regarding which one's "really meant it" when they visited the Wailing Wall or what have you, but that would probably end up being as ridiculously partisan as this article.

The opinions of Obama's relatives only matter when they can be used to cast aspersions on him.

Lets twist this around for those pouncing on this.
What if the article read:

Obama's Great Uncle says he IS a US citizen!

Would you believe him?
Would the birth certificate issue die?
Would "MOX" News run the article?

Worthless FOX hit piece.

- Lee

top topics

join