It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi warnings prompted Obama's reversal on detainee photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Iraqi warnings prompted Obama's reversal on detainee photos

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama reversed his decision to release detainee abuse photos from Iraq and Afghanistan after Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki warned that Iraq would erupt into violence and Iraqis would demand that U.S. troops withdraw from Iraq a year earlier than planned, two U.S. military officers, a senior defense official and a State Department official told McClatchy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe anyone would think that Iraqis would be upset to see photos of their fellow country men being abused by US forces (end sarcasim here).

More evidence that Obama and his administration are completely clueless when it comes to foreign affairs. It took the Iraqi government to talk some sense into them about this.

Lets face reality, like any other group, there will be bad apples in the military. I'm sure that there are less bad apples in the US armed forces than in the general population, but I think that you all would agree that there are elements of every large group that does stupid, malicious stuff.

Releasing those pictures does nothing but make the honorable American service men and women look bad, anger the muslim world, and creates distrust between the military and the man charged with leading them.

When U.S. officials told Maliki, "he went pale in the face," said a U.S. military official, who along with others requested anonymity because of the matter's sensitivity.

No wonder they are saying that the veterans returning from Iraq might become domestic terrorist. You fight and risk your life for this Country and this twit who has no business being the commander in cheif is creating situtation to make your life more dangerous.

Only three and half more years left, I'm counting the days.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-6-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nothing, no discussion, flaming, agreeing, or thought on this subject?

Oh well, I thought it was interesting.

join