It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-police chief convicted of racketeering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Ex-police chief convicted of racketeering

www.chicagobreakingnews.com

Former Melrose Park Police Chief Vito Scavo was convicted today at his racketeering and extortion trial by a federal jury that deliberated for just a few hours following a seven-week trial.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sometimes the cops are the criminals. I found this story about a former police chief convicted of shaking-down area businesses for work contracts as shocking! This guy was even bold enough to shake-down a child amusement park known as Kiddie Land.

Let me know, what you guys think about this, but c'mon an amusement park for children!! The area where this guy works is known for high mob activity and I wouldn't be surprised if he was mobbed up. Although, it doesn't say anything about mob ties in the article. Melrose Park is a suburb on the outskirts of the Chicago Metropolitan area.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

MBF

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think that my uncles shop borders on Melrose Park. He was called one night to shut off an alarm. The cops met him there and one went with him in the back to check to see if the shop had been broken into. The other stayed in the office and stole a microwave. The only problem is that it didn't work.
Served them right the CROOKS.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MBF

Cops stole your uncles microwave?

For some reason that sounds very unlikely. Why did he keep a microwave that didn't work? It costs more to fix them then to buy a new one at target.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I was expecting this article to be reffering to Summerville Georgia. I can still hope. That town's police dept and sheriff's dept are so corrupt, I did a thread on it here titled 'the dixie mafia, have you heard of them'. I guess it's every where.

MBF

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

He had set it on the refrigerator to be out of the way and just had not had the time to carry it to the dumpster. He said that he looked up at it as they went in the back and when they came back, it was gone.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MBF

Then they did him a favor instead of stealing it.

If someone breaks into my house and steals my trash I'm not going to claim anything was stolen.

MBF

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

That's what my uncle said. They saved him the trouble of taking it out. It was the principle of the thing that got him.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses. Welcome to Crook County.
Politics in Illinois are all screwed up. It has always been like this as long as I can remember. I'm not very proud of it that's for sure. These crooks make me want to lose my lunch.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MBF

So does your uncle claim they stole his trash or are you the one referring to his trash being stolen?

MBF

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

A little of both I guess.
He lived in Crook county and I live in Crook county, only about 900 miles away. It was bad here too. Several of the judges, DA and sheriffs in the area are going to prison. The biggest bunch of crooks you have ever seen. We have a new sheriff now and he looks like he is going to do some cleaning up. They are on his case for not writing enough tickets, but I don't think that is his main job. I think that his main job is to protect the people from the criminals.

new topics

top topics

join