It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look for Space Needle spotlight on Tuesday night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Look for Space Needle spotlight on Tuesday night

seattletimes.nwsource .com

To mark the launch of Microsoft's upgraded search engine Bing, the Space Needle will be sending a beam of light into the sky on Tuesday starting at 10 p.m. The company will also hoist a Microsoft Bing flag atop the needle.

While the preview of the Bing began today at www.bing.com, the company will wrap up some back-end engineering work, invisible to most users, and officially launch the search engine on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well it does seem slightly faster than google search engine, but perhaps if and when this develops it too will be plagued with speed issues. Although i am glad there are many other industries getting involved into this search engine market as google seems to have way too much at its disposal.

I only like to see the market spread as this only benefits the end user, that being us. I only hope they can provide the support required and allowing users more functionality without stupid applications which do nothing but to render a browser's speed to that of a snail.

seattletimes.nwsource .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well i forgot to add the link although the post has it listed within the article but i thought i should give it out here. As i said it does seem to be faster than Google but then again its upto every individual to try it out.

www.bing.com

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
is that gmt or different time zone?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well the searches are about twice as fast on my computer, opposed to google or any other web search but I don't see how it even matters since you're saving like half a second.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
is that gmt or different time zone?

I assume it will be in Seattle local time, but if there is anyone on or around that time and could take a snap shot, it would be cool to add it in here.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
lol i just want to watch it on the telly

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ok folks, I took this bing thing with a grain of salt and figured it is worth trying.

After 20 minutes of searching for random things on bing, I am actually QUITE impressed.

The image search is amazing it brings up more than 100 pics on the first page, and you can select around 200 as well.

The video search is just plain AMAZING as well, you can actually watch the entire video just by putting your mouse over the thumbnail on the search page, and it has sound as well.

I am actually very proud of microsoft for making this tool. They have my kudos after 20 minutes.

I am 35 miles from the space needle and maybe I can see the spotlight from here it is clear out. I am definatly going to try to look anyway.

This search engine is different and powerful.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hey ill be honest, i was very very impressed myself, but thought i refrain myself for saying so..hehe..but hey like you i too was like...oh , nice , very fast and quick response.

new topics

join