It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOR) Dialogue Open Revisited Writing Contest.[WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Yes indeed only three days left... WOOOOO If your holding out don't hold out much longer because you ain't got much time left.

Good luck to all!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Posted my entry. In before the deadline

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just a quick question. What is the criteria going to be in regards to judging all these great entries? I probably should have asked this prior to writing, but I was so caught up in the moment that it totally slipped my mind. Not that it matter s too much I suppose, it was all fun anyway. Good luck everyone!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
Just a quick question. What is the criteria going to be in regards to judging all these great entries?

The rules are listed in the very first post. The judges will have that to go on and the rest is up to them.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Ah okay, I saw the rules, just didn't know if maybe there was a guidance for the judges. Thanks mrwupy!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
At midnight EST this this contest shall officially be closed.

Better hurry if you have something to enter, this ones about over folks.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
And so it comes to a close. No more entries will be accepted after this moment and I wish luck to all that have entered.

If the judges will kindly send me their selections I will collate the results and make the announcement of the winners at the earliest possible time.

Thank you all for joining in and keeping the spirit of creative writing alive.

wupy

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sweet! good luck all I can't wait to see the results, lot's of great entries I've enjoyed reading, also picking up some great ideas for future works

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I just finished reading all the entries I had missed over the past few days. All I can say is WOW. The amount of intelligence and talent is overwhelming. I eventually felt stupid for wanting to leave comments over and over that said the same thing. So, instead, to all entrants....Great stories and I enjoyed them all!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Aw...I was looking forward to your comments!

You are right there is a lot of talent here, and it has motivated me to continue writing here. Next project is already in the works.

Good luck to everyone!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And I quote mrwupy, 7-31-2006

Originally posted by mrwupy
Drums fingers on the table and wonders if the winner is forthcoming

j/k! We know there is a lot to read!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I’d like to thank all the members to entered the dialogue only revisited writing challenge. Each of you expressed an amazing gift with the written word.

With 23 entries in this writing competition the judges all agree that it was both a joy to read and a nightmare to judge so much talent in one place. Still, Judging had to be done and at the end of the day it was agreed that the following were the best of the best.

1st place: Cameoii. Best of Intentions. 25,000 ATS Points.

2nd place: GuiltyByDesign. Walking after Midnight. 20,000 ATS Points.

3rdPlace: AccessDenied. With One Last Breath. 15,000 ATS Points.

The three Honorable mentions will receive 5,000 points as well. They are:

Space cadet for Cry Baby, argentus for Everybody does it and jackflap for A Bad Day of Fishing Is Better Than.

Congratulations to the winners!

Thank you once again for being a part of ATS and the writing forums in particular. Hopefully we’ll have a new competition running soon and you’ll be able to express yourselves once again.

mrwupy

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Congrats to you all!!! I would not have wanted to judge this contest!!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say...Thank you, judges. Your job was much harder than writing a story. This was a really great contest idea. I wish several of our authors would continue on with their stories. There are so many that left me wanting more! Congrats everyone!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Congratulations Cameoii. Yours was a great story.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Congratulations Cameoii! You story was my #1 pick. Well deserved

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners and a huge thank you to all who contributed.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Congratulations Cameoii for an awesome story! That goes for everyone who entered the contest. I believe someone already said that they would not have wanted to judge this contest and I agree wholeheartedly!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks to the judges and Mrwupy for hosting the contest! I'm honored to have been given an honorable mention -- just noticed ;o)

As Jackflap said, I also wouldn't have wanted to judge all this great writing. You all are an inspiration!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Outstanding Choices for the DOR Contest, Thanks again Judges, mrwupy, and staff, Congrats to all who Entered I enjoyed all of your stories, A well deserved High Five for the Lot of You!!!

I can't say enough how exciting these Contests are for me, and I'm waiting by my keyboard for the next one

To all new Participants I was told to keep writing by the wonderful people who manage this forum and I'm passing this message on to you as well,.. (the stories begin to flow freely when you do)

To winner #2 I really, really, enjoyed your story and I hope that you continue this tale, and just so you know I did add extra scenes to my own story One Contest ago and yes people do stop by every now and then to read your work

My other Top Picks aren't on the list but this one -> Asylum will have a special place in my Book of Horror

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join