It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOR) Dialogue Open Revisited Writing Contest.[WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I'm all in mrwupy,

My short story is called Murdoch Matinee, and I'm about halfway through the DOR reading list... so let me say to the participants "I'M Enjoying ALL of YOUR Stories"

I had to redo a few sentences after reading Asylum: (this one hit the nail on the head with my Character), but I won't and can't complain anymore about it
because it's posted now.

I'll likely be away for a moment so feel free to Check it out folks and let me know if you figured out what happened before the ending

be sure to leave a post or two if you will.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's time, once again, to toss some of my mumbled writings into the mess of perfection that is the usual ATS Writing Contest.

Afterall, my writing prime is right in front of me, and I need to take as much advantage of it as I can.

Expect to see one of my stories in this one folks!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Oh wow! I'm so glad I saw this today! Looks like I still have time to whip something up......what fun!

Any specifications to context? I hang on the dark side

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh jeez, I am so lame..........! Where do we send the submissions? I didn't see that info anywhere, although I am sure I just missed it

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Added: NEVERMIND, it's just a little to early for me. I presume we post them in 'short stories' with the (DOR) prefix....yes? Okay, all better now!

(See, I can just submit a conversation with myself! Muhahahahah!
)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

I know the feeling

You got it thought, start your thread here in Short Stories, add DOR as a prefix and well the rules are the rules, Dialogue only, minimum 500 words, one entry only and it has be in by June 30th.

Good luck

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Thank you WW, I was only one cup of coffee in when I started reading...

Really great submissions so far, I'm impressed!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Can we use anything other than dialog? For instance if I say a location and time is that acceptable?

Edit to say, how to spell forinstance? It just 'looks' wrong...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by antar]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

If you take a look at my (non)entry, you'll see a number of qualifiers denoting the emphasis in speech (ie. softly).

I see no reason why you couldn't do the same with time or place as long as it isn't a sentence. Anything more would no longer be 'dialogue only'.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I support Masqua's point here. The contest is dialogue only, but I doubt the judges will ding you for a little supporting structure.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Well alright then. I was wondering about the finer details of the Dialogue Open rules.

thanks for the clarification.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I made a submission (DOR)Nature's reminder on June 10th. Sorry for the delay in posting here.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This ought to be very interesting. I just posted mine here and look forward to reading all the others!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

You have an urgent U2U

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Including today you have seven days to get your story in. Best hurry for the clock's a tickin'

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Please allow me to apologize to all involved in (DOR) Dialog Open Revisited Writing Contest.

My entry contained some blatant plagiarism from the www. and my T&C infraction was found out and my writer status was revoked.

I meant no disrespect to any of the other contest entrants, participants or sponsers of the contest.

Let my example be a lesson. Abide by the T&C and Don't drink and post.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi all. Thought I would give it a try. It's called (DOR) It's often too late

My first attempt, so go easy on me!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
okay
i am going unashamedly promote my (DOR) entry!
The untitled unfinished assigment
there is no death or destruction or darkness, just a dream.
what was the dream about?
its my first story for you guys, i am nervous, but i hope to send more musings...

I am enjoying everybody's stories so far!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I had to try my hand at this. This is a great idea and I do love writing stories. I hope I did it right. Thanks for the contest!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am still illiterate when it comes to using the tools for posting. The story is called (DOR)A Bad Of Fishing Is Better Then

[edit on 26-6-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

This one's about to wrap up mrwupy,

I'd hate to Siphon through this Collage of Art, Suffering, Joy, Pleasure, and Mystery then figure out what's my best Choice, so Kudos to the Judges for their insights.

I've read all Stories up to this point and if I didn't leave a message I did slip something under the DOR

<< 1    3  4 >>

join