It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOR) Dialogue Open Revisited Writing Contest.[WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In July of 2006 the writing forums had the (DOC) Dialogue Open Challenge writing contest. After more than a few requests we now return to that format for our latest contest:

The Dialogue Open Revisited Writing Contest.

The rules are simple:

1. A minimum of 500 words.
2. Dialogue ONLY.
3. Each entry must have the prefix (DOR) before the title.
4. Entries must be submitted by midnight June 30, 2009.
5. One submission per contestant.

Prizes awarded shall be

1st place: 25,000 ATS Points.
2nd Place 20,000 ATS Points.
3rd Place 15,000 ATS Points.

Along with honorable mentions and special recognitions.

All Entrants will receive writer’s status regardless of how they finish in the contest.

Five members whose identities shall be known only to myself, the facilitator of the contest, will judge. If you are willing to be a judge, I am taking applications right now for those positions. Please U2U me if you are willing to take on the responsibility.

Have fun and I look forward to everyone’s contributions.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Excellent.

You can count on a submission by me, even though I insist on not being considered by the judging panel.

Now, off to sharpen my felt tip pen.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
AWESOME!! I was so hoping to be able to enter a writing contest since I missed the last one...

Dialogue only
Oh yeah, I can do that.

But no he said she said verbiage...

Yeaaaah Thats a challenge
I CAN DO THAT!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If anyone is wondering just how the stories should go, Here's the story I entered in the DOC contest three years ago,

(DOC) Why Doesn't it Hurt?

Hopefully that will stir some creative juices.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Wonderful idea, and I love writing dialog so I might enter myself. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to reading the entries

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My computer froze after I wrote my story but while I was proof reading it. After it came back online I hit post as quick as I could so that I would be sure I did not lose it.

My question:

Can I edit it or is that a strict NO NO?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Cool idea
mine's in it's called Asylum it's dark, very dark but I wanted to take a different approach and and speak on the unspeakable, I hope you all enjoy it and also good luck to all entries!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I wish I may,
I wish I might
Enter this contest,
Cause I need to write!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
whaaa......MrWupy, can I try my hand at writing some amusing dialog?

MrWupy.....Sure whaaa, I think most of us around here would like to be amused.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That was enjoyable. I've never tried to write a story of all dialogue before. At first I thought it was pretty difficult, and then I just imagined a conversation.........

Great fun! Thanks for the opportunity

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Only dialogue is a real challenge. You have to paint a picture with only conversation. It's both fun but more challenging than most people realize.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ok, as you know I entered in Summer Camp and I was wondering if we can continue writing to expand our stories ?

If so what exactly would be judged, just our first post entry or would the whole thing be considered?

Also If it is ok to give more detail in our story after our original entry would we have to continue to abide by the dialogue only rules?

Thanks for your time and attention.

Be well

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

It so reminds me of the old radio broadcasts like Radio Mystery Theater, etc.
Explain that whole thing with words - so it’s almost like you can see it playing out before you.
Wonderful stuff that.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If you want to add onto the story with another post, that's up to you. Whether or not it will be considered is up to the judges. You should probably stick with the contest format simply because if the judges do consider it, and it's more than dialogue only, they might disqualify you.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Awesome. Thats for the quick answers. Knowing all this I shall leave my story as it is. for now.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Just one mook's opinion, titorite -- I think your story is a serious con-TEN-dah as it stands. As I told you, I love the tension that builds throughout the tale.

Don't let me influence you though. I only know what I'm talking about 23.7% of the time.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
We do still have a few slots open for the judging, if anyone wants to volunteer.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This reminds me of a writing exercise we did in Junior High, our task was to write a horror story entirely in dialogue. Mine was about werewolves from what I can recall.

Better look out everybody, because I got an A+ on that one!

I don't think I'll write about werewolves this time around though, I've got something else cooking. I'll put it to paper, so to speak, in the morning.

These writing contests ALWAYS get me excited, and is pretty much the only thing that forces me to think creatively these days. I haven't been writing nearly so much as I used to.

It's an enjoyable hobby, for sure, and not nearly as self-destructive as some of my other hobbies.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well, I added mine earlier today, and now I finally get a chance to go read the others. Judging by the last contest, there's going to be alot of very good stories!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well I'm going to try this one, I could always use the practice when it comes to writing dialogue and properly expressing emotions and settings without a narrative... of course I'll be a non entry like Masqua..

good entries so far

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join