It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology: The Monster behind the cult

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So, you don't consider accusing people of crimes when they dispute you, to be somewhat mentally abusive then?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Hello, I've never met a Scientologist. Can you tell us some more positive things about the processes?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan
reply to post by l_e_cox

Hello, I've never met a Scientologist. Can you tell us some more positive things about the processes?

That is WAY too obvious.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Obvious? Are you implying that I am a fellow Scientologist? I am not. I am just another regular person with no agenda.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If you guys want a lil more info on just how corrupt and utter BS the CO$ actually is. Go surf __._ for the mandates and books that have been leaked from the Scientology cult. operating thetan manuals and such. Any halfway intelligent person could see right through the nonsense.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I hope France outlaws them, would be a good example for other nations.

if that doesn't happen I don't know what they have done to avoid it.

I have some clues but I can't speak about this yet.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
Funny how people react to this thread...

if the thread title was Christianity: The MONSTER behind the cult, everybody will be calling it bloody hate Speech.

Before you "expose" the monster of Scientology, please expose the monster that has been around for 2,000 years.

I am not a Christian per se. But I need to address this. Most Christians I have met have been nice, tolerant people. Sure, there are those annoying ones who want you to hold their hand as the both of you raise your hands high and yell, "Praise the Lord." Or the worse ones who spew hate - but they are really few and far between overall (yes, areas have varying concentrations of these, but overall, they are rare.

My point is this, if you take percentages, Christians do not physically harass those who leave the church. Nor do they harass the press. Nor do they break into people's houses and hotel rooms and offices of government... ALL of which Scientology, by the percentages, DOES do. Documented.

So the title of this thread fits. The title you brought up does not.

[edit on 6/2/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

if the thread title was Christianity: The MONSTER behind the cult, everybody will be calling it bloody hate Speech.

Before you "expose" the monster of Scientology, please expose the monster that has been around for 2,000 years.

I whole heartedly agree, a cult is a cult if your in it it's a religion if you're not then you can see it for what it is, a cult.

On the face of it Scientology would appear more deviceive and dangerous than the cult of xtianity, however when you look a little closer, there isn't a great deal of difference. You don't need different pigeon holes for different delusions they can all be lumped in together.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The difference here is that this particular thread is about
Scientology and not about a religion. You see, l. ron himself said it wasn't a
religion....at least in the beginning before he wanted tax free money that is.

If you'd like to start a thread about christianity, please feel free to do so.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I've always despised this cult. Fully intended to join the Anon protests last year, but failed through my own busy life.

People need to make sure as many people know about this cult as possible,

I agree. That was my whole goal here. Simply to spread the word. That's one of the reasons I like the Anon protests. They're willing to take a stand for us against oppression.

Every parent on Earth has to aware that the cult is going after the kids. They'll do it through paying for camps, mentoring, "spiritual" information, leaflets, drug awareness, you name it there'll be there in a front group pushing their agenda.

Very true and this is also one of the ways that muslim extremists (aka terrorists) spread their hate. Notice how close to a terrorist group, scientology seems to be?

Have a search for their seminar on youtube, where their freak of a leader describes their military attack on modern medicine. That alone should scare the crap out of the American government.

And, at your earliest opportunity, check to see if there is an "org" in your state, and then push for it to be closed.

I'm going to look into that. We all should be able to find that info through www.xenu.net . I'll let you know what I find.

Seriously, this is one of the most evil and dangerous cults on Earth.

I completely agree !

And, expect a member of their propaganda force to pop in here any moment now. They get everywhere. They spend their days in an office chair on-line attacking any person who states anything against the Co$.

I'm surprised one hasn't popped up yet. I'm also waiting for a vailed u2u threat from one but haven't received it yet. If I do indeed get one, I'll let everyone know along with ATS staff.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

My point is this, if you take percentages, Christians do not physically harass those who leave the church.

So you've never heard of heracy ? Or do you mean xtians have been prevented from doing this (what they did habitually for centuries) because if they weren't they still would ?

There is ample evidence of xtians emotionally harassing those who leave their, churches I've witnessed it myself, harassment is harassment.

Nor do they harass the press.

So when church leaders with influence in government insist that a given story or program should not be aired or printed, this is not harassment ?

Nor do they break into people's houses and hotel rooms and offices of government..

So George bush (representing the most xtian nation on earth) didn't ask god to help him out doing these very things and much worse across the planet, along with his prayer buddy Blaire ?

I won't have a go at Obama just yet a I can't quite figure out which cult he belongs to islam or xtianity, time will tell tho.

ALL of which Scientology, by the percentages, DOES do. Documented.

Yes and if they get a foot in the door of government they'll probably do a lot worse just like xtians have done when given a little power.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack

And, expect a member of their propaganda force to pop in here any moment now. They get everywhere. They spend their days in an office chair on-line attacking any person who states anything against the Co$.

Well there are not that many scientologists on ATS. So thinking that the one that pops in to defend himself is a part of the "propaganda force" is ignorant beyond belief.

Actually, not really. They have a complete cyber deterrent program. They constantly badger youtube to pull videos that don't show scientology in a positive light. If youtube fails to pull the videos, they send cease and desist orders or threaten law suits. These are very letigious people.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan
reply to post by slinkey10

That would explain why people high up like Cruise and Travolta stick with them.

I wonder if this is how Christianity began.

Consider auditing for a moment.

"Auditing" in the context of Scientology is an activity where a person trained in "auditing" listens and gives auditing commands to a subject, which Scientologists refer to as a "preclear".[citation needed] Critics of "auditing" have suggested that it has similarities with cult style programming and some behavior modification techniques which result in psychological manipulation of the subject. According to the Church of Scientology's official guidelines, all communications during auditing are confidential.

Auditing involves the use of "processes," which are sets of questions asked or directions given by an auditor. When the specific objective of any one "process" is achieved, the "process" is ended and another can then be used. By doing this, the subjects are said to be able to free themselves from unwanted barriers that inhibit their natural abilities.[citation needed] Scientologists state that the person being audited is completely aware of everything that happens and becomes even more alert as auditing progresses.[citation needed]

The auditor is obliged by the church's doctrine to maintain a strict code of conduct toward the preclear called the Auditor's Code.[citation needed] Auditing is said to be successful only when the auditor conducts himself in accordance with the Code. A violation of the Auditor's Code is considered a high crime under Scientology law.

The code outlines a series of 29 promises which include pledges:

1. “Not to evaluate for the preclear or tell him what he should think about his case in session”
2. “Not to invalidate the preclear’s case or gains in or out of session.”
3. “Never to use the secrets of a preclear divulged in session for punishment or personal gain.”

en.wikipedia.org...(Scientology)

Let's look a little closer at #3
An auditor needs to be told not to use information against a preclear....hmmm.
It doesn't take much to consider that auditors get people to say some pretty personal, possibly illegal things to clear their conscience, so to speak. Now it also doesn't take much to consider that these auditing sessions might be recorded.
Now let's say someone like Tom Cruise says something very personal that he wouldn't want the world to know about and they have it on tape.....see where I'm going? Might that explain why mr. cruise and others stick so closely to the church?

[edit on 2-6-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The saddest part about the success of cults like this is that there are so many people who are desperate or gullible enough to buy into this nonsense. Piety is definitely a good trait we could learn from the Asian culture, their monks make no money and accept no pay.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
Hey, guys.

I'm a Scientologist and I was in the Sea Org for over 25 years.

If it was really as bad as these ranters say there is no way I would have stayed that long.

Did you ever stop to step back and wonder why there is such a strong push against Hubbard and the groups he helped set up?

And so it begins

For those of you who didn't think a scientologist would show up, here they are !

Remember, he was one of the people who warned us about the NWO. That's back in 1967, before a lot of you were born and before the time when the stories and debate on the subject really got going.

Even if true, does that make up for all the evil he did and that was done in his name?

So, which side do you think Scientology is really on?

Their own. Nobody else's.

Are people being paid to concoct this stuff?

Haven't seen any evidence of this. Can you prove this is the case?

L. Ron Hubbard knew a lot of people. When he was in L.A. he knew all sorts of people connected with the entertainment business. He had friends and acquaintances at JPL. He knew psychiatrists. He knew criminals. And he knew a lot of honest and hard-working people, too. He was researching the human mind, after all.

Ya know what else he knew?

"MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE MORE MONEY."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 9 March 1972, MS OEC 384

"The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."

- L. Ron Hubbard, A MANUAL ON THE DISSEMINATION OF MATERIAL, 1955

Is this the man you actually want to follow???????

Some find his discoveries useful.

And some people think hitler was a hero. What's your point?

Others find them threatening.

Because scientology is a dangerous organization.

Since when can anyone survive without making money?

Since when do you need to harass, threaten, oppress and murder people to do it?

That was his financial advise to his organizations. No one over quotes his other advise to his organizations, which was, basically, to make money by providing excellent and valuable service to people who come in and want service.

So you're saying that even though he's said racist, evil things, it's ok because he's said some nice things too?

What is lost in the fray is that Hubbard came up with a technology that actually seems to work.

Could you provide statistics to back this statement up including double blind scientific trials utilizing neutral party scientists?

The NWO is very scared of this technology because it makes it very difficult for them to hide their crimes, and it gives people a way to recover from their abuses.

Well first, you'd have to prove that the NWO exists.
Then you'd have to provide evidence of existence of said technology.
Then you'd have to provide scientific studies that prove said technology works.

So I suggest the those who really want to deny ignorance give Scientology another chance.

Why would we do that? With all the bad things scientology has been involved in, why would we give it another chance? That's like telling the jews to give hitler another chance.

WARNING GRAPHIC

Here is a video about the UNFUNNY TRUTH about scientology. Can you contradict anything that is in this video...obviously with evidence

On a side note,
PLEASE EVERYONE WATCH THIS VIDEO BUT KEEP IN MIND THERE MAY BE GRAPHIC CONTENT.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
and more with the
How many crimes schpeel from scientologists

This lady is just making up charges to falsely accuse people.

What a nice organization

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
and just curious but why does scientology need a military ????

What are they planning on doing with it?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here's some inside info from an ex-scientologist.

They even show documents !

They even explain how to break in through door locks to steal info from their "enemies".

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have been fascinated by this cult for a long while. They deeply scare me because unlike many cults they have roots in the highest levels of organisations. They have access to listening technology and methods of breaking and entering provided by locksmiths who are scientologists. Just look at that women who's hosue they broke into, stole paper with her fingerpritns on and attempted to frame.

These people are dangerous.

They photograph protest crowds, follow protestors to their cars to get number plates, follow them to hotels. Oh and have you ever confronted one? I have. I asked some very basic questions, all were asked ina calm manner. They got so annoyed they started asking "what i was hiding" becasue to attack the church i must be hiding something. I was accused of being a murderer, rapist, apedophile and other such things, on the street in front of people.

You see that is how they shut people up, when you throw accusations like that around many people won't dare criticise, and the scientologists know it. They are adept at social engineering, they can find out all about you with their contacts.

Be very afraid of these people. Their own practices are designed to make members scared to leave. The auditing sessions draw out embarrassing secrets that the person doesn't want revealed. Step out of line? Well then you can easily be blackmailed. They're deranged.

EDIT

Oh and if anyone is interested as to how i know that they have locksmiths on the payroll i can tell you. I'm heavy into locksport (lockpicking as a hobby) and i have heard many stories from locksmiths and enthusiasts about how they were aggressively pursued to join. The scientologists need these kind of people. They know who they need, in which areas of business, politics, industry and most importantly fame and they go after them.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There is going to be a very large backlash we will see of Co$ within the next year. From 1998 to 2003 the hierarchy of the Co$ set up a group of insiders to 'target' the sons and daughters of those in places of power for the express purpose of gaining their own power to manipulate CEO's of major Corp. as well as those in elective office. They managed to step on some toes that they really should not have and it is about to come back and haunt them in a major way! Rumors have been floating around for more than a year now that several of the major law firms in both the US and the EU are waiting for the proper time to lower the boom on this cult and in one fell swoop take its monetary power away as well as its ability to function at all! I sincerely hope that this will come to pass. I have seen first hand the damage they can inflict on family and friends when one becomes a pawn of their making!

Zindo
I think this latest court case in France is just the beginning and being used to see who they use and how they intend to fight, then it will become a hail storm of hell that is unleashed on them!

[edit on 6/2/2009 by ZindoDoone]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join