It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology: The Monster behind the cult

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The founder of scientology is, what I consider, a MONSTER. Someone who's ambition for power was without bounds. This monster created one of the most evil and barbaric institutions of the 20th century.

Have the new leaders completely abandoned everything L. Ron stood for or have they expanded on what he preached ?

Let me start by posted L. Ron's own quotes. They are very telling as to how dangerous this cult really is.

If you've ever wondered what scientology is REALLY about, here is a quote that is very telling

"MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE MORE MONEY."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 9 March 1972, MS OEC 384

But L. Ron wasn't just interested in money. He wanted power. Ultimate power.

"Somebody some day will say �this is illegal.� By then be sure the orgs [Scientology organizations] say what is legal or not."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 4 January 1966, "LRH Relationship to Orgs"

Here L. Ron is actually stating that he wants to control the US government completely. How scarey is that?

L. Ron's plans could not be accomplished without completely stamping out all criticism and resistance. But surely a religious leader wouldn't think along those lines right? WRONG!

"Show me any person who is critical of us and I�ll show you crimes and intended crimes that would stand a magistrate�s hair on end."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin, 4 April 1965

"If attacked on some vulnerable point by anyone or anything or any organization, always find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 15 August 1960, Dept. of Govt. Affairs

"The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."

- L. Ron Hubbard, A MANUAL ON THE DISSEMINATION OF MATERIAL, 1955

Here L. Ron explains how it's ok to DESTROY critics UTTERLY.

People attack Scientology, I never forget it, always even the score. People attack auditors, or staff, or organisations, or me. I never forget until the slate is clear."

- L. Ron Hubbard, MANUAL OF JUSTICE, 1959

"So we listen. We add up associations of people with people. When a push against Scientology starts somewhere, we go over the people involved and weed them out. Push vanishes."

- L. Ron Hubbard, MANUAL OF JUSTICE, 1959

"ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 18 October 1967

[SP = Suppressive Person a.k.a. critic of Scientology]

"A truly Suppressive Person or group has no rights of any kind and actions taken against them are not punishable."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 1 March 1965, HCO (Division 1) "Ethics, Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists"

Here L. Ron has decided that the Constitution of the United States of America does not apply to scientologists. How scarey and dangerous does that sound?

MY point is that scientology is a dangerous cult that has 2 simple goals. Money and Power at the expense of it's own people. This information needs to get out to the general public so they cannot continue with their unscrupulous practices.

Please feel free to comment on what you've read and what your opinions are regarding scientology. If some critical people want to call this an attack on scientology, I have no problem with that.

www.xenu.net...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jfj123]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2 Jun 09 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Just thought i`d add these video`s to your thread . jfj123

They are rather revealing IMHO.
1967 Interview with Hubbard.

They have come a long way since the "cattle boat" days .
======================================

A biography of the founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard .
by Channel 4.

Google Video Link

[edit on 1-6-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Fantastic ! Thanks for the quality post !!
Good job !

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
imo, Hubbard uses all the same promises used to build the Third Reich. Most are well hidden by his invented nomenclature.

"Respected German historian Guido Knopp has compared a speech by US actor Tom Cruise to the Church of Scientology with a call to war by Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels. Knopp, an expert on World War II history, said in an interview with Bild newspaper: "Tom Cruise's manner calls to mind Goebbels."

If an entity were created whose purpose was to instill such concepts into American society, what better ploy than to hide it with archane nomenclature and secrets as a supposed american "Religion"

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

"Show me any person who is critical of us and I�ll show you crimes and intended crimes that would stand a magistrate�s hair on end." - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin, 4 April 1965

That quote explains the guys in this video, sorry I can't embed it.

Brainwashed Dudes

Nice Orwellian touch there by L. Ron, also, with the "intended crimes".

Scientology is sickening. It's too bad nothing can be done about them, although I wish they could get their church status revoked - that's a start. It's almost ridiculously obvious how it's a cult and not a church.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Look into the SeaOrg..Basicly there navy that isnt bound by laws,as it sails in intenational waters..

Co$..very bad stuff that blew my mind,when i researched it..

Why isnt this organization under some kinda watch?As it has the very makings of a terroristic organization?..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have been a denison of the science fiction convention circuit for a long while, and it was told often that L. Ron once said to John W. Campbell Jr. at a convention party back in the day:

"If I wanted to get rich, I'd start a religion."

How serious can one take this scientology creppola after THAT?!?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
When I first heard about Co$ it just made me laugh, it's utterly ridiculous.
Then I began to wonder why so many people fell for it.
Then I began to feel sorry for all the poor fools who gave up so much of their savings to this 'Religion'.

But it was when I heard about Lisa McPherson I was totally angered, horrified & shocked - Co$ is some seriously scary dangerous sh*t.
www.lisamcpherson.org...

I totally agree with you OP 100% - S&F.
I have nothing but contempt for this organisation & believe that it should not be allowed to continue on the grounds of the open bullying the members conduct to any who criticise or question the ethics of the group.

To me it represents all the ugly things about humans; the worst a human can be, all the greed for money & power & hate toward others & yes - monstrous behaviour.

By all accounts L.Ron Hubbard was nothing more than a greedy pervert in his Sea Org days & his followers have become hypnotised into somehow thinking their behaviour is ok.
It is not.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
wow...thats the first time I ever seen L Ron...He looks like a reptilian!

but seriously...there appears to be some cultish stuff going on behind the scenes and the logic he uses and the system is nothing short of a cult of personality.

if it ever got to the point where scientology became a dominant ''religion'', than you would definitely have to use strategy against them to make them crumble from the inside. Orderliness can be a great thing, something that eludes me, but great nonetheless. However forced strict order without regard for human rights is insane. We live in a chaotic universe in a relatively small galaxy circling a relatively small sun on a rock we are here in this physical reality together. We are all here for our souls to grow, not to stagnate in homage to the likes of some off kilter goon.

It appears that scientology is purposefully slightly off the mark. While its great to know, and it's great to improve yourself, only a fool or brainwashed person would believe and have faith in scientology.

It's deceptive and adds another link in the fence that keeps the human race, as a collective entity, from attaining an evolution in mass consciousness. It makes it that much harder to explain to someone who is curious how religion and science are blind without each other without activating some type of cognitive dissonance in their brain due to their preconceptions of reality based on previous brainwashing and the connotative nature of language in regards to scientology both positive and negative.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It seems to me counterproductive to call it a church OR a religion.

It is a business. That's what end could be regulated and curtailed.

Yes, there's beliefs involved, geez, let anyone believe anything they want, but I don't know of any other religion that makes you spend money to learn about the religion. Scientology is like a big pyramid scheme disguised as a religion.

Leave the religion alone, go after the business.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

"Show me any person who is critical of us and I�ll show you crimes and intended crimes that would stand a magistrate�s hair on end." - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin, 4 April 1965

Brainwashed Dudes

Scientology is sickening. It's too bad nothing can be done about them, although I wish they could get their church status revoked - that's a start. It's almost ridiculously obvious how it's a cult and not a church.

I'm not sure nothing can be be done. Anonymous seems to be having some kind of effect on the organization.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Brainwashed Dudes

Here you go.
Hope that helps.
This is one of my favorite videos that show how scientologists try to intimidate others into silence.
Good post. Thanks

Oh, one other thing. When you watch the video, please note that when the scientologist who's verbally attacking the reporter, becomes stressed, he starts a rapid eye blinking pattern.

Now watch this video and notice the same pattern.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Maah whatever floats ur boat, people feel the 'need' to belong to a religion, no different to any other, but thats just me

But their self delusion of being 'right' is kinda scary, but as I said; any religion kinda professes the same ideology of being infallable:

[edit on 2-6-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I have been a denison of the science fiction convention circuit for a long while, and it was told often that L. Ron once said to John W. Campbell Jr. at a convention party back in the day:

"If I wanted to get rich, I'd start a religion."

How serious can one take this scientology creppola after THAT?!?

Good point.
Here's a relevant quote for you.

"I�d like to start a religion. That�s where the money is."

- L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach, in 1949; quoted by Eshbach in OVER MY SHOULDER: REFLECTIONS ON A SCIENCE FICTION ERA, Donald M. Grant Publisher. 1983

www.xenu.net...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Do yourself a favor and look into L Ron's days in the occult. There are some pretty interesting stories out there about him and his motives. He certainly does seem like a strange duck and not one to be followed. It is hard to imagine that people would be so willing to follow him based off of his own history. The amount of wealthy people that are in the church always made me think that it was some sort of a tax evasion scheme for the wealthy, but it seems like that isn't the case.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Re Hubbard and the Occult, read his own son's interview in Penthouse Magazine

Hubbard: Also, I've got to complete this by saying that he thought of himself as the Beast 666 incarnate.

Penthouse: The devil?

Hubbard: Yes. The Antichrist.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

From what I've read, even Aleister Crowley thought that Hubbard was off his rocker. There really is some interesting stuff out there on him when you dig around.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Here's a relevant quote for you.

"I�d like to start a religion. That�s where the money is."

- L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach, in 1949; quoted by Eshbach in OVER MY SHOULDER: REFLECTIONS ON A SCIENCE FICTION ERA, Donald M. Grant Publisher. 1983

www.xenu.net...

I suspect he passed on his views of starting a religion to get rich to more than one. I think the comment to Campbell was in like 1952ish. Can't remember specifically.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Funny how people react to this thread...

if the thread title was Christianity: The MONSTER behind the cult, everybody will be calling it bloody hate Speech.

Before you "expose" the monster of Scientology, please expose the monster that has been around for 2,000 years.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

Feel free to start your own thread attacking Christianity. You can also feel free to refute anything that has been posted in this thread. Scientologists are about the only people who actually consider this a religion, so in my opinion the comparison between the two isn't really a valid one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join