It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Political Expert: Nuclear Catastrophe 'Inevitable'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Russian Political Expert: Nuclear Catastrophe 'Inevitable'

en.rian.ru

MOSCOW, June 1 (RIA Novosti) - A Russian political expert has told RIA Novosti that the international community is not paying enough attention to the threat of an imminent nuclear catastrophe.

"Today we are rightly worried about problems such as the possible development of the economic crisis, a H1N1 pandemic, and ecological safety. However, humanity is not paying attention to the increasing potential for a nuclear catastrophe," said Vladimir Kulagin, professor of global politics...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This article sounds like NWO warning - From begin to the end...

"The possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists is being underestimated," he said, adding that global non-proliferation efforts were failing like never before.

- And then...

"...for example if the Koreas or Iran or some terrorists use a few warheads somewhere on the planet... Only then, it appears, will movement towards a nuclear zero and real nuclear safety begin."

- Sounds like NWO way to control with "World Peace"

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-6-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not everyone who is critical of North Korea and Iran is part of an evil NeoCon/Zionist/NWO scheme.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thank god we have doctor manhattan, the nukes wont even get off the ground

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

You're a dreamer. The nikes don't have to get off the ground. One nuke on a ship can pull up to a habour and explode. Or in a truck or on a train. It would be easy for a terrorist state to detonate a nuke in a public place. It doesn't have to be on an airbourne missle.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
reply to post by OKCBtard

You're a dreamer. The nikes don't have to get off the ground. One nuke on a ship can pull up to a habour and explode. Or in a truck or on a train. It would be easy for a terrorist state to detonate a nuke in a public place. It doesn't have to be on an airbourne missle.

Pretty sure you missed the point of his post.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
honestly i'm a little worried about nuclear war in my lifetime.
more and more enemies of the west have nukes but thats not nessecerily the danger. the west demands that they don't build this, don't test that, stop buying and selling uranium. why don't the world super powers lead by example and disarm and recyle all their nukes.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

That always works. Make yourself helpless so that the bullies of the world will see your good intentions. This is the kind of clear headed thinking that only government controlled education can deliver.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
then there will always be nukes.
makes you think how crappy our blue planet is.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
America has a policy of accepting one hit have they not, i thought during the clinton era, that happened. Clinton came out and said that they would take one hit as they where afraid of rogue people in former USSR at the time.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A Russian would know... the missing back packs are essentially all from Russia

he's right.... one day, maybe soon a city will blow somewhere

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

You can't have all of the super-powers in world dump their nukes and then HOPE that North Korea and Iran follow suit.

I've said this before, that would be like disarming all of the police and security personnel and HOPING that the criminals follow suit.

IMO, not a viable (or logical) approach.

PS - I am in favor of a nuclear-free world. We just need a better plan.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
well obviously not just chuck 'em all at once, but at least do a serious reduction instead of a measly 10 thousand or 2.
as long as theres nuke theres the threat so why doesn't all nuke owners wake the hell up and start getting it done.
you got a nuke and your more likely to be involved in nuclear war and who wins that...... thats right, noone.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Not everyone who is critical of North Korea and Iran is part of an evil NeoCon/Zionist/NWO scheme.

Hey Lucid Eyes, I just changed my mind. That evil NeoCon/Zionist/NWO scheme sounds like a fun organisation. Please could you send me an application form Mwuh hauh haw... :?)

I think your point will be lost on most here.

People who are trying to slur the debate with these connotations are doing the world a great disservice because the risk is real.

It ought not be a debate about one's politics. It ought to be a debate about how real the risk of a nuclear conflict is.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It's all about options. Some people believe everybody should be able to produce nuclear weapons because everybody should have the right to defend themselves. In reality we don't want a country to produce nuclear if that is going to be their best option for defense. MAD is a good concept because nobody is going to want to take the nuclear option, they are going to go with a less lethal option.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
honestly i'm a little worried about nuclear war in my lifetime.
more and more enemies of the west have nukes but thats not nessecerily the danger. the west demands that they don't build this, don't test that, stop buying and selling uranium. why don't the world super powers lead by example and disarm and recyle all their nukes.

The super powers should. And then make war on anyone who has nukes or tries to develope nukes. Sounds like a good plan. Or we can dispose of our nukes on those countries lol. Sounds like more war to me I dunno.

new topics

top topics

join