It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Audience Laughs at Geithner "strong dollar" talk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The question is who's the really dumb guy here?

Why is the chinese government still buying US treasuries?
Why do they do that? Don't they have a choice? Is the US government milking the chinese?
What an idiot!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

The admin is the dumb guy, the Chinese just financed the stimulus package and that is the last thing they are going to finance. At this point they already know that it will be cheaper for them to go ahead and take a loss by not financing anymore of our debt. If that is any indication of how bad the path we currently on is.

In other words, unless the Admin cuts spending drastically America is screwed. Well we are already screwed depending on what he does is going to determine if economic recovery is at all possible. It isn't looking so good.

As Zindo said this isn't going to turn out well if they keep the same delusional thoughts that we can spend out way out of this.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

The last time I saw a government run by retards of like stupidity was that of Hitler's group. Stupid men who could lie, deceive, pretend, and yet as dumb and as delusional as they come.

Folks, this will not end well.

That only means that the retards are us, not them. In fact, they are all incredibly smart IMO. We are the ones who let them deceive, lie, steal, and yet, we keep voting for them.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
The question is who's the really dumb guy here?

Why is the chinese government still buying US treasuries?
Why do they do that? Don't they have a choice? Is the US government milking the chinese?
What an idiot!

Actually the Chinese stopped buying long term Treasury bills, and is only buying short term Treasury bills. The long-term Chinese view of the U.S. Economy is bleak.

www.chinastakes.com...

China Sells US Long Term T-bills in Fear of Capital Outflow and Deficits
By CSC staff, Shanghai, Published: January 21,2009
China is increasing holding of short-term US treasury bills and reducing long-term bills out of the concern over capital outflow and more bond issuance brought by increasing deficit due to Obama’s economic rescue plan....

www.brookings.edu...

...the Chinese still need the U.S. export market and don't have much of an alternative to continue putting a large fraction of their reserve buildup into U.S. Treasuries. They have of course already shifted markedly into short-term Treasury bills rather than longer-term Treasury bonds, signaling their concerns about medium-term inflationary risks in the U.S.

I interpret some of the recent Chinese assertiveness on international economic policy issues as reflecting their frustration at the fact that their growth model will bind them even more strongly into an uncomfortable embrace with the U.S. They know they cannot do much about this in the short term (one to two years) but are trying very hard to get away from this in the medium term, including by doing everything they can to rebalance their growth pattern and work towards reordering the international monetary system....

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Thank you for that, A little sadistic humor was something I desperately needed.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

We're not broke, we're past broke.

Let the real estate market, manufacturing, and unemployment catch up.

You want to see a political/social ****storm?

If this union survives until another election in 2012, I'll be shocked.

We are in the toilet, and Obama just pushed the handle.

What a change.

You are just on the edge of how bad things are... Just wait till this fall. Everything will come to a lovely end then.

I am currently in the Pitchfork and Torch business. Slow right now, but just wait.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

reply to post by truthquest

Why can't we have a city-destroying meteor when we need one?

Who needs a meteor when you can manufacture and instigate WWIII? Sadly enough, it could end up being the only thing that saves us.

North Korea....Iran....Pakistan....time to cash in a new account.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Our country right now is in the hands of some of the greatest retards in the history of man.

The last time I saw a government run by retards of like stupidity was that of Hitler's group. Stupid men who could lie, deceive, pretend, and yet as dumb and as delusional as they come.

NOW you are starting to understand what ponerology is. Apply the same dynamic to all aspects of society, especially them military and corporate realms, and you will finally understand the root cause.

Yes, they are delusional, because for the most part they are psychopaths that only understand a reality they control! The only thing that is real to them is what they say is real.

I have interacted with this psychology, it's amazingly wierd, but this is how the higher ups tend to think. Again I mention the famous quote, atributed to Karl Rove and brought up by Ron Suskind:

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. "That's not the way the world really works anymore." He continued "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors ... and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.

* Ron Suskind, New York Times Magazine (October 17, 2004).

Source

This is the sad reality: The majority of high public officials are certifiably insane. Once people realize this is a stable human dynamic, that power not only corrupts but psychologically damages (or is sought after by those already damaged), only then will long term change be in sight and we can stop this ludicrously inefficient process of psychopath shuffling.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The gluttonous Illuminati and the covetous Bilderbergs are playing a game of high-stakes poker, with our lives. If they win America loses, and if they lose America wins.

China is the wild card. Chinese university students are no dummies, they can see through the wretched lies. This is a good thing, they are calling the NWO’s bluff.

Greedy Geithner is clearly, a man without a conscience and an unskilled card-shark that lacks common sense and street-wisdom.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Our country right now is in the hands of some of the greatest retards in the history of man.

Unfortunately, this same statement can be made of a great portion of the American population.

I try to talk to friends and family about these things and they still look at me as if I were barking mad. They can't bring themselves to see it.

Nobody wants to believe the ship is sinking so they will dance as long as the band continues to play.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
if you read the rueters article, it said the students laughed at his answer...maybe what came out of his mouth in chinese was "your asses are safe" instead of "your assets are safe". rueters never did say what the "question" was, could it have been a quip that was meant to be funny? i'm suspicious of this article, because it is incomplete.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What I find scary is the overwhelming love for Obama. When Bush was the president, people were able to see through a lot of the propaganda and understand that he was incompetent in many ways. After a couple of years of failure in Iraq and other places, even republicans were secretly angry at Bush and his buddies.

With Obama, people are so enamored with Him, that if you dare to criticize him they call you racist and dismiss you. I fear that when the American People wake up from this Obama Dream and see the truth, it will be too late and the damage will be irreparable.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You people have, obviously, all missed the point. The Reuters report states that:

His answer drew loud laughter from his student audience, reflecting skepticism in China about the wisdom of a developing country accumulating a vast stockpile of foreign reserves instead of spending the money to raise living standards at home.

You see, the Chinese students were laughing not at Timothy Giethner, nor at the US Government's economic policy. They were laughing due to their own skepticism of their own Chinese government's wisdom in building up foreign reserves instead of investing their money at home.

Nobody, and Reuters means NOBODY, would dare laugh at the American government. They absolutely MUST be laughing at those Chinese big-wigs with their funny hair-cuts and mincing walks.

The fact is, this is economic warfare. For a long time, I thought that China wouldn't cut their own throat by ditching dollar based assests. I've realized something.

When one goes to war, one does not engage the enemy thinking that one will suffer no losses. One realizes that one will suffer losses, but bets on the enemy loosing more.

When China finally pulls the rug out from under the US economy, China will loose a lot, along with everyone else in the world. But they are betting on the US loosing more than they do, making China the WINNER!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Still can't get the cool avatar image I made to display. I need to figure this out...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv
You people have, obviously, all missed the point. The Reuters report states that:

His answer drew loud laughter from his student audience, reflecting skepticism in China about the wisdom of a developing country accumulating a vast stockpile of foreign reserves instead of spending the money to raise living standards at home.

You see, the Chinese students were laughing not at Timothy Giethner, nor at the US Government's economic policy. They were laughing due to their own skepticism of their own Chinese government's wisdom in building up foreign reserves instead of investing their money at home.

Nobody, and Reuters means NOBODY, would dare laugh at the American government. They absolutely MUST be laughing at those Chinese big-wigs with their funny hair-cuts and mincing walks.

The fact is, this is economic warfare. For a long time, I thought that China wouldn't cut their own throat by ditching dollar based assests. I've realized something.

When one goes to war, one does not engage the enemy thinking that one will suffer no losses. One realizes that one will suffer losses, but bets on the enemy loosing more.

When China finally pulls the rug out from under the US economy, China will loose a lot, along with everyone else in the world. But they are betting on the US loosing more than they do, making China the WINNER!

inconserv i am not familiar with your posts though my first impression is that that post was sarcasm......when you say "obviously" and "nobody"(laughs at u.s gov)

This is propoganda at it's finest....damage control.....sheeple medicine....some drank it of course

the audience laughed.....and now the MEDIA has to Brainstorm to decide what they should write to make things appear good for america and bad for china..........news is spun every day (and why WOULDN'T it BE!!!!) ..............the reason they laughed is because they understand how much of a joke this man is.......

it was a clever little spin.....almost a jab at chinese policy....but just because the wisdom of china accumulating reserves to increase it's power /leverage over american decisons does not immediately increase the standard of living like other investment decisons might.......That does not change the fact they laughed at GEither strong dollar policy talk and they are skeptical of his strong dollar talk......GEEZ

[edit on 2-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
...Is the US government milking the chinese?

Oh dear God, we are really dead now because we all know Chinese milk is laced with deadly toxins.

This is further proof that the rest of the world prefers to have a US they can poke fun of and laugh at, versus a US they are angry with over some little thing.
I don't know about y'all but I prefer the phony outrage.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I agree with you in part but I must ask the following question. Who is more stupid, those is charge or the electorate for allowing all of this to happen? We the people have the power to stop this nonsense, yet we do nothing!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join