It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Hollow Earth Stuff.............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well its absolute nonsense BUT Admiral Byrd was sent by President Hoover to examine the potential of mining the Arctic poles for Uranium in about 1947.

He went "missing" for a few days, said he and his team got disorientated and ended up "Inside the Hollow Earth".

He wrote this little memo about his "missing" few days ..............

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

Its really interesting, absolute nonsense of course but it does make you wonder why Hoover had such faith in Byrd.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
No reason not to consider it though. Society tells you but it is never a fact. I am pretty sure the earth is not hollow though. Even though I think it may be reasonable. Anything's reasonable in this universe.

dz

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
That was a good read. I don't think it is credible, but nonetheless interesting.

The only thing I don't understand about the whole hollow earth thing, is how then do those who believe it explain continental shifting and volcano's?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
And of course an atmosphere and climates and day and night and the sun to give energy and clouds to provide rain and help from radiation and and and and ........... you really could go on and on.

But Admiral Byrd was a real big cheese in Hoovers day and that is THE interesting fact.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The hollow earth theorists believe that there is a sun in the middle and that there is an 800 mile thick crust. They also claim people are taller there. I don't believe it but that's there reasoning.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have a time life series on the unknown, and the hollow earth theory is talked about in there. They went into vast detail about Byrd. He had been trying to mount an expedition for about 20 years before the gov't sponsored him. He wanted to go to the north pole and prove the earth was hollow. Finally he gets to go, acting as though he's going purely to find uranium, and comes back saying he actually fell in. He had moved himself away from the hollow earth theorists about 5 years before he got his expedition. I think he was just keeping quiet, and he was going to find the hollow earth, wether it was there or not.

new topics

top topics

join