It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast, bright UFO overtakes International Space Station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Fast, bright UFO overtakes International Space Station

www.examiner.com

A bright and fast object seemingly "overtook" the International Space Station May 29, according to several witnesses observing from two different states, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness database.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
An ATS Thought Experiment

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I just found this it was pretty cool. There was a thread about an ATS thought experiment in skunworks that was going to take place around this date. It was a little early but it happened so i im not sure if the experiment is a success or not but it was pretty cool. I do not have much experience with the UFO Examiner but from what i read it looks like the normal UFO site. A lot of BS mixed up with some legit finds. Im not sure where this one fits in but I like te article.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Perhaps a pot shot by North Korea?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Well, If they had the capabilities it would not suprise me.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I saw the same thing, last year except the "object" intercepted the ISS from the SSW. The ISS was moving from the NW to the SE. After the object past by the ISS it did a large arch, changing directions to the east. It was moving fast, about twice the speed of the ISS from my observation. I reported it to one of the UFO reporting centers. A friend on the other side of town saw the same thing and called me to ask what the heck that object was..

[edit on 1-6-2009 by 38181]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think there was a lot of activity on sat night too.
Around 2.00 am sat night/sun morning me and my mate were sky watching when two lights appeared, very high up in atmosphere. they were about an inch apart too look at and both shone incredibly bright at the same time. They were stationary and lasted about 5 or 6 secs before dimming back to the same brightness of the stars around them, again at the same time. Then one moved a little closer & stopped.
We were gobsmacked by it and watched for another minute or so then they suddenly moved away together, keeping the same distance until they eventually were out of sight.

These were not satallites!!

The previous week we were spotting and watched a satallite like object just stop. I got bored of watching it after about five minutes as it just stayed there.

That was not a satallite!!

The previous sat night to that we counted 25 moving objects high amongst the stars within an hour, some arcing, some zig zagging, slowing down then speeding up, some flare up bright and fade.

Yes some are satallites but not all as they do not change direction, stop or start moving.

Another recent watch we had the brightest star in the sky, which we had been using as a reference to gauge moving objects by as it was stationary just start moving & was out of sight within a minute.

That wasnt a satallite either.

There is so much going on up there and every week we are seeing anomolies in the night sky, all of which i would say are high in the atmospohere.

Just look up on a clear night people because stuffs happening!

[edit on 1/6/09 by cropmuncher]

[edit on 1/6/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Yeah i know a lot of stuff has been comming up since may. My girlfriend and her mother who are not into the UFO thing by any stretch both told me about their recent sightings.

new topics

top topics

join