It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of Independence 2009

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Edrick

The cadence and tenor of your words strikes me as similar to another patriot I've heard. Adam Kokesh.

NOW we're talken!!!

It's still sugar coated a bit but not bad.

Do you think he is worried about getting into trouble?

No my friend he is looken for it.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Sounds promising, but drop the god nonsense. Keep religion out of politics.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Why yes... the original Declaration of Independence is QUITE outdated. The Declaration then was for the sole purpose of declaring our break from a common enemy, an enemy that today we no longer have.

The original Declaration can not account for the travesties thrust upon us by our own government today and while you say our forefathers would "piss upon" this document, I believe that the forefathers would "piss upon us" for taking this long to accomplish anything.

Remember, the Declaration of Independence is what paved the way for the REAL document we should be faithful to, the one that has been underminded by all in power today - The Constitution.

I would much rather give faith to a new Declaration that sit around and do nother as the powers that be crumble the old one to dust before our very eyes.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Good morning ATSers,

I say we start going out to the streets, and getting people to sign this petition.

I will be going to the heart of my city and passing out copies of this document to everyone, with the petition link and collecting signatures.

I just want to know how it should be done, and what i needed to get from people, where to place these signatures when i am done collecting them if i collect any at all.

during the next tea party protest in my area, i will be making a bunch of copies as well for people to read & sign.

U2U me with information on how the information should be collected to make the signatures valid and where to send them to when collected.

~Ugie

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Please stop trolling this thread. You're not adding anything. All you're doing is insulting a modest effort, and for what? So you can feel superior behind a keyboard? Get some tact.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Again, this was written in the spirit of the original. God and religion are two different things. I didn't say Jesus, or Mohammad. I used the neutral term "God of Nature".

Besides, the vast majority of Americans are religious in one way or the other. Changing it to suit a minority would be nitpicking.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
By you working on such a thing you admitting you do not sympathize with Americas current Declaration, you are implying that our true Declaration of Independence is outdated crap that is as useful as toilet paper.

I think somebody is getting the Declaration of Independence confused with the Constitution. The "current" Declaration was to declare independence from Great Britain, you are aware of that right? So, it served it's purpose and is a very important document in our history, but unless you think that there's a chance the red coats are loading their muskets, and waiting to board ships as soon as this declaration replaces the old one, then you're criticism is unfounded.

This is a symbolic way to let the Fed know that we are not the stupid cattle they think we are, it's not about starting a war. It's utilizing the format of a an historic document that was used when a governing entity did not treat the people fairly, and they had enough. This may fizzle, or it may become a large movement. But it's not meant to be violent, we are not extremists, we are average Americans that are tired of being shat on. Times are not the same, and our leaders are yuppie cowards, i don't think they have the balls to start a war on their own people. In my opinion, if we can stop their ability to marginalize us as a fringe, and get past their distraction techniques, we can restore this country to what it was meant to be, without violence.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How about trying to get this Adam Kokesh to read it for the youtube vid?

Seems he would be a good choice for this material.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
well done it's high time a document such as this was put foward. i commend your thoughts and actions. this document is exactly what is needed now as the fed runs wid in our country. star and flag from me.

/sign

ps popular speech doesnt need to be protected so dont be afraid for speaking the truth as your well within your rights.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Just want to let you know I posted this on my profile. I hope everyone takes a serious look at this.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by Izarith

Why yes... the original Declaration of Independence is QUITE outdated. The Declaration then was for the sole purpose of declaring our break from a common enemy, an enemy that today we no longer have.

The original Declaration can not account for the travesties thrust upon us by our own government today and while you say our forefathers would "piss upon" this document, I believe that the forefathers would "piss upon us" for taking this long to accomplish anything.

Remember, the Declaration of Independence is what paved the way for the REAL document we should be faithful to, the one that has been underminded by all in power today - The Constitution.

I would much rather give faith to a new Declaration that sit around and do nother as the powers that be crumble the old one to dust before our very eyes.

That's like saying the way you are typing, and your avatar are out dated!!

They are not.

The only entity crumbling the old one to dust before our very eyes is us dude by trying to declare ourselves independent of what? Us? America is supposed to be by the people and trust me it is. The only problem is we are all spineless idiots who would sell the work of the dead for credit and safety.

The problem is not the government, how could it be. Government is a tool like a car is a tool and you all want to, in you lunacy, declare yourselves independent of the car you can not dive.

TA!! Izzy

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

It's yours now, do with it what you feel is right.

I didn't write this for me. I wrote it so that others may be reminded of what the American culture truly is. I've heard so many people say that America lacks history and culture, I beg to differ. From the moment my feet hit the tarmac I knew I was in a wholly different place, and it has shaped who I am and what I believe in today. We have a culture of freedom, of self expression, thought, life, and the individual right to protect it. Not from the Constitution, this, or any other declaration, but from the creative force that allows our existence, whatever it may be, and no government authority can challenge that, and none should dare unless they wish to limit their existence. Humans are a patient bunch, but eventually that patience runs out. My patience has run out. American government officials have been saying for decades that we are fighting for freedom everywhere, and yet the vast majority of the world is less free today and we at home are watching the cage doors close. Most of us blindly.

Don't forget that America has it's own identity, and always will, if we fight to keep it that is.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

As the government continues to subvert the will of the people at every turn it has become and will continue to transform into an entity serving only it's own interests. Why don't you try researching the list of grievances in this piece? Then come back and tell me it's a government for the people. I'm not selling anything, I'm expressing my frustration, with the inspiration of history to guide me. It is obvious you've done little study in the history of the Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence. There is historical precedent and authority for what I wrote and I won't back down from it, shy away from it, or apologize for it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Izarith

Please stop trolling this thread. You're not adding anything. All you're doing is insulting a modest effort, and for what? So you can feel superior behind a keyboard? Get some tact.

Because you said it your self the effort is no more than MODEST!!!

So do a little reading up on Mister Hancock pleas because I was actually being nice. I actually think Hancock would have slit your throat for making a mockery of those who are defiant, Washington was a total ball busting nut and would have black balled your whole family.

Do you even have the slightest idea why Hancock's signature was the biggest one on the document?

I don't think I'm superior. I think I'm a lot like you, we both know modesty when we see it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

What I list are grievances of the Federal Governments' violations of the Constitution, and the Rights of the States and of the People. That's what John Hancock put his name on. I don't think this flagrant violation of our rights that the Federal government has gotten away with was in any way his or any of the founding father's ideas. The Document itself is a legal document which helped set the precedent for the Bill of Rights, among many texts holy and scholarly, and in it is the reserved the right of the people to declare themselves separate from powers oppressive to the cause of liberty, today that is the Federal Government.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Izarith

As the government continues to subvert the will of the people at every turn it has become and will continue to transform into an entity serving only it's own interests. Why don't you try researching the list of grievances in this piece? Then come back and tell me it's a government for the people. I'm not selling anything, I'm expressing my frustration, with the inspiration of history to guide me. It is obvious you've done little study in the history of the Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence. There is historical precedent and authority for what I wrote and I won't back down from it, shy away from it, or apologize for it.

Dude I do know american history it's descusting!!

And I don't even like the constitution But it's better that what you people could come up with. If you take the time to look a bit deeper into Pre Union history I'm sure you would see that all the founding fathers did was become the new Briton. They rallied people by complaining about the spirit tax only to impose it after the war to pay for the war. Ben Frank detested the constitution because it did not even have a bill of rights but I like him faced the fact that it was better than nothing.

But about our current government. The only reason the banks running the show continue to subvert us because we are bitch slave minded people. We subvert ourselves then say it was the boggy man. You want your country back just stop giving it away for crying out loud!!!

TA!! Izzy

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
The problem is not the government, how could it be. Government is a tool like a car is a tool and you all want to, in you lunacy, declare yourselves independent of the car you can not dive.

What you have said are the words of an idiot. I'm not sure if you are just a really young kid, let say, 12, or just are unfamiliar with history.

First, the original declaration of independence was to separate the colonies from British rule. It listed the grievances and crimes of the king.

This concept new declaration does not invalidate the original. It is completely separate but in the same spirit of American Liberty.

Now, to try to explain things to you using your car/tool analogy:

Yes, government is a tool of the people. The way it works, the people, both directly and indirectly decided who will wield that tool. Now, if the process for choosing the persons of power becomes corrupted, or those in power abuse, misuse or betray their duty and the people, the people can and should rightfully separate themselves from said abusers.

The USA is all too often misunderstood to be a nation like all other nations of the world. We are not. We are a collective of individual sovereign states. Joined together for mutual protection and support. The states do retain their sovereignty no matter what. Thus, such a declaration is saying the collective is not mutually beneficial to the cause of liberty.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

This isn't about the damn banks kid, this is about the very fabric of American culture, the way of liberty. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You don't even like the Constitution? What about the Bill of Rights portion of the Constitution? Not good enough for you? Can you name the influences that the founding fathers drew on to construct the Declaration and shape the Constitution we follow today?

What is it about this that bothers you so much? And why do you keep talking about slitting my throat?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

A declaration of Independence is a declaration of war dude!!!

And you guys are doing it over the net as if it was a school project.

The founding Fathers did this stuff in secret and behind closed doors because they were educated thinkers who knew their lives were on the line.

They were also treasonous bastards who wanted to charge taxes toward their estates. They set up a system in which the people would be given a choice to enslave themselves or free them selves. We have made our choice pretty clear I'm just suggesting using the same system to change our choice because it is possible to do.

But you guys are free to keep living in your dream world hell I bet the mainstream bank own media would but it in the paper for ya. After all who does not like childish games. But trust me the second you feel the heat you will realize what cowards and fools you really are.

The path I am suggesting is scary and hard and dangerous but legal.

What you are talking about is full out war with no funding, no backers and no prospect but humiliation or patronization.

But then again i could just be a 12 year old ideot like you said.

TA!! Izzy

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join