It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of Independence 2009

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Excellent work. You are breaking ground. Many good suggestions from other posters have followed. Take them under consideration and THEN post on YOUTUBE. I believe there will come a time when individuals like you will be considered the TRUE patriots and thus your (and others) efforts will help bring about much needed change. I have read the D of I many, many times and view our country's current policies far more limiting of personal freedoms.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
On a personal note, it is very interesting to me the reaction I get from my fellow Americans when they realize I'm not a citizen yet. Here on ATS and elsewhere my writings and efforts to bring crucial information to light is often welcome, a far cry from what I receive in my personal life. Most of my friend can't even figure why I do what I do. They even question the validity of my statements because I'm not a citizen(That part is really insulting).

Don't let it bother you, you are on your way to becoming a citizen, and your statements and opinions are just as valid as theirs. Anybody that has the independence of thought to question the lies and corruption of the federal government, and to put the thought and effort into spreading the word that you have, is a welcome addition to this country, IMO.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

It only bothers me because I feel that one should stand guard at the gates of his own castle, no? Most of the people I know couldn't care less about the state of the nation. It feels strange to be a guard on duty, surrounded by natural born guards, all derelict in their duty, not one patriot among them. it saddens me greatly to think that the principles of freedom and personal responsibility may go the way of history as a foot note. I cannot in good conscience allow that to happen.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You are more patriot and citizen than many "naturals" I know. You are the reason the Statue of Liberty was erected and lit. God Bless

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I believe america is an attempt to allow people to rule instead of rulers. all people who are oppressed and want to take control of there lives are americans to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
It feels strange to be a guard on duty, surrounded by natural born guards, all derelict in their duty, not one patriot among them.

Unfortunately, that is more often than not the case. Maybe it's because you have had to actually think about, and make a conscious effort to become a citizen. In the process, you may have realized the promises that have drawn people to this country no longer even exist here, thanks to the obvious hijacking of our government by corporate lobbyists. The would be natural born guards were born into citizenship, they have not had to ponder it's meaning a day in their lives, and have been subjected to the mind f__ing and manufactured distractions all their lives, but it didn't work on all of us. I was born here and feel the same as you. My father is from Canada though, and just recently became a citizen, so i understand where you are coming from.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
you need to post something to keep the lobbyists out of washington politics. other than that, /signed.

SIGNED, PHILLIP L. BROWN

nice and large so they know who I am.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

That part was covered in:

7. The members of the Federal Regime have engaged in the pilfering of public funds for corporate welfare programs opposed by the majority of the People.

12. The Federal Government has engaged in fraud by manipulating economic data, accounting data, and statistical data to misinform the public as to the true nature of the Nation’s finances. Members have taken bribes in the form of “campaign contributions” by private interests in order to influence public policy.

Welcome aboard.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Let those who are without advance political science degrees write our declaration of independence.... smart move anybody else want to make a fool of themselves?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

The cadence and tenor of your words strikes me as similar to another patriot I've heard. Adam Kokesh.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lt lou360

Uh huh...And one needs a political science degree to express anger and outrage at the crimes the Federal Government perpetrates on us? A fool you say?

You go ahead and wait for your entitled savior. I'll do my own saving.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I think people with "advanced political science degrees" have done enough damage to this country. They can take their convoluted jargon and shove it where the sun does not shine. It's time for simplicity and transparency.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
After reading all the reasons listed here...the reasons far outweigh anything our forefathers had fought against. We are indeed at a crossroads in our history. Freedom or Slavery.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
xxxx signed

x is a symbol of Christ and is all that is needed when signing a form.

I would be honored to have you as one of the people of these United States

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
OK, as I posted before I am behind this all the way. While I am not politically inclined to help in much of any way, I am able to make a few suggestions.

First of all - I believe a meeting should be to discuss possible changes. I feel that without the easiest and cheapest way (free) to do this would be Skype. I already have a chat room setup and the amount of people allowed would be
unlimited. We would also be able to voice chat if need be.

The download, installation, and sign-up is simple. I already have a chat made for it so just U2U me your Skype name or message me on Skype and I will invite anyone in who wants to participate.

My Skype name is: gwydion_black

Skype.com

As far as a Youtube video, I would be more than willing to make one, however I want to confirm a final draft before I do so. I wouldn't be opposed either to an online petition once a final draft is created as well. A Digg would be great also.

Let me know what you all think or contact me on there.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Troll

2nd Line

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yes, that was an excellent speech.

I hear the influence of the founding fathers on his words.

Another interesting speaker on a similar point: Derrick Jensen.

He is actually talking about Environmentalism, but I think his points apply to the movement as well.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just a quick update:

I created a Facebook group on the Declaration of Independence 2009. I have also created an ad that is yet to be approved that will cycle around the site, although I do not have much money to put into is so I don't know how well it will circulation.

Anyone with a Facebook acount, I ask that you join the group and spread the word to your friends. If we can work together on this word can spread and if anything, we can finally begin waking people up even more.

The group is located at the following link for ease of search:

Declaration of Independence 2009

Let us begin to build the ranks of support we will need.

-Dustin

[edit on 2-6-2009 by gwydionblack]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hereby I affix my signature, as the Individual of Sentience that calls Herself Amaterasu, unto this Declaration.

Thank you, OP. That was lovely. I will have to go read the rest of this thread, but I have to say... That is exactly what I was looking for. What I was struggling to write myself.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

EDIT to add: I sent the link with this thread, along with the text in your original post, to my list. Though I think the immigration "issue" is a "divide and conquer" tactic, for the rest, I support it fully.

[edit on 6/2/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Posted on myspace, sent to Ron Paul, and Glen Beck. Lets see who answers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join