It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of Independence 2009

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I am totally in for the new Declaration!

S,&F,& Sign

/sign

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Gentlemen, the hour grows nearer, and the horizon bleaker. We have seen the enemy of our liberties steadily move, seemingly without opposition or confrontation. Our government has recently taken strides to assure that any dissenting voices be obliterated or mocked. Those voices belonging to our honored service men, and those of law abiding citizens who simply happen to have a difference of opinion to that of our government. They have done so by creating labels for such persons, terrorists, radicals, conspiracy theorists. Now it seems however, that our government has deemed it necessary to advance further with this policy, and include any and all forms of demonstration, peaceful or otherwise, as an act of domestic terrorism. I beg that you understand what this means. Our government has now decided and agreed upon, that any assembly of people with a differing voice to that of our government's mind, any demonstration such as this, peaceful or no, is to be considered a criminal act.

It saddens me, because I no longer feel as though I am living in the country I grew up as a child. Our rights, inalienable, unchangeable, endowed to us by our creator, are now being put to the test, by a rogue government entity that would sooner make bed with cold and monopolistic money men rather than do what is morally right. They have deemed us, the people, as irrelevant and unnecessary in their pursuit of more power, and therefore, expendable. It is as if we were no more than street mongrels as if our people were of no import or perhaps they see us as naive children, that should be coddled and looked after from the day we are birthed, till the day we depart this earth, to assure their plots suffer no unnecessary interruptions. A misguided notion no doubt, but that is how they have chosen to see us. No longer as people, but as mere cattle, a product for them to reap the benefits off of.

But I say otherwise! I say that without the strength, without the passion and without the conviction that our people have shown over the years. A conviction to make each day's labor better than the day before in order so that we may improve our lives. Without the passion and strength and kindness that many show not only to their families, but also to the communities that they belong to, our country would have fallen asunder shortly after our forefathers liberated us from the heavy hand of great Britain in the year 1776.

Gentlemen, I understand the fear of many here, as well as that of many outside of this forum, I understand because I too feel it every waking morning. I too wish, like many, that our grievances could be heard and dealt with in a peaceable manner, that we could resolve our concerns diplomatically so as to not have to consider a scenario where blood will have to be shed. However, with each moment that our government creeps into our lives, stalking us against a corner, vilifying us at every step simply for expressing our concerns and asking that we be heard. I see no other choice anymore. I'm sure many here would agree with me, that the time for talks have ended long ago, now is the time for action. While I myself do not like this thought, I see no other course to be taken in order to restore our freedoms. Our leaders must be removed from power, by any means. They can no longer be entrusted to follow the oaths they took when they were elected into office and as such, should be arrested, or removed violently if necessary.

I propose that our declaration, which we have signed, be sent as a last warning. If they refuse, then we shall have to start discussions on what actions to take.

What say you?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
First off, very well written. Star for you.

Now, should it be submitted yet? I can only speak for myself when I say no. There is not enough people that are behind it yet, dooming it to fail. The power of petitioning the government is in numbers, and I don't see that yet. I am going to be doing my part in getting the message out by handing out copies when I am in the States. I have a few friends that I have contacted and they will be doing so as well.

Regardless, I think now is the time to discuss what will come afterward.

To this, what say you?

I think there has to be a foundation in order for more people to back the document. A lot of people are telling me. It's great, but what next/ I offer that question to all of you.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

I appreciate your comments, as I did take a bit of time to write the message in as best and concise manner as I could, and perhaps you're right, we definitely could use more signatures before sending it. Perhaps I was a bit hasty in talking, but I simply couldn't help it after seeing this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Question

Your writing shows that you put a lot of effort into it.

As for feeling ready to jump on the word.. I agree.. I am right there with you on that.

As for your link, did you see this one? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

That was a nice speech. Star

As for right now I have to agree with blind.face. As much as I believe numbers will not make a difference in this matter, it can only aid the cause further. However, I do believe discussion should be in order.

However, might I suggest an "off-ATS" discussion due to certain conditions and of course privacy issues. If agreed upon, I would search for a place to do so, a secure one mind you. Any ideas of course would be helpful.

What say we?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

That was a nice speech. Star

As for right now I have to agree with blind.face. As much as I believe numbers will not make a difference in this matter, it can only aid the cause further. However, I do believe discussion should be in order.

However, might I suggest an "off-ATS" discussion due to certain conditions and of course privacy issues. If agreed upon, I would search for a place to do so, a secure one mind you. Any ideas of course would be helpful.

What say we?

That is one thing I have been thinking about for a while. But we'd need to figure out where, when and who would be coming (among a multitude of things that would have to be organized)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Well let us not ignore the tool in front of us. The world wide web is beautiful for long range communication and has many a way to hold secure conversation.

All is a matter of where, when, and who.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I think we should focus, for now, on increasing the number of signatures. Right now Im working on a series of pages linked through the numbers of each grievance where one can find media and government documentation of every grievance made. It would help quite a bit if you guys dug up a few things as well. Let's start where it counts right now, education. Then we can spread the word at the next Tea Party protests. We should be sending emails to media agencies, the more they get the better. Get This Printed!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hey, Gang. I didn't know if you were interested. I found this other Declaration of Independence on the WorldNetDaily site. It has 43.632 signatures. I think yours is much better, but just wanted to bring it to your attention anyway. Not sure if anyone cares or not. www.wnd.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
188 Facebook fans 24 members of the facebook cause, 19 twitter followers, The Declaration of Independence 2009.net has 2000 original hits since it's launch 3 weeks ago. The petition at Independence 09.com has 131 signatures with even more coming when I hit the Tea Parties.

My brother's wife recently signed it, she's an Army wife/mom. Lots of service members have signed. It makes me feel really good about this. The military is the only part of the government I trust. And this is why.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by projectvxn]

[edit on 29-6-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Happy Independance Day Slaves
2nd line

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Signatures are starting to pick up pace once again. It is good to see we are beginning to shake off the slowdown caused by the DDoS attack a couple weeks ago.

That's 147 signatures.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Just wanted to let you all know that I mentioned the petition on the radio yesterday, and we will be giving out a hard copy of the Declaration as well as the petition address at the TEA party in Carlisle, PA on Saturday.

We expect at least 600 people there, so far, and can expect another wave of signatures hopefully.

I know many of the TEA parties in PA have been suspended or cancelled due to law enforcement intervention, or technicalities... And invite anybody in south central PA to attend the Carlisle event... We're going ahead no matter what, as allowed by the First Amedment!

Happy Independence day!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

As I said before, I'm going to be out of state for the 4th (Virginia specifically) so I hope to at least attend a local one down there. If not, at the very least the fliers are still going to be handed out on my behalf.

I have to restock the local hotels. It seems truckers and tourists have been picking the fliers up quite regularly so that is always a good sign that even the everyday man is interested.

As always, keep up the good work everyone.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
www.thedeclarationofindependence2009.net...

I have updated the original website with the second video and added a link to the flyer on Photobucket.

Petition has 178 signatures, and has been going up by ten or so a day:

Facebook group has 194 members:

Facebook Cause has 27 members(Be nice to have some help recruiting)

Twitter account twitter.com... 38 followers

I will be interviewed in the next day or two by Peter B Collins www.peterbcollins.com... He has already given mention in a previous podcast #10 to be exact. This thing is getting bigger and spreading further. With your efforts, there's no telling how far it can go.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There's a lot more work to be done. Earlier in the thread I had announced that I would collect information on the grievances mentioned. I have done this but I have been procrastinating on posting them.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Today I will be interviewed by Peter B. Collins Over the Independence 09 initiative.

I will discuss, in detail, the premise and goal of our Declaration and why now is the right time to put it out there. I will discuss, in detail, the grievances and severity of the charges levied against the US Federal Government.

So far, because of our collective efforts there are 185 signatories. Get on twitter twitter.com... and spread the word.

Go to the Official Website to find the videos, the facebook and twitter accounts as well as my online contact info. www.thedeclarationofindependence2009.net...

Keep it up guys. If you really mean it, this will go some where. And of course, ATS will get a major shout out...Prepare for more traffic mods!

[edit on 9-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The interview went QUITE well. Peter Collins is a independent-progressive internet talk show host and former broadcast radio host. He was very even handed with me and went as far as to promote the website. It was a truly adult discussion free of political drudgery. Even if he disagrees with your views he is very open to hearing yours.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Great and amazing thread.

I do believe you captured the spirit of Liberty and freedom within your writing. Not to mention the abuse suffered by the American people at the hands of the Federal Government.

The Declaration of Independance 2009 has another signature

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join