It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico to Host World Environment Day Under the Theme 'Your Planet Needs You'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Mexico to Host World Environment Day Under the Theme 'Your Planet Needs You'

www.unep.org

Mexico City/Nairobi, 22 september 2008-Mexico, a country at the crossroads of the Green Economy and one increasingly in the centre of regional and global affairs will host the international 2009 World Environment Day celebrations.

The theme chosen by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP), which coordinates the day on 5 June on behalf of the UN system and the peoples of the world, will be 'Your Planet Needs You-UNite to Combat Climate Change'.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.unep.org

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I thought that perhaps there are members who might be interested in WED, it will be a simultaneous broadcast to over 50 country's world wide, translated to the language of each country airing the program.

It was shot from helicopters only and the project took over two years to complete with a total of 88,000 employees world wide.

There is a short 2min trailer at the bottom left hand image of the person holding a camera, i did try to insert the media but found several error in trying to past the link so here is the link.

www.unep.org...

www.unep.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Just a brief look at what will be a combined show with simultaneous broadcasting to over 50 country's

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I thought this video would be well placed into this thread as it does revolve around climate change.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Can you not understand that regarding Climate Change there is NOTHING anyone can do?...

Under the excuse of "saving the planet" more taxes are being implemented, people are being more controlled, yet there are still people bowing down to this hoax as if it was going to do anything other than give more control to the UN, and the super rich over the masses.

Wake up and smell the roses, the whole Global Warming hoax is being pushed faster and faster down everyone's throat because soon enough even the believers will figure out that mankind might be to blame for many things, but not Climate Change...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You may have a point there, but i distinctly remember four seasons in a year, were now i only know of two, summer and winter, now if were to blame or its the natural earth cycle is another thing altogether. But given the amount of damage we have achieved from the day the industrial revolution was born, well lets say were not the best user friendly species on this planet.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

AMEN to all that!

I just watched that Earth 2100 propaganda piece and then I read about this thing in Mexico, I need to go vomit now. Carbon taxes are bad, mkay.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
I thought this video would be well placed into this thread as it does revolve around climate change.

Wow, so a made up claim of what someone made up almost 70 years down the road gives you, the UN, and the controlling governments in the world the green light to indoctrinate now children to be good new gestapo police, because someone might have taken the trash out a day earlier, or some person buys certain products because he/her and his/her family need food, yet prices are going to skyrocket, they are already very high, with the new GREEN taxes your gestapo world governments are installing soon, which won't allow many people to buy enough food, and only to buy whatever is cheapest even if it comes in a plastic, or some other "environmental unfriendly package", gives you the right to fine, and even incarcerate such people because they can't afford any other food thanks to your Global Warming hoax?...

We already had millions of people all around the world protest over some of the new GREEN taxes a year ago or so on food, and even gasoline, and these people were protesting because they couldn't afford food anymore thanks to these GREEN taxes, yet the GREEN gestapo police is once again working on making more false claims to control people more, and implement more draconian laws?...

That is what is really happening, and not your made up video hoax...

Keep backing a hoax that is only giving more power to the rich, and to the spolied brats whose parents can't punish any more, but now thanks to the GREENS the children are the ones controlling the parents to further the GREEN agenda, and give more power to the GREEN groups in a powe-trip...

The reality is that more people won't be able to feed their families properly because the GREENS want to implement more draconian laws, and more taxes over a HOAX....

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You may have a point there, but i distinctly remember four seasons in a year, were now i only know of two, summer and winter, now if were to blame or its the natural earth cycle is another thing altogether. But given the amount of damage we have achieved from the day the industrial revolution was born, well lets say were not the best user friendly species on this planet.

Wow, just wow... Do yourself a favour and read what you just wrote aloud. Read it aloud several times and see if maybe the truth will sink in.

You are claiming that even if we are not to be blamed for Climate Change, that there have been so many environmental problems that "people should still pay for a hoax, and even millions of people should die for your hoax"?....

Amazing, you have been brainwashed into believing that people should suffer no matter what over a HOAX.... That is exactly what you are saying...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Indeed i do keep in an open mind, is it the pure brain washing ecologist who are creating this hype sponsored by the government or is this really happening and were being told its a hoax. So damn confusing that its hard to stay on track.

The truth is that the climate has changed for the worse in every country.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Indeed i do keep in an open mind, is it the pure brain washing ecologist who are creating this hype sponsored by the government or is this really happening and were being told its a hoax. So damn confusing that its hard to stay on track.

Mars, Jupiter, Pluto, Saturn (whose rings have been dissapearing) and every planet, and moon with an atmosphere, and including the Sun have been undergoing dramatic Climate Change, yet you, TPTB, and the GREENS in a power trip want to blame it on mankind...

The truth is that the climate has changed for the worse in every country.

The truth is that Climate Change has been happening for billions of years, and there is nothing you, me, the GREENs, or TPTB can do to stop it, we can only prepare for the changes and ADAPT like mankind and every species in this planet had to do...but you sure can use it as an excuse to give certain groups more power, and to control people more by claiming "mankind is evil"...

[edit on 3-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
BTW, at least you are keeping the conversation civil, so I give you a vote on that. People should be able to discuss such topics without allowing their emotions to take over, and resort to insult, and you have proven, for now at least, that you can at least discuss the topic in a civil manner. Kuddos to you for that.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I am all for open conversation, as you have already given me information regarding planets that i was not aware of. If we cannot be civil and discuss with each other or anyone else, how on earth are we going to move forward and evolve as a species. On that note, i am not a greenie as you have put it, but i am only concerned that there is too much going on and that all those supposedly informed scientists have not sat down to discuss what is actually going on.

I doubt that we will ever know, obviously there a billions and trillions of dollars involved in such a business. Its very irritating and ultimately were all being shuffled around like a herd of cattle. One side says ,,yeah do away with carbon and everything else and the other side is saying it is on a planetary scale and its not only happening on earth but is happening everywhere. I guess like you have said, i do feel its time that the human species is just about to get a wake up call that it needs to adapt.

Could this be the reason why there is the Norwegian seed bank ?

edit: Browser kept crashing and i tried to correct the errors within.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Unfortunately people will know the hard way. There are barely any preparations being made to survive, and adapt the changes that are occurring, which will only get worse.

The entire Solar System is going through a transition, changes which will affect the planet's environments, and the species living in them, including Earth.

In the past mankind has gone through such changes and for the most part was not aware of this, hence was caught unprepared, and it seems that we are bound to commit the same mistake yet once again.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Its obvious that if such a potential radical climate change has begun there is really no way in supporting all the population of the world. So its every man/woman for himself. All i do know as i have mentioned that the climate has changed and it has changed in my life time by me not being able to distinguish spring from summer and so on.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
BTW the changes in Saturn's rings is natural, it occurred 400 years ago also, but the planet had been undergoing other changes also, just like EArth, and every other planet, and including our Sun.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Hmm, you have me thinking, i do have a friend who teaches astronomy in a University and about three weeks ago were did get on the subject of the sun, and he did mention that the sun is undergoing a major change and its a natural part of its cycle, however as he pointed out, that we can only estimate on the amount of changes and at what magnitude it undergoes as if it were a radical change we would be the first to know it and it would be way to late to do anything about it.

Its funny how we think that were all eternal and that nothing can touch us, yet we seem to exist on a fine thread.

new topics

top topics

join