It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's June and New York is under a frost Watch!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I thought Earth was heating up due to global warming???? Al Gore said we are heating this planet up faster than Obama could spend a billion dollars. Now New York is expecting low's in the lower thirties in June!

Seriously, we had one of the mildest springs I can ever remember. Last summer we didn't even break 100 degrees and we usually do that the whole month of August. What is really up with all this global warming propaganda? Can it really be all about the carbon credits? It this propaganda meant to motivate us to be less wasteful and be more efficient for the good of the Earth?

Link to Article

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

I live in South East Pennsylvania and its been a pretty chilly May in comparison to some Spring-Summer transistions I can remember. Climate Crisis proponents will probably pull some contrived reason from their rears as to why many places are seeing a drop in temperature and they might go so far as to say the Warming is causing the Cooling

One things for sure they'll find a way to blame any Climate Change on humans and they'll find a way to make it seem like catastrophic horrors await us if we don't act immediately.

I'm going to be paying attention to the weather forecasts in my area and I think it a whole bunch other ATSers do the same we could get some good data and maybe find a real climate trend, one that doesn't have all sorts of political financial backing...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hi there dude.
Make no mistake--the earth is hotting up.
What you are experiencing is extremes of climate change throughout the world, whether it be floods, drought, wind strength, cold.
The planet's mechanism for self regulation has been severely affected by the actions of humans. The tipping point has been reached--there's no stopping it.
Yes , the earth has hotted up and cooled down in the past, but the acceleration of the current warming is unprecedented.
Anything and everything could happen now--brace yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It seems contradictory, but melting polar ice causes the earth to become colder. Fresh water mixing with salty ocean water disrupts the movement of the Atlantic Conveyor, a current that brings warm water from the equator to the north. The conveyor is the reason Great Britain enjoys relatively mild weather for being so close to the arctic.

Paradoxically global warming could create precisely this effect. Increased rainfall, melting of sea ice, glaciers and the Greenland ice sheet are all possible consequences of higher temperatures, and could reduce North Atlantic surface salinity sufficiently to slow down or even stop the formation of deep water. If this happens, the THC may shut down. Once stopped, the heat conveyor may take time to recover, and the consequences would be a cooling of northwest Europe.

www.noc.soton.ac.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I agree, It's June 1st and there was frost on my car this morning in Chicago. You must also remember however that global warming has always been followed by the big freez known as an Ice Age.

We must not also forget that average tempature and naturaly occuring events that drive those forces can be impacted by alot of things.

Gravity of the moon or lack there of.

Earths magnetic field or something within the core of the earth that is changing to some degree.

Tidal forces and ocean current.

Electromagnetic events that are not yet understood.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Somewhere is always warmer than normal. Somewhere is always colder.

For every frost in NY in June there a record breaking warm May in Las Vegas.

What counts in terms of climate change is the average trend over a period of decades.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Here in Norway we had a very cold winter with a lot of snow, haven't had so much snow in 50-60 years, and the spring that we now undergo is very hot, with 85 degrees Fahrenheit in the shade, and 95 degrees Fahrenheit in the sun. It's probably going to be the warmest summer I've ever experience. So you cant deny the climate change, but its not human made. It is just a 100% naturally cycle.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Although, the weather in New York looks quite nice today! - Well as far as I saw, I don't live there.

So much to say for Canada though!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, I know that Texas has been resonably nice so far. It is June 1 and I still haven't turned on the A/C (yay for cheap electric bills!!). Still, global warming is a think of the past. The new consensus is global climate change -- in layman's terms, global climate destablization. (hmm, not sure that is laymans terms :
)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Welcome to global warming: what you are experiencing is a result. Global warming does not mean a uniform warming, it means that you will see higher variability in everything weather-related. Lower lows, higher highs, more changeability. It's not a neat, predictable, fits in a slot process.

Drives you nuts, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maarius
...but its not human made. It is just a 100% naturally cycle.

How can you be so sure?

I think this opinion is more about not wanting to take responsibility for something we're doing, not wanting to give up being careless about our environment.

It's so much easier to not take responsibility.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Hope

How I can be so sure? Because everything goes in a cycle.
I take a lot of responsibility, I never throw any garbage in the nature, I use a bicycle to work, we sort our garbage in Norway for a more efficient combustion.

But, as I said, it's a natural cycle. Do you really think 200 years of contamination will destroy this planet? I don't..
Just look at the sun, It haven't been so calm in 100 years, almost no sun-spots. -A natural cycle.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Oh that is too strange. It seems like that area didn't used to ever get tornadoes until about 10 years ago, if I am correct. States that had never had tornadoes get them every year now.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Basically, what we are experiencing here is the end of the natural cycle of warming that occured after the retreat of the glaciers following the little ice age that ended around 1850. The earth has been gradually warming since then to get back to a more normal temperature but the cyclic "pendulum swing" of global temperatures swung a little to the warm side and gave birth to the whole hysteria of "anthropomorphic global warming". The only thing that movement will do is to burden us with more taxes while providing Al Gore and GE with a big pile of windfall profits.

The cooler than normal temperatures that you have been noticing (2nd snowiest winter on record in Washington State) are the result of the earth going back down in the natural temperature cycle. Humans have no real effect on global temperature. What we are more realistically facing is another "little ice age" except this time it will be much cooler than the last one and is in the process of starting right now. Here's some reading material... www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Like Maarius in Norway; In the UK we had a colder snowy winter but a warmer May.

A sizzling weekend brought wall-to-wall sunshine and soaring temperatures, as British holidaymakers enjoyed the end of the warmest May in eight years.

Hang on to the suncream - it’s about to get hotter

Today has been about 27C 80F, even now at 9PM it's still 20C 68F; But last Wednesday I had the heating on because I was so cold.

This last winter we had the worst snow in 18 years.
Enjoy the video clips of the UK unprepared for snow.

UK prepares for freezing weekend

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Top of the mountain in Flagstaff AZ was covered in snow today... June 1

alright that's a cool place... and an altitude 0f 11,000 - 12,000 ft

but still, that's Rare this time of year, decade rare

I was getting pelted in town yesterday by hail the size of my thumb tip even in town at 7,000 ft

Not surer if it means anything, but i'll vouch it doesn't seem to be getting any hotter

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maarius
How I can be so sure? Because everything goes in a cycle.
I take a lot of responsibility, I never throw any garbage in the nature, I use a bicycle to work, we sort our garbage in Norway for a more efficient combustion.

True everything goes in a cycle, but that doesn't prove man has no part in it. You do good things for the environment, but again that doesn't prove man has no part in disrupting the weather cycles. If you want to talk garbage you'd be shocked if you knew what is dumped into the oceans from ships, military and civilian.

But, as I said, it's a natural cycle. Do you really think 200 years of contamination will destroy this planet? I don't..
Just look at the sun, It haven't been so calm in 100 years, almost no sun-spots. -A natural cycle.

I see, because you say it's a natural cycle it must be and only be a natural cycle?

Who said anything about 'destroying the planet'? Please don't assume all opinions that differ from yours are in the extreme.
If you can't see the damage we've done to this planet in the last 200 years you're not paying attention.

But again it's not about 'destroying the planet', or any other alarmist exaggerated nonsense, it's about upsetting the very delicate balance of the Earths weather cycles, that can take us from being covered in ice to being an oven from the slightest change in our weather cycle.

But having said that it really doesn't matter if we are partly to blame or not, it's still a pretty good idea to not pollute, or mess with the hand that feeds us eh?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Wally Hope]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

global warming is a hoax
it's about global cooling

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

That is something I have noticed recently of many people. They will usually find any excuse to justify their argument. I often say these people want to "feel" as if they're right/smart, rather than actually BEING right/smart. The difference? Those that actually want to BE right/smart, actually want to learn, and chances are will admit to their mistakes. Whereas the other group don't really care about any facts other than those that support their flawed ideas. It's imply the "me" syndrome.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I live in NYC, I barely saw the sun this entire month, I went an entire week without seeing a speck of blue sky. Also I noticed that contrails, or "chemtrails", have vanished as well lately.

So yea, not particularly wet, just a constant overcast.

new topics

top topics

join