It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former MI6 chief Sir Richard Dearlove Warns Against 'Disturbing' Surveillance Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Former MI6 chief Sir Richard Dearlove Warns Against 'Disturbing' Surveillance Society

www.dailymail.co .uk

The former head of MI6 has hit out at what he called 'striking and disturbing' invasions of privacy by the Big Brother state - claiming some are an 'abuse' of the law.
Sir Richard Dearlove, who led the Secret Intelligence Service from 1999 to 2004, publicly attacked the 'loss of liberties' caused by expanding surveillance powers, and described some police operations as 'mind-boggling.'
He warned that ambitious Home Office plans for a vast internet surveillance database were 'a step too far...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
EU wants 'Internet G12' to Govern Cyberspace
President Obama Tells a Whopper! "We Will Not Moniter Internet Traffic" !?
Pentagon Plans New Arm to Wage Cyberspace Wars

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
We are entering into intense Surveillance Society, complete with Big Brother black boxes, internet gatekeepers, censoring of news and e-mail.

Question is...what are they planning on doing with all of this information they gather? Are TPTB compiling data on all of us, and profiling us? Why?

They have succeeded in limiting us, they will not leave us alone with our thoughts and actions, but why? Just what in the world do they intend to do with all this information anyways?

www.dailymail.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I think the ultimate goal is a society of mind slaves serving the aristocratic elite. Bodies without souls, so to speak. To achieve this they are attempting to destroy basically everything, your family, your wealth, your very thoughts, leaving nothing at the end but a hollowed out human being which presumably they want to use from sex to target practice, and everything in between.

Remember that they are psychopaths, it dosen't have to make complete sense to a sane mind. Ponerology I think explains best their mindset. It's a very complex version of the childlike "me me me" phase.

Transhumanism possibly fits into all this, as does satanism, but I think at the core it's really just about control and apropriation, just taken to an irational and psychopathic level.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I believe a lot of the security/monitoring/CCTV companies are entwined with the same companies that sell weapons. They have a very strong lobby and push governments into greater surveillance. like most things it's driven by profit for these companies. the problem I see is that no government will repeal these surveillance laws, they will only get worse.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's about time someone of authority speaks out about the Draconian measures being installed by the government in Britain. Personally, I think the people should raise hell about it.
All that surveillance is unnecessary in a free and open society. Are they paving the way to tyranny with the implementation of a police state?

Orwell would be rolling over in his grave to see what is happening to Great Britain. They probably tell everyone that it is to keep the people safe from terrorists. However, I find that reason as garbage. They want to keep an eye on the people. If you ask me, it is a sorry state of affairs in England. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
May I recommend a C-Span1 video that aired on April 15th, 2009 titled "secrecy in a free society" you'll find it very enlightening.

Also today June 1st, 2009 there is a great video of a boat rescue recorded by an information tech working for the FBI. Its an awesome video shot on the river in the Fairfax area.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I would include pending cannibalism on the side of the elite. They have proven how little they think of the lowly commoners. The next war, which will probably happen very soon, will prove that. The way millions of people are being mistreated right now in Pakistan, and we've already seen the same in Gaza a few months ago, are just the trailer & teaser for what is coming next...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

I saw that video you mentioned and it was very impressive. Saw it on CNN a couple hours ago. Apparently, the two men were fishing on the river and due to mechanical failures their boat drifted near the edge of the dam on the river. Very impressive rescue operation. I'll look into that video from C-Span you mentioned.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Reply to all...Points well made and taken!

Interesting website on surveillance and resistance...

It may well be doubted whether human ingenuity can construct an enigma of the kind
which human ingenuity may not, by proper application resolve.
Edgar Allen Poe, The Gold Bug

Complete with a table and methods...

Twelve techniques of neutralization are discussed in detail in Marx (2003). Table 1 defines the types and
Table 2 (below) offers illustrations from the workplace context. Equivalent examples can be shown for
other contexts such as the marketplace, government and interpersonal relations

www.surveillance-and-society.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skydancer
May I recommend a C-Span1 video that aired on April 15th, 2009 titled "secrecy in a free society" you'll find it very enlightening.

Thanks, found the link and posting it here for convenience!
www.c-spanarchives.org...

top topics

join