It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs- Are They Alive Today

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well done but a lot is skewed.
The 'Surgeon Photo' is fake I knew that even when I was little. The ripples are far too big it must be a small object (but who knows, maybe a mini-serpent?)

One of the monsters you posted reminded me of something:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07b176deb497.jpg[/atsimg]
But seeing how belugas only live in arctic I thought maybe it is an elephant seal:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/109c60d9024f.jpg[/atsimg]
Surely it is monstrous. But what about that serpent tail in the video? Well heres the seals tail
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5927c915b86.jpg[/atsimg]

So I think it must be an elephant seal like the White River monster turned out to be. Imagine never having seen an elephant seal though!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1414752f34cd.jpg[/atsimg]
If you look closer a lot of detail is forged in the head region of the animal and again 3 visible toes and a long tail. Very interesting...

Reptiles do not have ears they have internal eardrums. It is very noticable the lack.

Then there are some skewed facts:

In literature, dragons are certainly a virtually universal ancient motif. Dragons are found in the early literature of the English, Irish, Danish, Norse, Scandinavians,

ALL THE SAME PEOPLE!
On Fafnir:

Therefore, everything in this scene is totally realistic, and makes good dinosaur-hunting strategy.

Yeah, but leave out the part where he shape-shifts eh!

Originally posted by TheWretched
Remember too giant squids were once a myth as well. But they have managed to show thats not the case anymore with recovered and captured specimens.

Except that we have not found a kraken! Just the squids.

I will leave on a positive note though:

If the fearsome creatures were threatening the ancestors of the Norse peoples

Lindorm Sightings
Also, the Norwegian Sea Serpent
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9df53a3b9597.jpg[/atsimg]
Magnus Olaus drew this for his accurate history of Sweden compilation. He described other animals perfectly.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Also just for the hell of it
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fb21f16a96c.jpg[/atsimg]
Another old drawing I believe it is Norse as well from Magnus Olaus. From 1598 at any rate.
I have the translated descriptions to accompany somewhere if anybody wants.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've seen Nessie for myself as did my dad and his brother but that wa sin Loc Lomond where upto fifty dead sheep were below the water and a huge creature looked at them then swam away.

Nessis i believe is not a plesiosaur per se more of an evolved one as it has chameleon like blended ability as i saw it in a ravine in Loch Ness it looked like a statue then as our boat went past i kept looking in it's direction and as the boat turned into the deeper loch in front of Urquhart Castle a huge head came out of the ravine and into the loch with a huge "blob" from a distance following behind it and spashed quite gracefully into the waters.

The "statue" like effect was quite scary as it was clearly in detail.

Also later that same day i was skipping stones across the loch on the shore outside of the Nessie exhibition centre when me and my nana looked through our binoculars at the gap in the mountains where the loch branches and saw a long head come up and move slowly for around five minutes then bob back down..
we watched the movement beneath the waves heading toward our beach my nana walked as fast as she could to the car(parked quite far down around 5-10 minutes for me probably 15 for her) where my grandad was for the camera whilst i skipped stones in it's direction the movement in the waves stopped.

Then i did it again.. then amazingly the stone came flying out just past my body behind me.. i repeated what i did then a huge rock came out of the water and landed on the narrow patch of stone at the shoreline. I threw the small boulder like object(with my flabby 14 year old arms) with all my might as far as i could the rock sunk then nothing happened..

I was upset until a couple of minutes later a large rock came flying at my leg from about fifty metres out just to the right side of me as i was about to turn away very small head popped up just beneath the wave only noticeable if you looked at that spot the rock came from and it kidn of looked at me then flung lots of water in my direction then bobbed back down then three enormous waves swam away into the deeper area of the loch.

I will never forget that cloudy day of April 15th 2005

People don't believe me but i don't care what they think.. i know what i witnessed and experienced

and if that was nessie or a baby nessie then it was the the most magical feeling you could witness. People spend years looking for it an on my first visit i witness it in all it's fun loving glory.

I don't think it wants to harm humans personally as it could easily of swept me into the loch, i intend to go back and sit on that shore once more and see if it returns.

oh and my Nana returned ten minutes later huffing and puffing about losing the camera batteries (we had the old days camera as my nan an grandad just got into hi tech equipment)

sorry for telling my tale but for me dinosaurs do exist.. if that wasnt a dinosaur it was an ancient species that's for sure, it moved so graceful man.. i'm getting nostalgic thinking of it

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

The decaying carcass found in 1977 has been shown to almost certainly be a basking shark if memory serves.

And the carving of a Steg seems split 50/50 whether its a Steg or some other animal with foliage behind it.

Some interesting other stuff in your post though, love reading about this, S&F for you.

Originally posted by TheMythLives
The water serpent in Turkey:

End of that video is very obviously an elephant, you can see the eye and ear.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by BeingFollowed]

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
well, sharks, cealocanths (may have spelled that wrong), crocodillians and some other species of reptiles and fish survived, why not some dinos?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver
Interesting theory.

However, today, all of the surface of this planet is being monitored through satellites, radar, military infrared and heat cameras, etc. So, if such a large creature still existed it would have to be very creative when it comes to hiding.

Regarding the Loch Ness monster: A few years ago a thorough underwater scan has been made with top of the art equipment. LIterally, every square inch of the lake, including all the caves have been scanned with radar, infrared, as well as heat recognition technology and the result was that there is nothing larger than a shoe in there.

So you have all these type of fish in the Loch Ness and nothing is larger then a shoe?

www.nessie.co.uk...

Salmon, Trout, Sea Trout, Eel, Sturgeon.... sorry my friend you are wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

THOSE FIGURINES OF ACAMBARO JUST MINDBLOWING!!!!!!!!!.....its just EVIDENCE,the problem with this cases is how to sink it in our logistic-religulus-ignorance.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Margaret Thatcher still alive, does this counts?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I reckon there are elusive and hidden dinosaurs. Sightings of dinosaurs have supposedly occurred on all the continents in the world (except Antartica). And, in the oceans (even long ago).

There have been swords from ancient Rome with dinosaur shape engravings on them. That's on the blade, close to the handle.

The word 'dinosaur' has only been around since 1842. Previously, they were called dragons. So, the stories of knights slaying dragons in medieval times could be true - with slayings of dinosaurs. (There're films like 'Dinosaurs and the Bible Part 3' by Dr. Kent Hovind.)

Dragons breathing out fire is probably fiction. It could have been added in, as the dinosaur stories get passed on from one person to the next. But, there have been scientists who have said it's possible. That's with spontaneous combustion. (There's a beetle that squirts a liquid, and has spontaneous combustion.) They would consume platinum, which comes into contact with hydrogen from stomach digesting, and then breathed out. There'd be a palate to protect the throat. (That's in films like 'Dragon's World' and 'The Last Dragon'.)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I do find it really interesting and am sure some people who make these reports are obviously seeing something,what they are seeing i'm not sure.Maybe without sounding really silly ,they might just be mistaken animals or ghosts.I don't know.Personally I don't believe in living dinosaurs but agree that not all the reports are just made up. I think they are probably mistaken animals,but what i'm not sure IMO

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join