It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs- Are They Alive Today

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Once again, I drop in to make the obligatory Monsterquest comment

Their latest episode sends a team to Africa to search for Mokele Mbembe (spelling?).

It isn't a bad episode, but they find a lot of nothing really.

Worth watching for the scenery.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I saw that episode also. I agree with the expert that there would have to be a big enough population to sustain the dinosaur. More than a hundred would be needed, and those creatures are quite big to be not seen by people other than the locals.

While the sonar echoes were interesting, I do think they were either crocodiles or branches that fell underwater.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Yea. I agree, a lot of the times the radar/sonar picks up on objects that are just trees, large corcs or some other fish. I didn't some skeptic explain the sightings of Loch ness as tree branches shooting to the top of the lake?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Perhaps I overlooked it in the thread but did you have a link for this piece:

The Weekend Australian, 26–27 June 1993, p. 15; Radio National (Australia) 8 am news report, 25 June 1993.

Professor P. LeBlond of the University of British Columbia told a meeting of zoologists about the many sightings of ‘Caddy’—short for Cadborosaurus—around the British Columbia coast and as far south as Oregon. The remains of a three-metre juvenile ‘Caddy’ have actually been found in the stomach of a whale.

Thanks, excellent thread btw

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

No, I apologize I do not. I had a handout with radio speech in it, concerning radio demographics and something esle, unfortunately, I sold it for $250..lol.. I think you maybe able to find the archives soemwhere. I will have a look and try to find it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

no need to apologize
, i may have found something....

Photographs taken at the Naden Harbor whaling station at Queen Charlotte Islands show a well-preserved 10-foot baby Caddy taken from the stomach of a sperm whale that had recently swallowed it before the whale was killed by hunters. The authors interpret the creature in the photographs as a serpentine animal with the classic camel-like head and a tail region having two hind flippers.

www.strangemag.com...

the alleged pics...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/487b9a094fc5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d68c58b09b7f.jpg[/atsimg]

and this from another source:

In 1937 the Naden Harbour whaling station in the Queen Charlotte Islands was abuzz with the news that some flensers had discovered a strange animal in the stomach of a recently harvested whale. The creature was about ten feet long and had odd characteristics such as a camel-like head, a long elongated body of serpentine proportions and curiously shaped fins (above) and tail.

The station manager, F. S. Huband, and G. V. Boorman, the acting medical officer, took photographs taken of the animal and despatched tissue samples taken from the remains to the Fisheries station in Nanaimo and to the Provincial Museum in Victoria for analysis. Tragically, the tissue samples sent to Nanaimo vanished and the samples sent to Victoria were wrongly identified by curator Francis Kermode as belonging to a fetal baleen whale and no one knows what happened to them after Kermode examined them. So the only tangible proof of the existence of heretofore previously legendary animals was lost forever. However two sets of the photographs were discovered by Captain William Hagelund, who published a selection in his book "Whalers No More", and also by Paul LeBlond who included them in his book "Cadborosaurus: Survivor of the Deep".

The samples and photographs which were sent to the Provincial Museum in Victoria and erroneously identified by Kermode bothered a living witness to the Naden Harbour creature still alive today. James Wakelen, has told the BCSCC that there is no way that the creature he and other removed from the flensed whale was a fetal baleen whale. He is adamant to this day that what he saw was an unknown creature the likes of which he has not seen before of since in any book or film.

www.bcscc.ca...

in regards to the above article, this is a whale fetus. I searched "baleen" and this is what I came up with:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4b26d98e31c.jpg[/atsimg]

see the resemblance? i sure dont

[edit on 9-7-2009 by spikedmilk]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It is possible that dinosaurs still exist today, but as we all know the chances

are very slim. The ocean hasn't been fully explored, but I seriously doubt that

there are land living dino's around. I saw a fishing video on Hook Line and Jeep once in Seychelles where they were pulling in a 200kgs Tuna! The weird part is

SOMETHING BIT 3 QUARTERS OFF THE TUNA!!! That must have been a

HUGE shark... not normal, and there are no Great Whites in Seychelles.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to [urlThis is what I love ATS for, all the research that so many do. It brings up much to think about.

i second that!...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whitemotel

Thank you for the kind words! They mean a lot and are much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

EXCELLNT! That you for adding that wondeful addition. I will have to look into this more, but wow that looks very cool.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here are some more personal stories and accounts and pictures of monsters.

Unknown Sea Creature. But the description and drawing of the sole survivor looked like a:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40319b03df5a.gif[/atsimg]

In Pensacola, Florida, 1962 five teenagers decided to go scuba diving off the coast about two miles there is an old sunken ship right off the harbor. Here is the story that Edward Brian McCleary wrote. He was the only survivor. Five teenagers went scuba diving out by this sunken ship in 1962. Edward (The sole survivor of a monster attack) lives in Jacksonville, He said, "

We were in an Air Force rescue raft bound for a sunken ship a few miles off the coast. Midway out, we were caught in a storm and dragged out to sea. When the storm cleared, we were in a dense fog….We began to hear strange noises, rather like the splashing of a porpoise… also a sickening odor like that of dead fish. The noise got closer to the raft and it was then we heard a loud hissing sound. Out in the fog we saw what looked like a long pole, about ten feet high, sticking straight up out of the water. On top was a bulb like structure." Like a light bulb? Round with a beak on it. "It bent in the middle and went under. It appeared several more times getting closer to the raft." "The silence was broken once again by something out of the fog. I can only describe it as a high-pitched whine. We panicked. All five of us put on our fins and went into the water….‘Keep together and try for the ship,’ I yelled. After we were in the water we became split up in the fog. From behind I could hear the screams of my comrades one by one. I got a closer look at the thing just before my last friend went under. The neck was about twelve feet long, brownish- green and smooth looking. The head was like that of a sea-turtle except more elongated, with teeth.…There appeared to be what looked like a dorsal fin when it dove under for the last time. Also, as best I am able to recall, the eyes were green with oval pupils." His four friends got eaten by it. He heard them screaming as they went under. He said, "I finally made it to the ship, the top of which protruded from the water, and stayed there for most of the night, early that morning I swam to shore and was found by the rescue unit."

Strange Monsters.

And this account from Arkansas.

Arkansas has it share of weird creatures lurking in forests and lakes . . . but enough about the Clinton family. Now, our journey takes us a little further north on Highway 67 to the small town of Newport Arkansas. This town has a version of the Loch Ness Monster which is widely accepted as being real by the townspeople. The White River Monster even has his own game preserve.

From about 1915 to the late 1970's, residents of Newport reported seeing a monster in the White River. This monster, nicknamed "Whitey", was described as being snake-like and at least thirty feet long. Witnesses reported that it made a loud bellowing noise and had a spiny backbone. Many reports were made by fisherman and campers along the river. In 1971, two men reported that they saw three-toed tracks along the muddy river banks and a places where the trees and vegetation had been broken because of the monster's size. The creature was even photographed in 1971 by Cloyce Warren of the White River Lumber Company. Was the photograph really of a monster? Arkansas legislators seemed to think so.
White River Monster

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ece5971cf2ef.jpg[/atsimg]

The Picture above is supposedly the back of the monster and the tail? I believe. I am not quite sure. But none-the-less something is in their.

The Cornsih Sea Serpent

The Cornish coast is a place of rugged beauty and great diversity. Ranging from sleepy golden bays to wave ravaged cliffs and traitorous waters that have claimed countless ships throughout the ages. What better a place than to set a century old tale about a giant sea beast? However; Morgawr is no story.

Morgawr means ‘sea giant’ in the ancient, but still used, dialect of the Cornish people. The first documented time this creature was reported was a very close encounter indeed. It occurred in 1876, way before the boom in the tourism industry. This was a time when hardy men set to sea in small sailing ships to make a living, but on one particular day two fishermen caught more than they were bargaining for. They had cast their nets into the salty waters of Gerran’s bay only to discover that they had caught a giant long necked beast. That fateful day Morgawr earned its status as more than just a legend.
UFO-Digest

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4293ddf9abe2.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the picture of the supposed creature.

And this one on the Normandy Coast.

On the grey coast of Normandy at Querqueville the sea last week cast up a monstrous thing. Fearsome enough in life, it lay now battered by waves & rocks, pecked by gulls, decomposed by death. It was 25 ft. long, about 5 ft. around and its bluish-grey skin was covered with what seemed like fine white hairs. What was left of its head, hung on a 3-ft. neck, looked like a camel's. What was left of its tail looked like a seal's. It was disemboweled. Rolling gently in the surf, its liver stretched out a full 15 ft.
TIME

And they continued a little ways below:

"I think," said Dr. Burgess Barnett, curator of reptiles at the London Zoo, "that it is a small whale."

At last two professors from Paris' Natural History Museum arrived at Querqueville to settle the matter. Gravely they poked & peered. When they departed, carrying the creature's head and tail for comparison with museum specimens, their minds were made up. The monster was definitely: 1) not a whale; 2) not a sea cow.

Said one of the professors, M. Petit:

"For the moment I can only commit myself on one point—it is a selachian [shark and ray family]. ... As for the individual characteristics of the monster, it is possible we are in the presence of an unknown species. C'est epatant."
TIME Magazine

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d10c3dbfd779.jpg[/atsimg]

The above is a picture os the creature. Much debate still goes on, as too what this creature was nearly 80+ years ago.

Another story this time of a Cadborosaurus.

Paul LeBlond and Ed Bousfield are two credible scientists with impeccable academic pedigrees (both are Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada) who have an unusual hobby - they are the spokesmen for a marine anomaly which inhabits the waters of British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest which has been dubbed Cadborosaurus or Caddy for short.

Why two eminent scientists would be advocates for the existence of what can only be described as the quintessential sea serpent is a real curiosity to many people, but LeBlond and Bousfield have only become Caddy's spokesmen as a result of over 20 years of research into the creature's existence and habits. Now they have joined forces with BCSCC vice president, Jason Walton, in Operation CaddyScan which employs electronic imaging devices to try and obtain a clear image of a living specimen of the Cadborosaurus tribe. BCSCC president, John Kirk, is also a member of the team.
Cryptozoology Club

Thunderbird Killed

There is a story that in April 1890, two cowboys in Arizona killed a giant birdlike creature with an enormous wingspan. It was said it had smooth skin, and featherless wings like a bat. Its face resembled an alligator. This description has obvious similarity to that of a prehistoric pterodactyl, a creature which was known at the time. They dragged the carcass back to town, and it was pinned, wings outstretched across the entire length of a barn. There is supposed to be a picture of this event, that may or may not have been published in the local newspaper, the Tombstone Epitaph.

According to Mark Hall, the Epitaph did indeed print a story about the capture of a large, unusual winged creature, on April 26, 1890 [1]. Beyond this single story, however, no one has made historic corroboration that this event ever occurred; it is usually considered an urban legend. Utterly fictional tall tales were not an uncommon feature in newspapers during this era.No one has ever produced a copy of the "thunderbird" photograph
Thunderbird killed by cowboys

KONGAMATO

The name ‘Kongamato’ translates into ‘Breaker of Boats’. Sightings of this creature have been reported in Zambia, Angola, and Congo as well as in the surrounding regions. The Kongamato is said to be a Pterosaur-Like creature. Natives, who have been asked to describe it, tell of a giant reddish brown leather winged bird that has a pointed beak with lots of sharp teeth. When these natives were shown pictures of the Pterodactyl, they immediately identified it as the Kongamato
Kon

[edit on Aug 3rd 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
If you believe in creationism, then you don't believe they existed at all.

I do not see the logic in that. Dinosaur is a very new word. So, you are not going to find it in the Bible. The Bible does mention that there were dragons. And in Job 40:15-24 Talks about Behemoth, "He moveth his tail like a cedar" How many animals have a tail like a tree... Job 41:1-10 talks about Leviathan, a creature (most likely water, so as 'nessy') so fierce that no one would dare stir him.

The only reason people think the world is billions of years old, is that evolution is being used to brainwash children to become numb to the fact that there is a nwo.

Scientists used to say the world was flat. The Bible states that it is round.

Scientists used to think the world was sat on pillars. The Bible states that it hangs on nothing.

Scientists used to think that if you were ill, you can draw out your blood and remove the sickness. But the Bible states that the life of the flesh is in the blood.

Scientists say that the world is getting hot because of human action and call it global warming. The Bible states that the end days will come with a fervent heat.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Dinosaurs- Are They Alive Today
well...yeah! crocs and lizzards...yes...as for T-Rex and Co..sorry buddy...but no
dont think so...surelt we would have seen/found them by now

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
When I was about 5 or 6 (Very young I know), me and my family went on a trip to a nature park/reserve in South Africa called Dikololo (sp?). This was back when I still lived there.

A couple of days in we were on the fringes of the camp, where there was a waterslide and pool. I had to go to the bathroom, so I went about 50 meters or so into the bush. I was standing in this opening, on a sort of cliff-like rock structure, looking out into the bush.

I can't remember if it was before or after i had gone to the toilet that I looked up and saw a few meters away (10-20 I would suppose), on a jutting up piece of rock, a giant sandy-brown lizard-like creature. It had the main shape of a modern lizard, like a komodo dragon for instance, but the interesting thing was a broad sail on the back.

I would estimate it was about 5 or more meters in length (I was small at the time so I really have no idea how big specifically), and it wasn't moving.

I excitedly ran back to my parents yelling out that I had seen a dinosaur. But, about a minute later, when we returned to the spot, it had vanished.

To this day I still firmly believe I saw something, but now I am not too sure it was a dinosaur.

I have done some brief research on the internet looking at both types of dinosaurs and lizards today, and haven't found an exact match.

Any people out there know of what this could have been (sailed lizards native/found in southern africa?). It was at this same place that I saw a giant centipede, although that is more explainable.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
LogJam

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

why haven't scientists accepted dinosaurs living in the modern world as a reality? If there's so much evidence why aren't i reading about it in science books?
[edit on 20-6-2009 by andre18]

Let me guess, you think it's a conspiracy?

The problem isn't scientists consciously conspiring against a truth they can't accept; it's scientists dismissing evidence that doesn't fit into their view of the universe. If enough scientists do this, knowingly or not, it doesn't matter what the truth is because they're the ones contributing to and writing the textbooks.

That's how the scientific process works, it doesn't matter how outrages your ideas are as long as the evidence is on your side you will win people over.

Yes, that's how the scientific process is supposed to work; however, if the idea is so outrageous that scientists don't even consider it (this shouldn't happen, but it does), people won't be won over until tptb stop pumping out misinformation.

So even if you're right and there's this ridiculous conspiracy that's holding back the truth about dinosaurs, even if you're right about that, you're still wrong because eventually your ideals would have hit the school books anyway.

The only ideals that hit the school books are the ones the writers want printed. Authors write what they whatever they wish. I'll admit, the principles of the scientific process (especially as you described them) are noble. Unfortunately for us, the people who carry out this process are just as flawed and *gasp* fallible as anyone else.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I think that dinosaurs and dragons are one and the same, and do occasionally come out of hiding. I believe that they live for thousands of years and sleep much longer than the earthlings we know today. They may even sleep for hundreds of years, if they are not disturbed, eaten, or killed. They have a different sense of time than humans do, because their life cycle is so slow. That is why they are a symbol of wisdom. They have more time than we do to be wise, given that their brains are more than what scientists claim that they were. What few did survive whatever catastrophe that supposedly wiped them all out, must have been hiding deep inside caves and inside the ocean. There is no reason for them to all go extinct unless our planet could no longer support life.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
crocodiles
hedgehogs
toads/frogs
turtles
sharks
?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The dinosaurs aren't alive today. They went extinct years ago.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by antontherapper
The dinosaurs aren't alive today. They went extinct years ago.

Yep, they all died out in 2006.

Seriously, how do you 'know' they are extinct. Only because scientists tell the populace that. The scientists are basing this on the fact that they haven't found a live one yet. Have they covered every square meter of the globe? I don't think so. It is ignorant to believe that the authorities and scientists know everything about our planet.

Scientist says it's true therefore it must be = Fail logic.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Zerbot and Anton-

Technically you're right (although my definition keeps changing, too.)

Dinosaur- any of a group (Dinosauria) of extinct often very large chiefly terrestrial carnivorous or herbivorous reptiles of the Mesozoic era

www.merriam-webster.com...

Since we're not still in the Mesozoic era, that would be correct. But since many species have stayed the same, there's another definition, more of a usage term, of dinosaur that refers to any species similar to one that was around millions of years ago. Generally they're reptilian.

Generally in cryptozoology when we talk about dinosaurs we're talking about the Mokele-Mbembe or a similar cryptid, which is something like a brontosaurus or stegosaurus that might still be roaming around. A plesiosaur isn't technically a dinosaur because it's aquatic but it comes to mind when we think of the term, because it is a large, reportedly extinct reptile.

I like the term "living fossils" the most, now. I think it can be molded to fit a number of definitions, and you can include any species from the horseshoe crab to some species of sharks to some primitive reptiles, and even insects.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join