It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberalism - Could it be caused by developmental delay?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Great points. A star for you. Many of them worry about a NWO when they are the ones that push us closer to that horrible day by their own responsiblity and giving up everyones rights to make themselves feel less guilty. Liberals are like people who whine about or feel guilty about the bruises they received after a fun night had by all.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
If by some chance their not controlled by the PTB, they have to be wrong pathologically.

It doesn't make any logical sense to complain about a debt, then triple it while still complaining about the previous debt, then saying that the new and improved tripled defecit is going to help the economy.

I could go on and on, not taking sides here, I just notice most the really screwy ideas from liberals.

Add the "War on Terror" to your list. Complain about the war on terror to the extent that the prior administration should be tried for war crimes, yet somehow manage to support Obama as he continues the war and increases the amount of troops. (but its not a "surge")

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Well I dont think every liberal is developmentally disabled. Just most of them. You know the ones that you cant even discuss anything with them without them rolling on the floor and screaming and pounding their fists against the woodfloor. They are like the anti-burger king. They think we can only have it their way.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I've been tested for developmental stuff numerous times- they've all come back negative except for the fact that I have a high IQ. And I'm a liberal.

I mean unless you want to prove that all my posts and threads indicate that I'm developmentally challenged?

Like I've said in a previous post, I have a high IQ but that is definitely a sign of good sense. Trust me, if common sense were any indication of a high IQ I wouldv'e been locked up for my own safety a looong time ago

Read a little more about what this thread is actually stating.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It's not true and we all know that.

And the funny part is that if I made the same thread about Conservatism, I would probably be getting screamed at.

But I'm better than knocking down someone's opinion because I know it's wrong.

Oh wait, maybe it's because I'm developmentally challenged.

I'm not going to argue over IQ or giftedness or the fact (which is that it evens out to be average because there are developmentally delayed liberals AND conservatives and those of both groups who are ahead of the game).

This thread is ridiculous. It just is. If I made this thread, it would have been closed.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

The 'liberal' Congress was gungho about it too!

They were right there the whole way, until it became unpopular, I thought doing what was right even if it's not popular was a maturity element. Not doing what everyone else is doing because its popular.

There are a billion liberals that should be tried for war crimes. Most the USA if you want to take it really far.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I am a grown man my friend. I think what I have posted applies quite aptly to liberals. Why would people be insulted if they didnt realize it is true. For example, if I called you a flying booger biter would you even bother to get mad.. No.. because it is a ridiculous claim. But when I say liberals are developmentally delayed and in a permanent state of the terrible twos, then they get their panties in a bunch.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

You are right on the money.. both of you. They hated Bush for the war on terror, but they just ignore it when a Liberal President and a Liberal Congress continue on with it. I just see it as further proof of my OP. Its like if one kid they dont like wants to borrow a toy they scream NOOOOO! but if its the friend they like they beg you to go get it for them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

A star for you. We all know that if Bush is guilty of War Crimes than so is Pelosi, because she knew about it and never tried to stop it. Its like a bunch of toddlers one breaks the lamp and they all lie and blame the kid they dont like. The libs all cry over war crimes because nobody should get hurt, even in a war. Just like 2 year olds they think we can alll settle our differences with a NERF gun.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well the evidence is there about the tortures, and yet she's almost to incompetent to even say she knew about it, while she's still trying to pinned down bush in Prison for life for stuff, when she's guilty of the same treachurous things.

Or Obama blasting bush for the defecit (which he tripled) then bashing him for the Iraq war (which he's going to continue) then for bush starting a unnecassary war (which he expanded into some parts of pakistan, resulting in bringing their gov't into war).

Notice hypocrisy.... It's okay if I do it, but not you, you can't do it, i'll do it. This is mine.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

All I can say is typical liberal thinking. Its ok as long as they want it, but alll hell breaks loose if they arent getting their way. I swear sometimes politicians just vote stuff in to shut all the whining up. We are all guilty of buying a kid a toy they dont need, just to shut them up before we snap and go Bakersfield Chimp on them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I didnt call them retards, that was your word not mine. Maybe you just realized the truth.

I’m aware you didn’t explicitly say retard, which is why I used the term “euphemism”.

Well saying no to peope murdering their own child is no different than saying no to murder in general. Are you trying to say you are pro-murder?

I dont think most conservatives so no to some social programs. Just no to the ones created by FDR which basically create a welfare state where someone can have the same things a working person has without working. Also, they dont say no to diplomacy, they try it, but if it doesnt work they move on to what does. That is way more sensible than playing games with some idiot like Hussein or Ahmybreathisbad.

All the above were rooted in selfishness because liberals want a government that will take care of them so they dont have to risk anything or face consequences when they make mistakes. They want a Moooommmmyyy and Daaaaaaadddyyyyyyy to come and rescue them for the rest of their lives.

I’m not going to argue with you about abortion, but suffice it to say I am not “pro-murder”. I will not be baited that easily.

Prime liberal magical thinking here. Blame Bush for a deficit that was partially created by two wars caused by us being attacked on 911. The deficit was also created by a declining economy. A president cant control the economy he can only attempt to limit the affects. I guess in your mind we wouldnt have a deficit because we would have just gave the terrorists a time out or a gentle smack on the hand and hoped they learned their lessons. Bush didnt label a bunch of Americans terrorists unlike Obamas DHS director who labeled anyone not a liberal a potential terrorist. Jesus.

Partially created by two wars, yes. Due to 9/11, no. We started one war due to 9/11, and one war for WMDs that magically disappeared when we got there (we get the oil though!). Bush didn’t decrease overall spending by even 1% to reflect the “declining economy”. You also don’t know my political beliefs, so I would refrain from assuming anyone that sees your OP for what it really is, is an extreme liberal.

I like how you believe a President can limit the affects of a declining economy. Kind of like FDR’s social spending to get us out of the Great Depression and how Bush and Obama enacted massive government spending to ensure we didn’t see another one. Bush never directly labeled anyone as a terrorist and neither has Obama. The DHS report said nothing of the sort about anyone who is not a liberal a potential terrorist.

No I am saying the government should treat everyone fair and let people live and die by their own choices. If retirees need more help, its their own fault for not saving their money or making stupid investments. Why should we have to help them? Also, most people regardless of party support helping trully handicapped or mentally ill people, but you cross a line when you want to hand out money to people with add or slightly low iq, like its our fault somebody is an idiot.

The people affected by Enron weren’t idiots. The people who lost their retirement money due to the corruption in the banking industry weren’t idiots. The people who lost everything in Katrina or Ike weren’t idiots.

Typical liberal thinking. Liberals think they have a right to the government solving their problems and taking care of them. That infringes on everyone elses right to keep more of their hard earned money.

That was out of left field. My response didn’t have anything to do with the government, and you still haven’t answered how anything in your op intelligently questions or tests anyone’s logic, because you know it doesn’t and you know I called you out on the hypocritically tantrum that the OP really is.

Lets censor me because I disagree with you. I didnt say you had to read it or post here. Typical liberal tactic of deflecting their problems onto everyone else.

I never suggested to censor you. I just stated the obvious effects of your OP.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

URL of the test: www.4degreez.com...
URL for more info: www.4degreez.com...

Went ahead and took it, apparently I like attention!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

I’m not going to argue with you about abortion, but suffice it to say I am not “pro-murder”. I will not be baited that easily.

I dont believe that is bating. It is just someone calling it bating because they cant accept the truth and so they hide under the covers in order to avoid the good spankng that they so richly deserve.

Partially created by two wars, yes. Due to 9/11, no. We started one war due to 9/11, and one war for WMDs that magically disappeared when we got there (we get the oil though!). Bush didn’t decrease overall spending by even 1% to reflect the “declining economy”. You also don’t know my political beliefs, so I would refrain from assuming anyone that sees your OP for what it really is, is an extreme liberal.

I agree that Bush lied to start the Iraq war. He had a legitimate case though because they broke the cease fire agreement practically daily. I assume he had to lie in order to get the people that want us to just let everything slide, because Hussein's parents were abusive, to support his justifiable acts.

I like how you believe a President can limit the affects of a declining economy. Kind of like FDR’s social spending to get us out of the Great Depression and how Bush and Obama enacted massive government spending to ensure we didn’t see another one. Bush never directly labeled anyone as a terrorist and neither has Obama. The DHS report said nothing of the sort about anyone who is not a liberal a potential terrorist.

FDR's spending spree did not get us out of the great depression. It just got him some more votes. Bush and Obama did us no favor by handing out money like it is Trick or Treat candy to companies that deserved to fail. Bush probably did it just so he wouldnt have to listen to liberals whine about consequences in his remaining days in office.

The people affected by Enron weren’t idiots. The people who lost their retirement money due to the corruption in the banking industry weren’t idiots. The people who lost everything in Katrina or Ike weren’t idiots.

Oh please! Who invests in a company like Enron that did basically nothing to earn money but at one time was more valauble than GE? Also people in Katrina were idiots. Who decides to live in a bowl surrounded by water and doesnt expect to get flooded from time to time? Idiots!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

LOL, glad you passed. You showed a pair and took it. You are a brave man. I dont see any liberals running up to take the test. Fear the truth, and the NWO will own you one day. God forbid they find out they might have a problem, it would just mean more taxes for the rest of us to pay for the cure, and to support them for the rest of their lives. You know unless a liberal is perfecty healthy they cant possibly work. Oh and God forbid if you expect one to work at a fast food restraunt. They are too good for that. That is probaby why they dont think ILLEGAL immigration is ILLEGAL.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Five gold stars for the articulation and verbosity of the OP.

[color=gold] * * * * * *

Ooops, there's six...

When my family gets together, about 15+ adults of varying ages are all registered Republicans. There is one Democrat. The wife and I are the newest Independents and swaying the rest. When the one democrat isn't around (we aren't mean to her at all but even her parents have said...) "When K____ finally grows up she'll become a conservative."

ALSO, she is the only one in the family that holds a high county government position. She tried to get me a job at the county IT dept. but I want nothing to do with gov't. (Except to change it for the better.)

When considering the youngsters of the family the numbers skyrocket to 30+ and the lone 15 year old girl absolute rages against how immature the liberals are... She is very sharp AND mature herself.

Just imagine how wise a 15 year old like that really is...

She's a teenager and armed with truth... in about 2 sentences, put a liberal to shame.

Thanks so much for your posting. Absolutely hit the mark.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I took it too. Here are the results.

Paranoid: High
Schizoid: High
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: High
Borderline: High
Histrionic: High
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: High
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

LOL, just kidding.. Here are the real ones.

Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

A star for you. I appreciate you adding real life experiences that help to prove the point. You are very well spoken as well. Obviously, you come from a family full of people with some common sense and a maturity level that matches your ages or even exceeds them in some cases.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Since you decided to share real world examples, I will too.

I do a lot of consulting to non-profits. A lot of them are ran by liberals trying to save the world. Well they have no concept of money, because when they run out the government or some liberal agency just hands them another suitcase full of cash. Well I have a client that serves like a hundred homeless people and they spend millions of dollars to save these people from themselves. It never accomplishes much other than to find more ways to waste money and bury their liberal guilt. They so dont understand money that it never occurs to them that they could buy these people houses with the money they poor down the rat hole.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just a brief thought: perhaps it would make more sense to compare liberals to the parents rather than the toddlers?

After all, most of us do not rely on the government to support us, do not blame society or others for our own mistakes, and are not looking to grab all we can.

Most liberals believe in sharing with the less fortunate, and that it is a proper function of government to provide a safety net for those in trouble. Most liberals pay taxes and contribute to society in others ways because they believe in altruism and compassion. Unfortunately we have never in this country seen a widespread efficient and practical application of liberality, but do not confuse the abusers of the system with liberals.

The stereotyped "liberal" that you describe in your OP is no more a true liberal than George Bush was a true conservative.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join