It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Is Gone!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

North Korea Is Gone!!!

maps.google.co.uk

Wiped from the Map...!! War on the horizon?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
North Korea has vanished from Google Maps. After reading news about F22 and B-2 Bombers landing in Japan and at Guam, Patriot Missles being based in South Korea and now North Korea has moved a missile to be launched, are we heading for a big showdown?

When I looked a few days ago on Google Maps, it was all there. Now it isn't! Why and who would take this info off the web.

I am interested in your comments.

Would the NSA or Obama say to do this if they had plans for tonight maybe?

Why would North Korea ove a missile to the North West coast facing China, has little Kimmy completely lost the plot?

maps.google.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

HOAX!

Here it is:
"Pyongyang"
maps.google.com...

try to be useful

jw

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A bit odd, but if you search for a specific town, say Pyongyang, it finds it. Switch over to satellite view & it's still there. Only Map view is "clean".

[edit on 6/1/2009 by thomasblackraven]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Will you look at that! It really is gone from google maps. Just a white space now with the words "North Korea"

This is rather odd, I do have to say. Maybe they are getting ready to change all known maps of the country?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Good ol' Hoax!

Yeah google maps is probably doing some maintenance work or something, this kind of thing happens all the time.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
North Korea

Do you mean the fact that no cities/regions are displayed as they are for the surrounding nations?

That is a bit odd, but has it always been like that or is that recent?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Looks like Google hasn't nuked North Korea just yet.

If you are referring to the lack of cities and administrative divisions on the Google map for North Korea, that has been that way for as long as I can remember. Other countries - such as Somalia, Ethiopia, and Kazakhstan - are the same way.

This has nothing to do with what is going on with North Korea.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Too bad! That was a great headline! (No, I do not wish any ill will to those millions of innocent N. Koreans), but it would be great to see some decisive action for a change, instead of rhetoric and posturing all the time!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just been on google earth and it looks fine to me. Maybe there was maintainence going on?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I can see N. Korea very well. I don't know what your looking at but on my google it is in plain sight. If you talking about the lack of cities thats been that way for some time now. Long befoe the current U.S.A. caused trouble.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Your Headline said :
North Korea Is Gone!!!

This seems a bit premature ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c772396a303e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was referring to the fact that all the cities and roads have gone on the Map view. They were there the other day because I was explaining to my Wife what was going on in the news and showing her on the screen (she isn't very good with geography lol).

So I was just curious if this had happened before with maybe Iraq or other areas?

I think there will be a lot of happy people if we sort them out with a few Nukes and then all the people can live normally (as much as possible) like South Korea and enjoy simple things like food, tv and not have to dress the same like robots. Must be horrible living there and having to eat grass.

video.google.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have found that certain areas on google maps are not that good. Especially with the satelite images.
I can find my house here in canada. see what was in the backyard the day they took the foto. etc etc. But when i try to find my wife's villiage area in the Philippines, the closest i can get is a 100 mile area. Saying they do not have anything for better focus in that area.
Googles Satellite images come from NASA, and am sure that NASA/US govt is not going to release a detailed map of North Korea. Since this would show what the satellites are actually looking for.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
They were there the other day

If they were, then that was a glitch. I use Google maps quite frequently because of a political strategy game I participate in, and have done so for the last year or two, and I can honestly say I have never seen North Korea with any city labels.

But like I said, North Korea isn't the only country that is like that. There are quite a few of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
I think there will be a lot of happy people if we sort them out with a few Nukes and then all the people can live normally (as much as possible) like South Korea and enjoy simple things like food, tv and not have to dress the same like robots. Must be horrible living there and having to eat grass.

Think about what you just said.

Nukes does not equal happiness. Instead of eating grass and weeds, instead they'd be eating horribly irradiated shriveled grass and weeds, scratching an existance from the fallout laden earth.
And that's before we think about the clouds of nuclear dust which would inevitably spread over China and Russia.
Give me North Korea over a nuclear wasteland anyday. It could be solved in a much less horrific way.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, I just went to google maps and it is there now anyway.

It was probably just a temporary glitch. Perhaps they were manatining the site?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zeineguy48

Actually, Google Maps, and others like it, use a smorgasbord of US Govt. satellite images, private corporate satellite images, and a whole plethora of aerial photographs to compose the map/image.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
OMG did Iran wipe the wrong country off the map?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Holy dog do doo Batman!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c772396a303e.jpg[/atsimg]

That is pretty damned strange, opening up google earth as I type

edit.... Not a lot to go on, NK only has one city now

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e62e0f7bb489.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Now_Then]

edit: I should add that simply typing 'Korea' in the search bar gives little hink of there actually being a 'North' Korea!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afeb8fcccede.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Now_Then]

<<   2 >>

join