It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Shoots 2 at Arkansas Military Recruitment Center

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Gunman Shoots 2 at Arkansas Military Recruitment Center

www.foxnews.com

A gunman opened fire Monday at an army recruitment center in Little Rock, Ark., killing one army recruiter and seriously wounding another, FOX16.com reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
...And the question is always asked weather the Military would open fire on civilians. Perhaps we should debate on would civilians open fire on the Military? Anxious to see the M.O. on this. It's sad to see so many people hate on recruiter's, I know from experience that they don't force anyone to join.

And sorry if this is in the wrong area!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Juston]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This year there has been a lot of random shootings. I can only see later by the end of the year, this getting a lot worse.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Take away the guns, to prevent things like this.

Take away all weapons that were manufactured to kill.

Are we still barbarians?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Such a sad story. My God, why in the world would any sane person kill these men? There a many "nuts" in this old world we live in! If he is truly insane disreguard that statement. Could be someone back from their 100th tour in Iraq that has not been given medical care. You never know. Most people who do these crimes are just Pure Evil in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOhereNOW

Are we still barbarians?

Right! Then the only ones left with guns are who? The good guys? Not likely. Until the entire world decides to do away with nuclear weapons you can forget about disarming the individual.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOhereNOW

No more baseball, no more hockey, etc. Better sharpen your teeth because you'll never see a knife again. Get a good pair of shoes because you'll never see a car again. I don't know how you'll be able to keep up on repairs to your house without a hammer or screwdriver, let alone how you will build one in the first place.

If you are going to take away the weapons you'll be at it for a while. First the guns and knives but you'll soon realize that people are still finding ways to kill each other. By the time you are done, we'll all be toothless and limbless.

To answer your question, yes.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by janon]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sounds good.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I point you to the thread on Tillers murder, where pro-lifers and religious types were castigated as 'mis-guided zealots' and worse.

Where are you people now that you have been shown to be cut from the same cloth??

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

What people are you refering to?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I point you to the thread on Tillers murder, where pro-lifers and religious types were castigated as 'mis-guided zealots' and worse.

Where are you people now that you have been shown to be cut from the same cloth??

Not trying to be difficult here, but can you translate that statement into a simpler form so I can understand your point? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What did the alleged shooter think he was going to accomplish with his random act of violence? That's the question I have? As the downward spiral continues these acts will only increase and grow in their heinousness.

We need to find out what is going on in these peoples heads and give the psychiatric attention they need! This is really get out of hand. Most recruiters try to be as up front as possible with potential candidates. They do have quotas they have to honor though. If they don't meet their quota they are sent back to active duty. It's sad but that is the way of the game. So in other words, the recruiters are under pressure.

I feel sad for the recruiters and their families in this tough time.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

And the thing about these two that got shot up are actually new recruits just from Basic Combat Training doing HRAP, Hometown Recruiter Assistance Program. These guys might not have even been done with their Advanced Individual Training for all we know. Kids that were still green(same as me), not even expecting the worst.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston

[edit on 1-6-2009 by NWOhereNOW]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
After losing several friends to this country's bull# crusades and watching these mother#ers walk around my school campus back in the day I can't say I feel sorry for 'em. What pig in their right mind would try to actively recruit young people to go over to Iraq? What sane justifiable reason is there? # 'em.

Where the idiot pro-lifers in this thread? That was spot on whoever made the comparison between this story and the Tiller story.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
reply to post by Jakes51

And the thing about these two that got shot up are actually new recruits just from Basic Combat Training doing HRAP, Hometown Recruiter Assistance Program. These guys might not have even been done with their Advanced Individual Training for all we know. Kids that were still green(same as me), not even expecting the worst.

That is very sad indeed. My thoughts are with their families. Terrible! There are no easy solutions to quell the wanton violence. As stated earlier, it is only going to get worse. We just have weather the storm.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I just so happen to live within A BLOCK of where this shooting occured...

This is absolutely ridiculous! I can't believe that it has come to this. Shooting our own PROTECTORS of this country!?!? What has happened to this world?

Being as I live so close, rumors are running rampant, just like they would with anything of this magnitude... But I have some pretty reliable sources stating that it was a targeted gang shooting.

One of the victims was apparently an ex gang member and joined the millitary to try and change his life around, and I guess that's not acceptable to just quit a gang, so upon his return here to Little Rock, they found out where he was going to be working and drove by and shot 6-7 shots in the direction of the two men that were standing outside at the time. One was killed and the other is barely hanging on.

That's what I heard... which is just all hearsay at this time I'm sure...

Anyways, the street that this occured on and where I live (Reservoir Road) has been known for a long time to be violent. The area is called Death Valley... In the past few months there have been senseless murders (3 that we know of), arsons, numerous robberies, ect. and it is getting out of control and there's got to be something that can be done about this! More patrols, something?!?!

The association for the condos that I live in (a mere block away from this ridiculous crime) are currently undergoing changes to install gates and there's even talk about hiring a nighttime security gaurd to roam around in his truck.

Something has to be done...

I will be keeping the families of the victims in my thoughts, and I hope you will do the same.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by ou_sooners_19]

[edit on 6/1/2009 by ou_sooners_19]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
reply to post by NWOhereNOW

No more baseball, no more hockey, etc. Better sharpen your teeth because you'll never see a knife again. Get a good pair of shoes because you'll never see a car again. I don't know how you'll be able to keep up on repairs to your house without a hammer or screwdriver, let alone how you will build one in the first place.

If you are going to take away the weapons you'll be at it for a while. First the guns and knives but you'll soon realize that people are still finding ways to kill each other. By the time you are done, we'll all be toothless and limbless.

To answer your question, yes.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by janon]

You can't shoot up a school with a hammer.

You can't kill 8 people from 50 feet away with a screw driver.

You don't rob a store or a bank with a baseball bat.

You don't hold a hostage with a hockey stick.

Nobody is suggesting that we get rid of construction tools or kitchenware, smart one.

Only firearms.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Your anger is justifiable considering you have lost several friends, but really, do recruiters deserve to die? For being recruiters?

With your logic I guess it's ok to murder college recruiters, I mean, kid's get recruited to go there also, and sometimes end up getting killed. Here's some statistics.

College Violence

Furthermore, and I speak from experience, a vast majority of young people come to us, rather than us putting on our black hoods and kidnapping them from malls and schools.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join