It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: Israeli buffer zone eats up 30 percent of Gaza's arable land

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

You're fighting a good fight. A lot of people took the "Blue Pill". Israel is in no way innocent. If you starve a dog long enough it's going to retaliate. Their blockade policy was only meant to serve one purpose. Exactly what it's doing, starving the people and forcing them to retaliate and then Israel can play the victim and bomb the bejesus out of them and feel justified only to repeat the cycle over and over again. The reason no other Arab Nations are coming to the aid of the Palestinians is because Israel is foaming at the mouth for a war with Iran. They're worried about an attack for helping out. Don't want to get into a war over it.

Live in your reality appologists and I'll live in mine.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Please go read some history first Lebanon and Israel have regular problems at there border.The only countries that leave Israel alone now are Saudi Arabia and Egypt both have far to much at stake. Both the Palestinians and Israel are at fault in reality this whole conflict boils down to religion contrary to what people like to think.Its not about land its not about repression those are just political corect bs when the hamas president states jews are pigs and goats a refrence to the Kuran this tells you alot. The palistinians honestly believe the jews are a cursed people by Allah.

Until people on both sides give up there religous beliefs and except the fact were all human there will be no end in sight.

[edit on 6/6/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Until people on both sides give up there religous beliefs and except the fact were all human there will be no end in sight.

You included. The first thing you do when someone contradicts your point of view is attack their supposed lack of knowledge on the history of this region. Looking to the past to fix the current problem won't work. The Palestinians have every right to live free from Israeli oppression. I don't see any examples of Israel being oppressed by the Palestinians except some rocket fire and suicide bombers because that's all they have to fight back. There isn't 500 000 Israelis starving to death because of a Palestinian Blockade of Israel now is there?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Bummer, Gaza just keeps getting dogged on a daily basis. I see no justification for this, and the fact that people are so sure that Gaza is to blame astounds me. With rockets going back and forth who can say with the upmost certainty who started what. I've tried and tried to pinpoint, but all it takes is one sniper to take out a farmer who he percieves as a threat.. that farmers son gets upset and aquires weapons and returns fire, or joins a radical group to take part in this. Then Israel 'has a right to defend itself' which is such a stupid sentance that i'm sick of reading. All countries have a right to defend themselves, but they also have the responsiblity to not let that defense change into agression. Especially when you are exchanging fire with one of the most densly populated areas in the world.

On the other hand I can't see this problem being resolved unless Hamas steps down. Israel just doesn't care about the well being of the Gaza citizens enough to cease fire against Hamas. They have made this abundantly clear in the past... I've read reports of top Israel officials who stated that they intentionally bomb civilian areas and blame Hamas for hiding their, hoping the citizens will revolt against their elected officials.

It sucks either way, people just don't value life. I never understood war and agression. I remember growing up and watching these conflicts on the news and at the same time listening to teachers telling me not to fight, and to use my words because those are what really matter. Then I get to see all these glorious world leaders completely contradict what I am being taught.

Can't we all just get along?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

To ignore history you do so at your own peril. I'm going to quote my history teacher here "everything in history repeats itself. To ignore the the root causes of any problem you will never find a solution only a band aid.Were dealing with 2000 years of fighting here noa a couple of decades.And ignoring the true causes of the conflict wont make them go away come on be real.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It's convenient to ignore the rest of the post and concentrate on a small portion. Israel claims to want peace yet their actions speak volumes to the contrary. If that's the way they seek peace then I give up. The old excuse is that they send suicide bombers and rockets into Israel. Do they really have any other choice?

Israel has such a strangle hold on them and has for decades that they are starving to death and living with nothing because Israel picks and chooses when aid gets through and then reporters and farmers and women and children are the subject of sniper fire for trying to farm on their own land. This buffer zone is an excuse to provoke more rocket fire and suicide bombers as retalliation and that will give Israel the Green Light to bomb them to S)$T again repeating the same cycle they always do until no Palestinians are left.

Have the Cajones to call it what it is?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
It's convenient to ignore the rest of the post and concentrate on a small portion. Israel claims to want peace yet their actions speak volumes to the contrary. If that's the way they seek peace then I give up. The old excuse is that they send suicide bombers and rockets into Israel. Do they really have any other choice?

Israel has such a strangle hold on them and has for decades that they are starving to death and living with nothing because Israel picks and chooses when aid gets through and then reporters and farmers and women and children are the subject of sniper fire for trying to farm on their own land. This buffer zone is an excuse to provoke more rocket fire and suicide bombers as retaliation and that will give Israel the Green Light to bomb them to S)$T again repeating the same cycle they always do until no Palestinians are left.

Have the Cajones to call it what it is?

And i take it in your opinion Ha mas bears no responsibility.They have admitted there goal of destroying Israel.They have been receiving money to help there country where did it go? They get food sent to them and then they steal it from there own people then says it was a mistake only to do it again to where the UN stopped food shipments to them.Its convenient to blame someone else for all there problems but in reality that is never the case. I think Israel has blame but its not entirely there fault part of there reaction is being human. If your neighbor continually attacked you it might only be small stuff flatten a tire cut a garden hose minor stuff,However over a prolonged period of time eventually you will go next store and you will break his nose its human nature. Is this response appropriate no will it makes thing worse probably. Is there a rational explanation yes you got frustrated! There is all ways 2 sides and very seldom will they agree!

PS : Ha mas shows just as much responsibility in this when things calm down they will all ways find a way to reignite the flame this fight has been going on for centuries in reality the reason the middle east is unstable is because of religion

[edit on 6/12/09 by dragonridr]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join