It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: Israeli buffer zone eats up 30 percent of Gaza's arable land

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yeah, and we just elected a ten-fold turd.

Look, if the Gazans were nice people, the Egyptians would have been glad to take them in when Israel offered to give Gaza back to Egypt.

Egypt said "hell no!"

Obviously not the brightest, nor the most accommodating of people.

It would appear that their misery is of their own making.

So be it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Couldn't agree more, Obama will be hated by the time him and his little band of liberal trolls has finished "fixing" the US.

Look, if the Gazans were nice people, the Egyptians would have been glad to take them in when Israel offered to give Gaza back to Egypt.

Egypt said "hell no!"

So be it.

It's refreshing to see someone on here who actually has a grasp on reality.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'm still patiently waiting for that list of Gazans who have starved to death.

Whenever you're ready.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

If I may add....

Their is only "ONE" restriction on food being allowed to them.

That would be pasta products, clever buggers figured out how to make a bomb with it.

Lastly, Since it is the them who are constantly attacking, it seems fair that they be the one to lose the ground.(IMO)
(I fully realize not all of them are attacking, but it "IS" their elected government that "IS" doing it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

As a result of the siege, the stocks of imported food products in Gaza are dwindling, driving their prices sky-high, while fruit and vegetables that were intended for export are being sold in Gazan markets at a loss. Many families cannot afford to buy them, however, due to the high poverty rate in Gaza. 80 percent of Gazan households now live below the poverty line, subsisting on less than 2,300 shekels a month for a family of six. Households in deep poverty, living on less than 1,837 shekels a month, currently comprise 66.7 percent of the population. 80 percent of all Gazan families would literally starve without food aid from international agencies.

www.btselem.org...

February 2008

"Our target group is children suffering second and third degree malnutrition" says Najah Zohod. "We weigh every child who comes here, and take blood and urine samples. Approximately half the children are mildly malnourished. But 32 percent are suffering second-degree malnutrition -- and the remaining 16 percent are third-degree malnourished." All those assessed as suffering second- or third-degree malnutrition are referred to the Nutrition Unit. "We give the children nutritious meals here at the center, and also train mothers to feed their children a healthy balanced diet," says Najah. "We usually serve the children fresh meat, fruit and vegetables. But this week we cannot serve the children any fruit at all, because of the closure."

electronicintifada.net...

April 2008

Speaking at the American University in Cairo after talks with Hamas leaders from Gaza, (ex-president, Jimmy) Carter said Palestinians in Gaza were being "starved to death", receiving fewer calories a day than people in the poorest parts of Africa.

"It's an atrocity what is being perpetrated as punishment on the people in Gaza. it's a crime... I think it is an abomination that this continues to go on," Carter said.

in.reuters.com...

January 2009

Studies in Gaza have revealed ’stunting’ in children compared to their West Bank counterparts due to the siege. A 12-year-old child in Gaza is now about the same size as an 8-year-old in the West Bank.

www.palestinemonitor.org...

Over 400 children dead in the new year offensive alone, is this proportionate to the amount of Israeli children killed by terrorists since the turn of the century? How can you justify all the above?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Egypt said "hell no!"

So be it.

Your right in fact as i pointed out earlier in my post egypt is at fault as well.In fact not only did they say no to the offer they increased there border security did you see them scrambling to rebuild the fence when it was blown up! Instead of keeping it opened they slowly rounded up all the Palestinians shuffled them back across the border and with a pat on there back and said good luck. Then of course repaired the wall put more security there.Thats why i laugh when people want to rewrite history to the way they think it is.

Truth is neither side like the other and here is the root of all the problems. Isreal once again could bow down to public pressure open the boarders and within a year there will be sufficient terrorist act to get them once again to close it.If one side is not playing the aggressor its the other.

Truth is if they started building a port started enticing factories to move there bring back all the resorts it was a beautiful area rich people used to vacation there until it became so violent that no one with half a brain will go near these people. they are isolated in part because Lebanon and hamas want it that way.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Over 400 children dead in the new year offensive alone, is this proportionate to the amount of Israeli children killed by terrorists since the turn of the century? How can you justify all the above?

In my experience, there are usually 3 reasons why people support Israel's murderous expansion:

1. They are indoctrinated by Western Media portraying Israel as a nation suffering from Terrorists, refusing to report its atrocities, and constantly taking a one-sided stance on "America's ally".

2. They are Jewish and are wrapped up in an "our religion vs. their religion" mindset, or otherwise blindly support Israel because of that fact. (I'm half Jewish before anyone calls me an anti-semite.)

3. They honestly just hate the Islamic faith, and think of Muslims as lesser people. A few dead Jews is reason enough to support the deaths of 100,000 Palestinians.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
According to the Palestinian Authority Ministry of Health in Gaza, 257 Palestinians have died in Gaza in the last year because they have been unable to leave for necessary advanced care.

peaceblog.wordpress.com...

www.oxfam.org.uk...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by sueloujo]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by Goathief

In my experience, there are usually 3 reasons why people support Israel's murderous expansion:

Do you really think so im glad to see your such an expert in why people do things? I thinks that a bit of a generalization as well as kinda immature stance dont you think.

1. They are indoctrinated by Western Media portraying Israel as a nation suffering from Terrorists, refusing to report its atrocities, and constantly taking a one-sided stance on "America's ally".

In case you haven t noticed Israel is by no means treated kindly in the western media in fact quite the opposite so this is almost laughable.

2. They are Jewish and are wrapped up in an "our religion vs. their religion" mindset, or otherwise blindly support Israel because of that fact. (I'm half Jewish before anyone calls me an anti-semite.)

So I guess Jews are the only ones allowed to form opinions about Israel and then they only do it because there Jewish hmmmm. Sounds kinda stupid to me there are plenty of Jews that don't agree with Israeli policies!

3. They honestly just hate the Islamic faith, and think of Muslims as lesser people. A few dead Jews is reason enough to support the deaths of 100,000 Palestinians.

I dont believe this to be the case at all unless you were a rasist there might be some orthodox Jews that feel this way but then again there are Palestinianswho feel the same way towards Jews and will go blow up people on a bus just because there was someone killed by the IDF this goes both ways.

Thanks for your in depth analysis into the middle eastern conflict all people like you do is manage to further the problem by wanting to bring further wedges in a gap the size of the grand canyon!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Egypt said "hell no!"

So newly born kids are already guilty by location?????
WOW dude, you are sinking to a whole new low

Egypt is another issue
nobody wants to be involved in this palestine vs. israel drama
it's too much for any country to handle

Even if Egypt did hate Palestinians
that still doesn't make them guilty

Remember the g20 summit, nobody wanted to shake Bush's hands?
Ever been to Europe? EVERYONE Abhors america

Should the U.S. be blockaded too?

Any example you give me regarding palestine not being liked I will respond with greater examples
It's just too easy

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Please xplain to me what Palestine is, and who is a Palestinian . . .

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

What your doing is muddying the water because you have some motivation to do so. Is it your just unwilling to look at it from both sides? What has bush got to do with anything in case you missed it hes not the president so you need to update your own propaganda with the US bashing. I think your agendas are warping the facts to prove your beliefs.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

America is irrelevant
examples are valid!

it's not that difficult to understand

there's no america bashing
obviously america shouldn't be blockaded
that's ludicrous, hence a good example
no community should be blockaded

and why are you isolating me?
Is Dooper trying to understand both sides of the fence?

I think the ones showing no understanding of both sides of the fence are the israeli govt. apologists.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I don't meant to sound like im picking on you but when a valid point is brought up you want to say but Israel is starving children which is a half truth. There is plenty of reasons the Palestinians are in this mess and not all of the are Israels fault. The Palestinian government shares just as much responsibility for the difficulties the Palestinians face.In fact i do feel sorry for them when they elected Hamas i don't think they realized what they were going to do to stay in power.

As much as you may hate Israel for what ever reason it might be they do have rights to protect themselves and there people. I don't always agree with how they opt to do that and lately seem to be doing more harm then good, But they are getting desperate to be honest. They have citizens upset over the deaths of soldiers there mad about rockets being fired on there homes and they already feel there government cant protect them from terorists blowing them up in the streets. When a government gets this kind of pressure from there citizens they tend to make feel good gestures which never solves the problem.

Im sorry if you truly thought i was picking on you im a history major and what happens far to often is people think they know history because they look back 10 tears or last year. History goes on far further than that. Heres an example everyone keeps throwing out there about Palestinians being kicked off there land. You want to know the truth they are settlers who arrived there when the British occupied the area. They were cheap labor brought in from Jordan mostly. This area was nothing but desert if you go back to the romans there is several historical authors who said in fact the land was inhospitable. Ever ask your self why during the arab exodus from the area they went to Jordan kinda out of the way reason being is they had family there.

Oh and as i saw a post by someone trying to get you to prove who the Palestinians are its because no such people existed truth is the term Palestinian was invented by Yasser Arafat figuring to carry on his fight they needed a national identity.

[edit on 6/1/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No No No!

Egypt didn't say NO because they were trying to avoid an Israeli/Palestinian drama.

Egypt said "no" because the truth is, these are some of the dumbest, most contentious people on earth. Correction. Not "some" of the dumbest, most contentious people on earth, but THE dumbest, most contentious people on earth.

Nice try, trying to fade the real reason Egypt didn't want anything more to do with Gaza, and in fact, has shut Gaza off tighter than a stripper's sweater.

Get out a map, and learn something. Israel has a mutual border with Gaza.

Egypt has a mutual border with Gaza.

You're mighty selective in who you condemn!

Why don't you bitch about Egypt for a few years, and at least attempt to balance your argument?

But you only want to blame Israel.

I find that folks who are always on Israel's ass are ignorant of geography, ignorant of history, and ignorant in general.

Can we be any more like Gazans and make arguments solely on ignorant, wild-assed lies?

Go get a map and a history book.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You have a point just not sure i would have worded it that way. And the Palestinians aren't stupid they just dont have direction.They have Walls placed up around them by other countries and instead of there government going great will take care of our people we have access to the med we can build airports we can build ports and reduce our dependency on our neighbors.They have a government with an agenda and there agenda is to fight Isreal mostly at the behest of Lebanon although Jordan in on that too. And for there government to remain in power they took a play book from Hitler and has thugs that will make sure you support Hamas.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
I don't meant to sound like im picking on you but when a valid point is brought up you want to say but Israel is starving children which is a half truth.

There's no such thing as a half-truth
that's a cop out lol

There is plenty of reasons the Palestinians are in this mess and not all of the are Israels fault. The Palestinian government shares just as much responsibility for the difficulties the Palestinians face.

Look at america's economy
it's in a complete mess, when all that money goes out
very soon it's currency will be worthless
All because of the american govt.
blowback blowback blowback, americans are increasingly in danger because of it's govt.'s foreign policy

americans died from 9/11
the pushing of the argument that the people are accountable for it's incontrollable govt. is very pro-terrorist-sentiment.
that's why 9/11 happened.

and if you think i'm bashing america
Please, I plead with you, make a thread solely about america bashing and I promise to be an active participant and I will crush any argument telling me that anythign I said is america bashing.

I DARE YOU to make the thread!
v2v me the link if anyone dares.

As much as you may hate Israel for what ever reason it might be they do have rights to protect themselves and there people.

lol PULEEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
come onnnnnn
ISRAEL?
lol

You and me both know starving people that only make up what you might consider a territory is no threat whatsoever to the military might of Israel.
The only thing that surpasses Israel's might is it's Public Relations and Marketing strenght. They still got people thinking they are one of the good guys. WOW

I don't always agree with how they opt to do that and lately seem to be doing more harm then good, But they are getting desperate to be honest. They have citizens upset over the deaths of soldiers there mad about rockets being fired on there homes and they already feel there government cant protect them from terorists blowing them up in the streets.

Please provide numbers of Gaza deaths vs. Israel deaths
Thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

dragon, what, exactly would you call a small region that has had its own cultural identity for decades, one that not even enemies want anything to do with?

It isn't their leadership. It's their mindset. They are miserable, they want everyone around them miserable, and they take every opportunity to SPREAD that misery.

They bitch about not having clean water. Sanitation and sewage systems. Lack of schools. Shortages of food. Insufficient medical care and medicines.

They receive millions of dollars from outside sources.

What do they buy?

That's right. AK's, ammo, rocket building material, RPG's, grenades, explosives, timers, and an entire plethora of destructive devices.

No.

Let's just call them for what they are.

Stupid.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Now your doing it again derail everthing back to the bad Americans really please. Did i mention any thing about the United States i dont believe so?So what does that mean well it appears to me that your agenda is rearing its ugly head again.

And way to pick apart what i had to say by only quoting part of what i had to say this isnt about who had more deaths are you that narrow minded? Doesn't matter whos deaths they are there all civilians they all have families and friends.And are all equally as important. I guess its ok to have people die unless of course there Palestinian come on now. I think your hatred for what ever reasons you have is blinding you to the fact there is reasons this conflict occurs and its not all Israel its not all the Palestinians fault. It is mistakes that have been made over generations.

And ill say this again because you apparently need to here it throwing wood on a fire does nothing but make the flames hotter. That is one of the reasons there will be no solution until both sides can realize the other is just the same as they are and not some monster trying to kill them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

No.

Let's just call them for what they are.

Stupid.

See my above post, Dooper. You are a prime example of #3.

How you can make such sweeping generalizations about an entire nation of people and still expect to be taken seriously is beyond me. Rest assured, very few will.

Are you saying that, since these people are 'stupid', eliminating them in concentration-camp like circumstances is perfectly fine?

Why don't we call you for what you are.

Racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join