It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help editing a post that's submitted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Okay, here is my problem. I submitted a post and proof-read it and everything looked decent but after it appeared a number in the text was not accurate. Apparently, I missed that. I would like to fix it so that when others read it they know the number is correct. Any solutions to my problem? Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If it was a recent post, look in the left hand corner of the post. To the left of the "Quote" and "Reply to" button there should be an edit. If there isn't an edit button then the allowed time frame for editing the post has gone by.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Since it's only been 20 minutes that you've posted your message, there should be an "Edit" button in the top right corner if you look at it. I'm not exactly sure how long the time-out is, but after some time you won't be able to edit it anymore.

I wouldn't worry about it though - I guess people know what you mean ;]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the speedy response folks. I did click the edit button but no change has been made as yet. Does the 20 minutes have to pass before the edit appears on the thread? Again, thanks for getting back to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

No, the edit should show immediatly, with a footer that showed you edited as well...?

Perhaps you could be a more specific, i.e. which post?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here is the post.

If you click the Edit button, you should be able to change your text and then press "Edit Post" - but there is also a "Preview Post" which doesn't change your actual post. So make sure you have pressed "Edit Post" and it should be fine :]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks Gemwolf and Scraze. Yeah that was the post. The header is at the bottom as mentioned, however, it seem to not take. See, I wanted to change the number to 400 as specified in the article posted on the thread. I thought I did that, but apparently it didn't go over well. That one got by me, but hopefully no more in the future. Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

join